Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

'This summer there has been interest in their coach and their best player - and they have been clear they both are not going anywhere.

Take note Real Madrid and the tabloids -neither Bale nor AVB are going anywhere, so put that in your pipe and schmoke it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

IF we get this Paulinho chap I have to say that it will be one of the best starting midfields we've ever had... Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Bale. That central 3 would dominate most midfields in europe, never mind the premership. Center half, left back and 2 center forwards would be perfect, getting rid of Ade and Parker would be a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

IF we get this Paulinho chap I have to say that it will be one of the best starting midfields we've ever had... Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Bale. That central 3 would dominate most midfields in europe, never mind the premership. Center half, left back and 2 center forwards would be perfect, getting rid of Ade and Parker would be a bonus.
    Caulker is still growing hopefully going to be epic for us.

Lloris

Walker--Dawson/Caulker--Verts--Benny

Paulinhio--Sandro---Dembele

Lennon
    Villa----Bale

Only real question I think is depth in the squad we have Siggy, Holtby, Carroll and Townsend, Dempsey maybe Ade and Defoe up front as well depends on out goings.

Hudd and Parker likely gone this summer Livermore too I think.

Thats no that much cover I just hope Walker starts next season the way he finished last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

do you think bale will just revert to an out and out winger again.if we get paulinho and villa and a left full,sell thudd,parker,livermore and maybe naughton and i think our squad would be in good shape.kaboul can cover right full too.loads of games for fellas to come in and impress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Whats the story with Kaboul lads will he be ready for the start of the season? getting him back fit and ready will be like a new signing for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Lloris

Lennon
    Villa----Bale

Only real question I think is depth in the squad we have Siggy, Holtby, Carroll and Townsend, Dempsey maybe Ade and Defoe up front as well depends on out goings.

Thats no that much cover I just hope Walker starts next season the way he finished last season.

You completely left out Kaboul :eek:
    His return is going to be like a new signing, keeping all defenders fresh in the fight for their place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Lloris

Lennon
    Villa----Bale

Shame on you everdead. You left out our first choice centre half next season...The bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Can't see Defoe hanging around if he's playing second fiddle behind Villa and Adebayor or other. It's World Cup year (probably his last) so he won't wanna be sitting on the bench, could be wrong....
    do you think bale will just revert to an out and out winger again.

I can see Bale playing on the right wing but having more of free role than being an orthodox winger, same way Hulk played at Porto, left footer, right wing.

Can't see Defoe hanging around if he's playing second fiddle behind Villa and Adebayor or other. It's World Cup year (probably his last) so he won't wanna be sitting on the bench, could be wrong....
    e

I can see Bale playing on the right wing but having more of free role than being an orthodox winger, same way Hulk played at Porto, left footer, right wing.

and play lennon on the left?

From what I've read, Villa can play on the left two, drifting inside. Perhaps AVB is looking for forward players that can switch sides easily - Bale can play on either side or through the middle, as can Villa, Lennon not so much. Having players that can do this gives you way more options tactically.

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    From what I've read, Villa can play on the left two, drifting inside. Perhaps AVB is looking for forward players that can switch sides easily - Bale can play on either side or through the middle, as can Villa, Lennon not so much. Having players that can do this gives you way more options tactically.

I'd say you're on the money, the way he set up at Porto was that if one player was out of position somebody else could cover it, makes the team very flexible and hard to mark.

Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho. Holtby, Bale, Villa, Vertonghen, Kaboul all very versatile. And yeah, this is why I could see Lennon being sold/phased out. What ever happened to that lad Willian?

i still won't believe we've signed villa or paulinho till i see them in a spurs jersey!!think he went to anzhi for loadsa money

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Anyone else getting sucked in by the villa reports? My brain says i shouldn't but there's another part falling hook link and sinker for it, wanting it to be true.

I'm not believing anything until I see them in the lane with jerseys in hand, until they it's all Rupert Murdock propaganda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Am I alone in feeling not too enthusiastic about Villa joining us! He's very short term and he might be spent. Nobody rather we moved for Benteke instead!?

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Am I alone in feeling not too enthusiastic about Villa joining us! He's very short term and he might be spent. Nobody rather we moved for Benteke instead!?

He could be a big risk as well though. Yes he was excellent last season and has all the abilities, but could he be the next Michael Rickets? He'll also cost way more than Villa.

I agree about Villa, that he's a shortish term option, but if he can score 15 or more goals for the next 2 seasons he'll be worth every penny. Plus he adds credibility to Spurs as why would he go there if he didn't think he'd be competing? I mean, he could go to Dubai or the US for a big contact if he just wanted the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Saab Ed wrote: »
    We should sign both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

What sorta snobbery is this? David Villa not good enough. I know he had an injury and he ain't a young lad. Seriously, sign him up immediately. He is a big step up in class on anything we have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

i think 2 years is loads !!
    Anytime we have a star, ie berba, carrick, modric vdv, 2-3 years is the most we had them for....and they did great...i know we made profits, but Villa is an established star!!!
    Sign him up i say !!!!
    plays on the left of a front 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Sign Villa up massive star still oozes class too.

• Advertisement

Sign Villa up massive star still oozes class too.

He'll get goals, it ups our status, plus he'll sell jerseys. I can't see a reason not to sign him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

David Villa would be an immense signing for any team, how could anybody think otherwise? He has been an amazing goalscorer for his entire career!

Even though most of his appearances this season were coming from the bench, obviously due to the recovery time of his injury, which he was only out for 8 months with, he was still able to amass 16 goals in 39 appearances

I'm a huge David Villa fan, and have been since his Zaragoza days. Any talk of him being injury prone is also a crock of ****e, he missed 8 months with a broken foot and hardly anything else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Villa will get us goals, up our profile and give us a chance to get back into the Champions League. By the time he's over the hill in 3/4 years we will have the revenue to replace him with similar quality I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

tippspur wrote: »
    We should sign both of them.

I don't think this is unrealistic.

If we sell some of the deadwood in midfield and sell Defoe or Adebayor we could raise the cash for the purchase. I know this is a big 'if', but it's realistic.

A lot of talk of us signing Croatian youngsters Alen Halilovic and Tin Jedvaj from Dinamo Zagreb, deal worth €20m.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

2 17 year olds?? Shocking bit of business if true, can't imagine it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

THFC wrote: »

Not necessarily, if this video is anything to go by...

http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com/2013/6/30/4480550/holy-hell-this-alen-halilovic-video

I know my granny would look good in a YouTube clip, but....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Anything over than £10m (for the pair) represents a massive risk. We could get one very good player for that, not 1 or 2 that might be good in about 6-8 years time. There's also a huge possibility one or both won't even be worth £10m in 8 years time. Huge risk, not one a club like us can afford to take.

I'm sorry, but the more I think about this the more crazy this sounds.

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »

Tin Jedvaj for £6m. Halilovic's current value is £12m but his potential value is £80m. You have to speculate to accumulate. Wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

Advertisement