Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Ormus wrote: »
    I think Defoe and Adebayor are at a higher level than Harry Kane.

Would be crazy to sell all our senior strikers without replacements lined up.

Of course they are at a higher level than Kane, Kane is nowhere near good enough for Spurs, none of the 3 are at the top level, villa is. Your right, we need to have replacements lined up, but I'd still sell the 2 of them.

P.S. My main target would be Benteke, different gravy, he'd score tonnes in our side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

There's a time for gambling 20Million + on two unproven 17 year olds and there's a time for spending that same money on player(s) with proven credentials, who can hit the ground running and take us to the next level in the up coming season, not in 4-5 seasons time - thats all I'm saying.

The thing is, there is rarely a handy time to sign unproven players. I'm sure 6 years ago we had much bigger holes in our squad and some questioned the wisdom of spending £5-10m on an unproven left back from Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I do laugh at the age thing, the man is only 31 and a few good seasons left in him. If 31 is past it then I feel as old as hell :D

nah i didnt mean it that way. some people are saying barca are asking for around 12mil for him and they think a feen that large would be better off being invested in someone younger.

but class is permanent. i also think he has a few good seasons left in him and would love to see him at the lane

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

You get 3 years put of him (which is far from impossible) 12m will be a bargain. Id take him over Bentekke or Michu anyday. Although ideally id love him and Bentekke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

ziedth wrote: »
    You get 3 years put of him (which is far from impossible) 12m will be a bargain. Id take him over Bentekke or Michu anyday. Although ideally id love him and Bentekke

Well this should not be a problem for Joe Lewis, if you can believe Forbes who say he is Worth: $3.2 billion. We just need to see him open up that jewish purse of his a little wider this year. Come on Joe, do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I think we're on the brink of breaking into the top 4. Paulinho, Villa plus a.n. other (Damiao, Soldado/Negredo) will put us there. Not 2 17 year olds. Arsenal are signing Higuain and Julio Cesar. We're not going to overtake either of the Manchesters or Chelsea any time soon, so we need to better our current squad now rather than improving our future squad.
    There's one transfer kitty lads, that's it. £20m represents a significant chunk of that (my guess is probably ~40% of that kitty). Why we, in our current position, would spend such a sizeable amount on potential is a quite risky. I don't want to be saying next May (for the 3rd season running) that our transfer dealings cost us a place in the top 4.

All that said, if there is indeed a kitty for potential then it's probably worth the risk, but I really doubt there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Personally I don't want Joe Lewis to bankroll the club, if I want that kind of success I'll go support Man City.

This club HAS to invest in young talent. We have no choice because we can't buy young world class players.

There is never a handy time to buy young players but we have to do it anyway.

This is the reality of the situation. We can ignore it or recognise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

OFFICIAL - Corinthians midfielder Paulinho has just signed for Tottenham for a fee around €20M after the Brazilian accepted Spurs' offer.

I'm trying to find out where it's actually listed, but it's all over other sites at the moment. Apparently Corinthians director Roberto Andrade just confirmed that Paulinho is a Spurs player :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hope so, some bit of business if true :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart

Paulinho: “I'm sure I have made the right decision in joining another big club[#THFC]. At this stage in my career I needed a new challenge.”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

hope its true & not more newspaper shyte.
    no word on spurs officals yet.

i hope its s donedeal though.

will link up great with Sandro & Dembele in 3man mid next season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Please allow me to lead you in song....

"Paul-in-ho, he's a Yiddo! Paul-in-ho, he's a yiddo!"

We've got Paulinho, you've got Gervinho!! stolen from FB lol

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8801483/Transfer-news-Tottenham-target-Paulinho-confirms-he-is-leaving-Corinthians

& even the 100% reputable goal:o.com have the story:D

http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/brazil/2013/07/01/4087471/corinthians-director-confirms-paulinho-will-move-to?ICID=OP

so why have i been clicking the f5 button on my screen on thfc offical site with no news from today at all so far:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

davycc wrote: »

so why have i been clicking the f5 button on my screen on thfc offical site with no news from today at all so far:confused:

Look at the time!

There's no one home :P the spurs website is a 9-5 job.

I'm sure someone will get to it eventually :P

Look at the time!

There's no one home :P the spurs website is a 9-5 job.

DOH ! :( ha my hangover from sunday still isnt helping me either:cool::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

OtvIAZ6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Who makes these gifs. LOL. DL looks hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Ormus wrote: »
    Personally I don't want Joe Lewis to bankroll the club, if I want that kind of success I'll go support Man City.

This club HAS to invest in young talent. We have no choice because we can't buy young world class players.

There is never a handy time to buy young players but we have to do it anyway.

This is the reality of the situation. We can ignore it or recognise it.

I do want Joe Lewis to put more of his money into the club, Whats the problem that? Nothing wrong with speeding up the process where we climb higher.

• Advertisement

Bloody delighted! He's youth enough :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

delighted, a great signing!:D

now lets sign a striker please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Aye he's confirmed it himself in an interview with pictures of him talking (didnt see the video) so that's good enough for me. Expect to see it on the website in the morning.

Cheaper Moutinho that could potentially be better after watching the Confeds cup..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Great to have this out of the way early for a change. Now hurry up and sign a striker. I'm hoping our transfer deadline day is all outgoings

Great to have this out of the way early for a change. Now hurry up and sign a striker. I'm hoping our transfer deadline day is all outgoings

Outgoings of deadwood and not Bale right? Just so we're clear!

Yup great to have transfers completed early... We'll probably have the croats sorted in some form in the next couple weeks and then hopefully a striker before the Asian tour.

irishmover wrote: »
    Aye he's confirmed it himself in an interview with pictures of him talking (didnt see the video) so that's good enough for me. Expect to see it on the website in the morning.

Cheaper Moutinho that could potentially be better after watching the Confeds cup..
    Didn't know this about Moutinho until very recently, but he's apparently a deplorable person. He was captain at Sporting Lisbon before being shipped out, his chairman said this about him;

"The deal was done because Sporting wanted it, because it did not want a rotten apple in its orchard, and it did not want someone who was not an example, nor dignified the flag of the club."

Much better off with Paulinho imo, he was the best player on the pitch in the Confed Final after Neymar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

irishmover wrote: »
    Outgoings of deadwood and not Bale right? Just so we're clear!

Of course, I'm expecting Parker, Thudd and Ade to be shipped out on deadline day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

We're getting there lads:D

Loris

Walker Kaboul Vertongen left back

Paulinho Sandro

Dembele

Lennon Bale

Villa (hopefully)

Rumours from the papers today..

Paulinho signing for 17m pound.
    Bid put in for Soldado - 17m pound.
    Two croatians to sign for - 17m pound.
    Atletico Mineiro expect Bernard to leave in a few weeks time, Spurs target.. Probably 17m pound..

So there's the 17m pound rumours out of the way...

Baldini to go back to old club for Miralem Pjanic & Lamela..

Aston Villa want 25m pound from Spurs for Benteke..

Besiktas to offer 5m pound for Adebayor..

Thank god I don't read the papers too often.

• Advertisement

still not a mention of Paulinho on the offical site.
    a bit worring for me.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/

Advertisement