Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

davycc wrote: »
    still not a mention of Paulinho on the offical site.
    a bit worring for me.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/

It won't be officially announced until he has had his medical in London and signed the documents. Don't panic, the deal is done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I wonder if they're also waiting for the new jersey to be available for his photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

BAE can still do a job

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Great signing, not someone we were crying out for but he will improve us.

Now for that striker, i'd oprefer Benteke to Villa longterm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Kold wrote: »
    BAE can still do a job

he has to go for me.so lazy & cant even be arsed to do the LB basics anymore..
    Standing off his man & giving him as much time to cross the ball as he likes:mad:
    Makes no effort to block crosses.he should be forcing the attacker over to the corner flag or at least make them pass it back .
    does some amount of ballwatching & often has no idea of who he is supposed to be marking & he couldnt care less..id love to see the stats for how many goals he has personally coat the team.id say its in double figures in last 2 seasons alone :o

If ya went through the match threads from the last few seasons he has broken my heart innumerable times I cant stand the thought of him "playing" another half arsed game here...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Emoran wrote: »

so much fail from wenger:D

this means paulinho is a deadcert to score against the arse in his nld debut;)

FACT:cool:

Wenger got Levyed

https://twitter.com/YouGotLevyed/status/352144017795989505

Some witty stuff in that twitter account for Spurs fans

I stole this classic from the Arsenal thread here..
    Who would have thought the bitter trolls at Talksport could make this comedy genious clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gDaubsq3mGs

Bitter or what

• Advertisement

i thought it was hillarious myself honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

If you can't laugh at supporting spurs you're supporting the wrong club!

We'd all have a laugh if it was the other way around sure

P.S..... Hate that prick Durham by the way too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I sent this link to a Gooner mate of mine, here's how the conversation went...

Me: Here, have a look at this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2174698/Arsene-Wenger-makes-9m-Paulinho-bid.htm

Gooner: F*ck them! We're getting Higuain.

Me: So... are you saying I should buy my Spurs 2014/2015 Higuain jersey now?

Oddly, I'm still waiting on a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

@SkyBet
    BREAKING! We've suspended the betting on Scott Parker joining #QPR after a string of heavy bets

Wouldn't have a problem with Scotty moving on. Was good for us season before last, wasn't his biggest fan last season. Too many 180/360/540 turns with the ball that seemed to take an age and take all the pace out of the move.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

gotta like the guy all the same though, he was poor for a lot of last season though, one of our weakest links along with our strikers and BAE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

gotta like the guy all the same though, he was poor for a lot of last season though, one of our weakest links along with our strikers and BAE

Yea your right, I do really like the guy, and hope him all the best where ever he ends up. Think it's safe to say Paulinho is a bit of a upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

He was brilliant the season before last, but compared to Sandro just didn't have what we needed. He gave his all but as mentioned, Paulinhio is a significant upgrade on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

He didn't seem to have 90 minutes in him last season and he wa injured for half the season so probably never got fully fit.

Hope he does well wherever he goes.

Parker was immense the season before last, gotta give him that. Last year he seemed burned out and then was put in an attacking role which didn't suit him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Wouldn't mind parker moving on, big wages too, but we need back up and competition for Sandro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Sandro is a little trigger happy with the cards and can pick up a knock so I wouldn't mind keeping Parker.

He's better than that though in fairness to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Parker was immense the season before last, gotta give him that. Last year he seemed burned out and then was put in an attacking role which didn't suit him

I agree. Last seasons frustrating performances could be attributed to been out of position and not suiting our style of play. He's still a quality player and do an excellent job for lots of EPL teams if he's played to his strengths. Harry will get the best out of him next season and l'll be keeping a close eye on his odds for player of the championship next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

I agree. Last seasons frustrating performances could be attributed to been out of position and not suiting our style of play. He's still a quality player and do an excellent job for lots of EPL teams if he's played to his strengths. Harry will get the best out of him next season and l'll be keeping a close eye on his odds for player of the championship next year...

id have to disagree here lads.his work rate is top notch but he is not a top 4 player.his passing is poor and he often slows down moves or counter attacks because he doesn't know wot to do with the ball.he carries the ball too much into dead ends.i don't think avb wants defensive midfielders as such.he wants fellas who can pass,carry the ball and defend.paulinho,sandro,dembele and caroll.we may need another central midfielder but maybe he plans on playing holtby there too.either way,i don't think they're 4 bad centre midfielders

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

It's great that Real seem to want Bale next year and not this year at least now this will end all the stupid speculation as players head back to start pre season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

id have to disagree here lads.his work rate is top notch but he is not a top 4 player.his passing is poor and he often slows down moves or counter attacks because he doesn't know wot to do with the ball.he carries the ball too much into dead ends.

I think we are both making the same point here.
    do an excellent job for lots of EPL teams if he's played to his strengths
    That's why I said he could do a job for 'lots' of EPL teams as opposed to them all (Incl top 4 teams) and ONLY if he was played to his strengths (Which he wasn't under AVB as you pointed out).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Parker will not be a loss, he had a great first season and a terrible season last year.

Paulinho will be leagues better

Please, please, please, would free up a huge chunk of cash

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8805153

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

mickman wrote: »
    Parker will not be a loss, he had a great first season and a terrible season last year.

Paulinho will be leagues better

With all due respect Mick how do you know Paulinho will be leagues better than Parker?....my guess is you may as well be talking about Pauline than Paulinho the amount of times you have seen him play!!!! for all we know he could be another kleberson....hope not.

Parker has been a great servant for Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

With all due respect Mick how do you know Paulinho will be leagues better than Parker?....my guess is you may as well be talking about Pauline than Paulinho the amount of times you have seen him play!!!! for all we know he could be another kleberson....hope not.

Parker has been a great servant for Spurs.

with all due respect, how do you know how many times i have seen him play ?

Advertisement