Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Looks like paulinho is on the way

17 million.

He is a small very skilfully player who can deliver that final pass and is only 24

Are we going to get our top players in early this year ?

If he signs, then bale to stay and we buy a top striker and job done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Hopefully the pandemonium on transfer day is the departure of Parker and THudd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I wonder where Corinthians have confirmed it, but that's quite a bit of cash to spend on a midfielder, which makes me happy :D

I'll admit I've never seen him play, but the last time we spent this much on a midfielder it worked out pretty well for us.

Greg Stobart
    @gstobart

Spoken to lots of Brazilian football here, consensus that he's the best and most important player to the national team after Neymar #THFC
    And he's deservedly ahead of Ramires in the pecking order. His agent is believed to be in Salvador and will talk to Paulinho tomorrow
    He being Paulinho!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

If he is going to sign for Spurs it won't be until at least after June 30th. He said he's focussing on Confederations cup first before looking at the 'proposal' put forward by Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

I was looking out for him in the game last night with Italy but he wasn't even on the bench.

I was looking out for him in the game last night with Italy but he wasn't even on the bench.

He got injured in the game against Mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

irishmover wrote: »
    If he is going to sign for Spurs it won't be until at least after June 30th.

I'd say you're probably right given the transfer window doesn't actually open until July 1st.:P

In the same way Chelsea have 'agreed' to sign Schurrle, Corinthians have 'agreed' to sell Paulinho to Spurs.

I wouldn't read too much into the 'Chelsea/Madrid to gazump Spurs' headlines we'll be seeing before the ConFed finishes/window opens.

This fella at the lane next year would be immense, a midfield of Paulinho, Sandro and Dembele would be some marauding threesome! He looks, dare I say it, very similar to Patrick Viera...:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I said it before and i'll say it again..........

Vertonghen and Holtby both said they wanted to play for us, well before they signed.....This Paulinho fella i think is playing the waiting game......not happy with him at all!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Vertonghen and Holtby both said they wanted to play for us, well before they signed.....This Paulinho fella i think is playing the waiting game......not happy with him at all!!!!

I get what your saying but if say Sunderland or Aston Villa were trying to sign a player who also knew that Spurs may be interested in him, might act similarly. Its the football food-chain We aint as high up there as we want but there are many lower than us. Its the way of the world and maybe the price for not qualifying for CL next season. If he is good enough then I hope he comes to us. If he is using us for a season or two to move on to better things well lets just hope we become better and get regular CL spot.

• Advertisement

Do not fear. The 24-year-old, who scored for Brazil against England in the 2-2 draw between the two sides this month, said: "I feel I am ready to experience football at the highest level in Europe and the opportunity to play in England is a dream.

"It's a great pleasure to be linked to such a great club like Tottenham. They have a reputation as one of the great clubs in England who play exciting, attacking football which suits my style. I couldn't turn them down if they made me an offer. It would be a fantastic opportunity to play for Tottenham."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/brazil-midfielder-paulinho-says-he-will-join-tottenham-following-17m-offer-8671979.html

Apparently, the deal for Villa is almost complete too, looks like it's business time!

Jaysus, that'd be some start to the transfer window and some tonic for the end of last season!! It's all forgotten :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Apparently, the deal for Villa is almost complete too, looks like it's business time!

Any links? Otherwise your just being a tease.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Villa and Paulinho? Would definitely be a great start to the transfer window. I've not seen much of Paulinho, bar a short youtube video, but he looks a lot like Dembele. Likes to run forward, but is also apparently quite good defensively. Would work well with Sandro i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Fiorentina are the competition for Villa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Direct quotes make all the difference in any transfer story. Great news!

If he said those things at all :pac:

Do not fear. The 24-year-old, who scored for Brazil against England in the 2-2 draw between the two sides this month, said: "I feel I am ready to experience football at the highest level in Europe and the opportunity to play in England is a dream.

"It's a great pleasure to be linked to such a great club like Tottenham. They have a reputation as one of the great clubs in England who play exciting, attacking football which suits my style. I couldn't turn them down if they made me an offer. It would be a fantastic opportunity to play for Tottenham."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/brazil-midfielder-paulinho-says-he-will-join-tottenham-following-17m-offer-8671979.html

Good to know that Paulinho reads this forum!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I can't vouch for this author's knowledge of football, but it make for good reading - http://www.givemesport.com/354997-paulinho-what-tottenham-should-expect?

Here's a few bits I liked...

"He is now 24-years-old and has already won the league, the Copa Libatadores and the Club World Cup with his club." - High calibre.

"If André Villas-Boas plays his cards right, Sandro will develop a brilliant relationship with Paulinho and he will play in the covering role that Ralf has played in this year. This will leave Paulinho to be able to glide forward, giving Tottenham that real killer pass that they have been lacking this season." - Exactly what we need!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

I'm surprised we weren't all over Tevez seeing as he moving for 10m. His wages could be an issue but still I think we should have been sniffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'm surprised we weren't all over Tevez seeing as he moving for 10m. His wages could be an issue but still I think we should have been sniffing.

Great player if he's in the mood. Himself and Ade could go missing together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

You do realise he'd be on double what our highest paid player is... No matter how cheap a fee it would cost taking him on would ruin us financially

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What's the story with Liverpool doing all their business nice and early, just goes to show that it can be done if the will is there. Starting to get pissed off now, more nonsense throughout preseason and then players bought/sold at the eleventh hour. Some things never change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Window not open.
    Relax!
    I think it'll be done early (ish) in this pre season

What's the story with Liverpool doing all their business nice and early, just goes to show that it can be done if the will is there. Starting to get pissed off now, more nonsense throughout preseason and then players bought/sold at the eleventh hour. Some things never change.

No transfers have been made for any team, the transfer window doesn't open until the 1st July

'Window not open' is a pretty stupid thing to say when Liverpool have got contracts signed with two Clubs and two players now who will be joining July 1st. 2nd Row is still right. They got business done early. Window open or not.

quality not quantity!

• Advertisement

quality not quantity!

Mignolet is a quality signing though..

Advertisement