Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Only 20yrs old, great speed, control and finishing..

Great speed, yes. His control, finishing and final ball left a lot to be desired. I'd equate him to a 20 year old Aaron Lennon.

I think Saleh would be a good squad player, but you wouldn't want to pay more than squad player rates for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Just No. Not Gareth Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I saw that Levy is on Holidays until the end of the month by the way(In America where his wife is ill I think), plenty of time to do scouting but probably means no signings until the middle of july.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I wonder if the club would be looking at Mohamed Salah, the Egyptian winger who we'll all remember tearing us a new one in the Europa League. Only 20yrs old, great speed, control and finishing..

He banged in a hattrick on tuesday night for egypt 21s.

Ive a feeling we will sign a player or 2 out of the blue....
    Can t really remember a saga regarding Dembele,Siggy,Dempsey,Holtby,Lloris, AVB seems to say nowt to the media regarding targets...within days of us acknowledging the player we signed them last year.... i know Dempsey was a last gasp job, but he repaid us with some VIP goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Great speed, yes. His control, finishing and final ball left a lot to be desired. I'd equate him to a 20 year old Aaron Lennon.

I think Saleh would be a good squad player, but you wouldn't want to pay more than squad player rates for him.

Really? He scored a lovely toe poke under pressure against us, skinned us many times, inside and out. Looks far more skillful and assured in front of goal than Lennon. I'd say £10m would buy him, £20m if he was English;)

And yes, I know anyone can look good in a youtube video..

Really? He scored a lovely toe poke under pressure against us, skinned us many times, inside and out. Looks far more skillful and assured in front of goal than Lennon. I'd say £10m would buy him, £20m if he was English;)

Yeah, really. When I saw him first I thought he was a big threat. Though strong opposition will figure him out quite quickly, imo.

I'd imagine he'd have a great start to a Premier League season (if he got in ahead of Lennon), but by Christmas time he will have faded and then within a season or two he'd be another David Bentley sitting on our books.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

He banged in a hattrick on tuesday night for egypt 21s.

That was the seniors.

He has 12 in 20 games for them now.

Yeah, really. When I saw him first I thought he was a big threat. Though strong opposition will figure him out quite quickly, imo.

I'd imagine he'd have a great start to a Premier League season (if he got in ahead of Lennon), but by Christmas time he will have faded and then within a season or two he'd be another David Bentley sitting on our books.

Pace is the one thing whereby it doesn't matter if you figure it out.

Buying him from the Swiss league, no way would he cost anywhere near what Bentley did in either fee or wages. Plus Bentley was never fast and had an attitude problem. I don't see the comparison.

Ormus wrote: »
    That was the seniors.

He has 12 in 20 games for them now.

Better again so...

£7m + £7m for Nani.

• Advertisement

That was the seniors. He has 12 in 20 games for them now.
    Buying him from the Swiss league, no way would he cost anywhere near what Bentley did in either fee or wages. Plus Bentley was never fast and had an attitude problem. I don't see the comparison.

Exactly, look at it this way:

United spent £17m on Wilfried Zaha (20), came fifth in the championship, one cap (7mins) for England.

Salah (20) for say £10, got to the Europa League Final, has scored 12 goals in 20 international caps.

No brainer in my opinion.

Right, that settles it, get Daniel on the blower and let's get the ball rolling

Apologies, it wasn't a direct comparison of each players' abilities. Maybe a more suitable comparison would be GDS. More hype than actual quality, thus wouldn't last long in the Premier League.

I'm basing my opinions on the four matches I saw him play against us/Chelsea. Rather than matches against Zimbabwe and Guinea.

Apologies, it wasn't a direct comparison of each players' abilities. Maybe a more suitable comparison would be GDS. More hype than actual quality, thus wouldn't last long in the Premier League.

I'm basing my opinions on the four matches I saw him play against us/Chelsea. Rather than matches against Zimbabwe and Guinea.

I haven't heard much hype about this guy really, haven't heard any of the top 4 linked with him, or Real, Barca etc

I guess any player could be a potential flop....he could be the next GDS or he could be the next Messi....I'd settle for somewhere in between

He may have ran rings around Zimbabwe and Guinea, but he also ran rings around our defence over 2 legs. I didn't see the Chelsea tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

The downside to buying Africans is that stupid cup thingy they go off to in the middle of the soccer season.

Whats the crack with this Bernard fella?
    are we seriuos contenders for him or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Whats the crack with this Bernard fella?
    are we seriuos contenders for him or what?

Great question.icon5.png

We seem to be linked to every Brazilian under the sun, Oscar, Damiao, Bernard and now Paulinho.

Probably not surprising given AVB spent a few months in South America scouting when he left Chelsea. Also, Baldini brought many South Americans to Roma and Real.

Could be an exciting window:cool:

Apparently the odds on Kyle Walker signing for Chelsea have reduced dramatically.

If we could get the right price £15m-20m it'd be a great sale. Adam Smith is ready to come in and by all reports (from the fans of teams he's been on loan with) he's brilliant. Far more consistent than Walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

I used to love Zidane when he played but the sh1te he's coming out with lately has really put me off him
    http://http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8778957/Transfer-news-Zinedine-Zidane-urges-Gareth-Bale-to-ask-Tottenham-for-move

This is nothing less then tapping bale up.He's more or less told bale to ask for a transfer to madrid...disgraceful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

I used to love Zidane when he played but the sh1te he's coming out with lately has really put me off him
    http://http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8778957/Transfer-news-Zinedine-Zidane-urges-Gareth-Bale-to-ask-Tottenham-for-move

This is nothing less then tapping bale up.He's more or less told bale to ask for a transfer to madrid...disgraceful

Shocking i hate that kind of shi*t...Zidane needs a swift headbutt to the chest if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Modric also did similar, along with a few others. Seems to be common practice in Spain.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

THFC wrote: »
    Modric also did similar, along with a few others. Seems to be common practice in Spain.

Yeah, modrics comments gave me a laugh....he's barely part of the real squad :P

Now I know it's all newspaper speculation but Bernards agent has apparently said "Dortmund have not submitted a proposal and Tottenham are the only contenders.":eek:

What are the chances of Baldini arriving on our doorstep with Bernard & Paulinho?!

Samba style Spurs!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Only spurs could sign a Brazilian called 'Bernard'. Sounds like someone who sweeps up the rubbish after the games. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

another attacking midfielder. we could do wit a few of them alright

Now I know it's all newspaper speculation but Bernards agent has apparently said "Dortmund have not submitted a proposal and Tottenham are the only contenders.":eek:

What are the chances of Baldini arriving on our doorstep with Bernard & Paulinho?!

Samba style Spurs!:D:D
    That all stems from one tweet with no quotes or source so I would be very wary of it.

Also does anyone else think that actually having an attaking player again in the VDV or Modric role would make Ade score a lot more goals?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

• Advertisement

Also does anyone else think that actually having an attaking player again in the VDV or Modric role would make Ade score a lot more goals?

Very much so, yes.

Advertisement