Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

mickman wrote: »

This sounds like a typical Levy brinksmanship deal.
    • Player wants to leave for guarantee of first team football in WC year
    • Being paid exorbitant wages by selling club looking to offload
    • Levy lowballing
    • Club sources leak 'ridiculous offer tabled' in attempt to drive up price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

This sounds like a typical Levy brinksmanship deal.
    • Player wants to leave for guarantee of first team football in WC year
    • Being paid exorbitant wages by selling club looking to offload
    • Levy lowballing
    • Club sources leak 'ridiculous offer tabled' in attempt to drive up price

id say we will see him sign at the end of the window - this is that kind of deal.

I reckon we will go and get benteke or someone else early in the window but for a 31 year old on big money, it will likely be done at the very last minute

id say we will see him sign at the end of the window - this is that kind of deal.

I reckon we will go and get benteke or someone else early in the window but for a 31 year old on big money, it will likely be done at the very last minute

Maybe so, whether it's Villa, Benteke or other I expect AVB has a guarantee that one of them will arrive before the club head for Hong Kong. Maybe there's some truth in Villa in, Adebayor out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

I reckon you're wrong, we have that tournament in Hong Kong next week, I expect this to be a very busy week for transfers and for AVB to have us go there to make a statement, all guns blazing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Anyone know if Paulinho will be playing in it? or will he still be on hols due to the confed cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anyone know if Paulinho will be playing in it? or will he still be on hols due to the confed cup?

I think he's in lanzarote for another 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Looks like Levys penny piching has cost us Villa...

David Villa has officially joined Atleti for €5.1M according to SF

I'd expect AVB to ease him into his position like he did with Lloris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Looks like David Villa has gone to Atheltico Madrid... :eek::eek:

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/354257165017546753/photo/1

Guillme Balague has confirmed it on Twitter too...

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    Looks like Levys penny piching has cost us Villa...

David Villa has officially joined Atleti for €5.1M according to SF

Maybe not, staying in Spain and CL football may have swayed it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'm not just saying this, but I'm not too bothered, go all out to get Benteke now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Maybe not, staying in Spain and CL football may have swayed it

Im dissappointed either way he would have been class in a spurs shirt:(

Time to move onwards & upwards & steal Huiguain as a colsolation signing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Fook all the twitter and itk rumours....

I reckon AVB has a couple of players that we never even considered or read about...

Pissed off over david villa and the fooker was never quoted or seen anywhere near the UK!!!

Who's to say he ever wanted to play the premiership, at 31 years of age, in a world cup year. Would have taken a serious offer to tempt him tbh. For him staying in Spain is too tempting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

So its either an unknown or the obvious summer link with Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Who's to say he ever wanted to play the premiership, at 31 years of age, in a world cup year. Would have taken a serious offer to tempt him tbh. For him staying in Spain is too tempting

Yeah that's just it, he might have fancied the challenge a la Raul, but to play regularly for Atletico in la Liga and the Champions League is exactly what he needs if he wants to play in the World Cup.

The signing coulda gone either way in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

I for one am glad that he is gone somewhere else. Never fancied him for us, too many potential injury problems and age is a factor. At least we wont be waiting about to find out if we signed him. Move on and get a more suitable player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

The target that got away, Damiao is joining Napoli I've heard.

I think Levy should have given in to the 21m demand at the time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Fuck no he shouldn't have

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Fuck no he shouldn't have

Why not? Granted the focus was on Paulinho at the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

I think Villa has lost it imo. No loss to the PL.

Why not? Granted the focus was on Paulinho at the time.

Because that's a stupid amount of money to spend on a player that seems to have no interest in coming to us, a player that no other big club seems to be interested in. I don't like the idea of spending money for the sake of it and £21 is no small sum.

Gutted. Just gutted about Villa. You can't put a price on 20 goals a season for the next couple of seasons, oh no wait - you can, about £5M. A snip.

He would have raised the profile of the club and helped us attract other top players like Benteke etc.

Name one other player in the same class as Klinsmann that we have come close to signing in the last 12+years ... None. We should have went all out for Villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Benteke just handed in a transfer request. Just sayin ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Benteke just handed in transfer request.. Hopefully we're all over it

With arsenal apparently having a £30mil suarez bid turned down I fear bene will be plan B for them?

Benteke just handed in transfer request.. Hopefully we're all over it

Yeah, its in a few of the papers but they seem intent on getting rid if Bent so I can't see them letting Benteke go too unless they get some replacements in first.

BBC SPORT: Aston Villa confirm striker Christian Benteke has submitted a transfer request and not travelled on the club's pre-season tour to Germany...

Plenty of rumours that Chelsea are tabling a bid for him meaning we haven't a fcuking chance! See Hazard, Oscar & Cahill et al..

Also you'd have to question our morals as fans if we celebrated signing a player that went on strike after the Berb & Modric situations. Just sayin...

• Advertisement

Also you'd have to question our morals as fans if we celebrated signing a player that went on strike after the Berb & Modric situations. Just sayin...

Is he on strike? I haven't been following the situation all that much, but you're absolutely spot on if that's the case.

Advertisement