Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Starting to get pissed off now, more nonsense throughout preseason and then players bought/sold at the eleventh hour. Some things never change.

Doesn't matter. Our first preseason game is July 24th, whether we sign players today or on July 20th is inconsequential, except maybe to satisfy our appetite to see some transfer news in the paper.

Furthermore, what's the point installing a Director of Football if we have all our signings made before he arrives?

I'd hold fire for now, you might be surprised;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

irishmover wrote: »
    'Window not open' is a pretty stupid thing to say when Liverpool have got contracts signed with two Clubs and two players now who will be joining July 1st. 2nd Row is still right. They got business done early. Window open or not.

This is a pretty stupid thing to say when getting business done before deadline day IS getting business done early...you do follow spurs riiiiiight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

This is a pretty stupid thing to say when getting business done before deadline day IS getting business done early...you do follow spurs riiiiiight :pac:

The definition of early in this context (for me anyway) is before the season starts. The transfer window shuts two weeks into the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

RM supposedly interested in Paulinho now, thats that I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

GS11 wrote: »

No worries, sure arent we partners????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The definition of early in this context (for me anyway) is before the season starts. The transfer window shuts two weeks into the season.

You seem tense, my post was very tongue-in-cheek so lighten up a bit :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

GS11 wrote: »

They've signed a young guy called Isco for that position and already have players like Ozil in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

They've signed a young guy called Isco for that position and already have players like Ozil in that position.

Totally differnent type players imo, both of them are capable of playing wide or behind the striker, he is very similar to Dembele from what I've seen.

Early for me is before preseason starts which is July 24th. Chill dude:cool:

Paulinho starts for Brazil tonight..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

ray houghton said earlier paulinho only passed sideways and didn't score many goals.pops up with the winner then

ray houghton said earlier paulinho only passed sideways and didn't score many goals.pops up with the winner then

And made the first one, good man Ray!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Model to lose out on Pauline after all the talk...hope i wrong, looks a good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Model to lose out on Pauline after all the talk...hope i wrong, looks a good player.
    I think it's done certainly hope so looks a seriously good player Bernard would be great too looks a pacier Holtby.

So after that it's just villa we need but who's going out then?

Thudd, Livermore, Parker and?

Can't see the Paulinho deal being hijacked.

Also think we will land Villa as the competition is reportedly Fiorentina who are also in the Europa League.

Bernard looked good when he came on last night, crucially raising the pace of the game at a point where Uruguay were beginning to tire. Finding space and releasing wingers/fullbacks with fast accurate passing. Looks very similar to a certain Croatian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Can't see the Paulinho deal being hijacked.

Also think we will land Villa as the competition is reportedly Fiorentina who are also in the Europa League.

Bernard looked good when he came on last night, crucially raising the pace of the game at a point where Uruguay were beginning to tire. Finding space and releasing wingers/fullbacks with fast accurate passing. Looks very similar to a certain Croatian.

Really hope you're right about Paulinho and I think you are. He's said he couldn't turn us down and he's also said we're the only ones who've bid.

AVB has already said he won't be going for Bernard though.

Ormus wrote: »
    AVB has already said he won't be going for Bernard though.

To be honest I can't see us affording Bernard but you never know. AVB doesn't really comment on other teams players, you must be thinking of somebody else;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Real Madrid started their pursuit of Gareth Bale by offering Gonzalo Higuaín and Fábio Coentrão in a player-plus-cash deal for the Tottenham Hotspur forward.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3801367.ece

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

frag420 wrote: »
    Real Madrid started their pursuit of Gareth Bale by offering Gonzalo Higuaín and Fábio Coentrão in a player-plus-cash deal for the Tottenham Hotspur forward.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3801367.ece

Wow, two players I personally rate very highly, and two problem positions in the team, although Coentrao isn't the best defensively either (great going forwards). I guess it would depend on how much cash they were including as part of their deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

But two players that I would imagine are not too interested in coming to the lane!! Also it depends on their salary expectations.

If it were true though I would snap that deal up without hesitation!!

COYS

• Advertisement

doubt there's any truth to that whatsoever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

In Gareth Bale we have one of the very top players in the world. We may get two players and some dosh in return but in a team of eleven you can only replace Bale with one player. Its not like we can substitute Gareth and put on two players in his place.

I want Bale to stay, so shove your swapsies up ur rear-end.

Amazing that the Times would spout such rubbish, swaps almost never happen, especially for 2 players who wouldn't join a club not in the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Ormus wrote: »
    Amazing that the Times would spout such rubbish, swaps almost never happen, especially for 2 players who wouldn't join a club not in the Champions League.

I am amazed no-one has mentioned that the Times link above also contains an article about Real madrid going after paulinho. It is hardly a coincidence that Real are threatening to derail the Paulinho deal.

The cynic in me expects Real's interest to cool around the time a deal is done for Bale.

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I am amazed no-one has mentioned that the Times link above also contains an article about Real madrid going after paulinho. It is hardly a coincidence that Real are threatening to derail the Paulinho deal.

The cynic in me expects Real's interest to cool around the time a deal is done for Bale.

Paulinho has already said there is no bid from Real

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I think it's done certainly hope so looks a seriously good player Bernard would be great too looks a pacier Holtby.

So after that it's just villa we need but who's going out then?

Thudd, Livermore, Parker and?

Lets ship out parker huddlestone defoe adebayor dempsey naughton gomes for starters.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lets ship out parker huddlestone defoe adebayor dempsey naughton gomes for starters.

That leaves us with just Villa and Harry Kane up front!

Harry is very unproven.

And we don't even own Villa yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

and dempsey popped up with some important and good goals for us.thudd,parker,livermore would definitely be gone in my opinion and maybe naughton

Paulinho has revealed he is on the brink of joining Tottenham this summer after confessing it would be 'dream' to play for the North London club.

Paulinho, who is currently playing in the Confederations Cup, has dropped a huge hint that he is off to White Hart Lane.

'It is important for the team and the Brazilian fans that at the moment all my focus is on winning the Confederations Cup - but after the tournament is finished I hope it is a deal that can get finalised quickly'

On point: Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas wants Paulinho to improve his options in midfield

'To play in England for a great team like Tottenham is a dream. What I respect about Tottenham is the ambition they have shown.

'This summer there has been interest in their coach and their best player - and they have been clear they both are not going anywhere.

'When my agent made me aware that Tottenham were interested I knew it would not be a move that I could turn down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Serious man love for Candreva last night and his penalty can we have him Levy please!!!

Advertisement