Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Pic is from 15th of June. Old news I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

The two boys in good shape, like signing two new players:

"It's a very good start to pre-season for both players. It's great for Younes after a year out to come back to training and have double sessions with no problems. Sandro hit six months last week and we are on plan, he's made an excellent recovery and we're very happy with him. One more week and he'll join the group and he will also join us for full training in Hong Kong."

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Thud was great for us the 1st season we qualified for the CL, he dominated games with Willy, similar to what Dembele and Sandro did at the start of last season.

I still think he would be a better option than Jake or Parker, we have enough powerful midfielders, a little bit od subtlety would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

"At our club for the time being there's a lot of stability and I think the board are working very, very hard behind the scenes to continue to try to strengthen the squad,"

"I think reading about all the speculation and things of that nature, if you want to read it then go ahead but I wouldn't take too much notice of it.

"What people should take notice of is the board is working very hard to strengthen the squad and if we strengthen then, based on our points total last year, hopefully we'll achieve our goal of getting into the Champions League this upcoming season."

Basically telling us fans sniffing for any sort of headline to keep calm, Daniels got this covered!:D

24 hours to Lambert imposed deadline on Benteke. Will we move or has he been terribly badly advised?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Saab Ed wrote: »
    24 hours to Lambert imposed deadline on Benteke. Will we move or has he been terribly badly advised?

i reckon he will be ours by the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I know this is more ITK stuff, but it seems quite genuine...

http://triffictottenham.co.uk/a-good-bit-of-itk/?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Rooney would be my preferred choice...
    Wages would be the stumbling block....... but you'd never know...
    would sell as much merchandise as Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Rooney would be my preferred choice...
    Wages would be the stumbling block....... but you'd never know...
    would sell as much merchandise as Bale.

No chance! He's on 200k a week, double what we struggle to pay Ade, and although he's at least twice the player, he'd have no interest in coming to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Seen an article this morning about David Villa blaming Spurs messing around as to why he didnt come. Daily mirror i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Seen an article this morning about David Villa blaming Spurs messing around as to why he didnt come. Daily mirror i think

Nonsense, he always wanted to stay in Spain, a look at the price he sold for tells you that. He hadn't the balls to face a new league in a different country. Word everywhere has it we had lots more money on the table. Fcuk the Mirror and their bs, bet it's a gooner fan journalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Nonsense, he always wanted to stay in Spain, a look at the price he sold for tells you that. He hadn't the balls to face a new league in a different country. Word everywhere has it we had lots more money on the table. Fcuk the Mirror and their bs, bet it's a gooner fan journalist.

Or an anti-Levy Spurs supporter follower....there are quite a few of them around

Then again it could just be your standard Daily Mail makeyuppy designed to rile us up

Dembele has signed for Fulham!!! :eek::eek::eek:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/july/17/moussa-signs-new-deal

Dembele has signed for Fulham!!! :eek::eek::eek:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/july/17/moussa-signs-new-deal

GTFO, nearly had a heart attack

Matt Davis on twitter saying Benteke is done and dusted and he'll be off to Hong Kong on Saturday!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

thisguy on twitter says, Oh, right. completely unaffected by the claim :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Matt Davis on twitter saying Benteke is done and dusted and he'll be off to Hong Kong on Saturday!

Matt Davis ‏@Matt_davis95 48m
    Benteke done and dusted? Could see him fly to Hong Kong for pre season tour if deal is done. #thfc

Not quite saying its done yet.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Matt Davis ‏@Matt_davis95 48m

Not quite saying its done yet.

Thank you. Missed the question mark myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I watched the interview he made on Spanish TV, He said it took Atleti 3 days to do what took over a month for Spurs - while he wanted to try his hand at the Premiership, he didn't think we were interested enough for him to risk making the move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well I'll be very happy if it happens. He was excellent last season and as long as he's not the next Michael Ricketts would be a wonderful addition to the team as he's well able to score all sorts of goals.

Cianan2 wrote: »
    I watched the interview he made on Spanish TV, He said it took Atleti 3 days to do what took over a month for Spurs - while he wanted to try his hand at the Premiership, he didn't think we were interested enough for him to risk making the move.

Do you believe that? We signed VDV in 10 mins before the deadline :D
    Athletico came in with a lowball offer and did a Levy to ensure the deal went through in 3 days as it was an unbelievable bargain.

GTFO, nearly had a heart attack

I was hoping to make a few hearts skip! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just throw it on the pile with every other player, agent and club chairman who have said the exact same thing about DL. Its all rubbish apparently, they are all lying, its some sort of weird vendetta that the football world has against DL don't ya know.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Just throw it on the pile with every other player, agent and club chairman who have said the exact same thing about DL. Its all rubbish apparently, they are all lying, its some sort of weird vendetta that the football world has against DL don't ya know.

Or..just hang with me a second as this may take a bit of work...or...it's the media copying each other? as they do with most other reports :P unless this is the one true story that they all happen to report on whenever a "deal" falls through and not more makey-uppy red top clap-trap. Honestly, the case for everything bad being DL's fault and the media simply creating a persona to sell papers are probably neck and neck in the BS rankings, I mean it's unlikely they'd embellish or sensationalise a story, right. :cool:

^^^
    Well, i hear what you are saying - DL has a reputation as a someone who is difficult to deal with so I suppose every time we "almost" sign a player only for it to fall apart at the last minute, then its very easy for the rags to just roll out the same old article about DL penny pinching and back tracking on agreements etc.

But he didn't get that reputation from no-where and we've had direct quotes from several interested personnel in all part of the football world - France, Spain, the UK, Brazil - all saying the same thing. Sometimes it works in our favour - i.e. we get a good deal on players we are buying/selling - i.e. Berba, Modric, Dos Santos and sometimes it doesn't.

The fact they're all saying the same thing was part of the point i was making :)

Its hard to know, but the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle

From now on, when I get worked up about (the lack of) transfer movement or just DL in general, I'm going to think of this picture and go to a happy place.

spurs.gif

Edit - Pity Villa couldnt join the party in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

mushykeogh wrote: »

It could just be the truth and we don't want to hear it. Anyway he aint coming to Spurs so it doesn't really matter. Hopefully it wont be too long before we sign a decent striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just looked at high scorers in Eropean league and looked at possible targets;

Villa -> Atletico
    Damiao -> Not interested
    Soldado -> not willing to meet €25 million fee apparently
    Negredo -> likely Man City
    Jovetic -> ??? was linked with City and Arsenal
    Benteke -> very possible
    Alferd Finnbogason -> many clubs interested, one reported to be Milan, although with their options I find that hard to believe.
    Bony -> Swansea
    Pierre-Emerek Aubameyang -> Dortmund
    Erik Lamela -> apparently we're interested, he's 21 and he's just after scoring 15 goals in Serie A (Roma)
    Lukaku -> highly unlikely I would say
    Jackson Martinez -> were reportedly interested. Got 25 goals last season. Don't see why he would leave for us though, Porto have opened talks to sign an extension which ended our interest apparently.

Other top scorers I've left out either because there's no hope we'd sign them (e.g. Lewa, Ibra, Messi, etc.) or because of their age, oldest apart from Villa, Soldado, Negredo and Martinez in 24.
    I included the first 3 because of their profile, and Martinez because he got 25 goals.

There's no excuse why 2 of the above cannot be signed (obviously with the exceptions of those who I've ruled out). I find it quite frustrating that we have only 2 senior strikers on our books. There is also the possibilities of players further afield (Korea, Japan, Brazil, even the rest of Europe), which only adds to my frustration.

Please Mr. Levy, sign 2 strikers before our first game of the season!!!

Advertisement