Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

i would love it if we signed jovetic, but it wont happen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Saab Ed wrote: »

So we wont take 85 mill from madrid for bale but we'll gladly take 60 mill from utd????
    Lazy lazy journalism

Pappis Cisse seems to have fallen out with the toon over the shirt sponsors.
    wonder does he have anything against hewlett packard?
    Could be a great signing for us

He got a £10,000 fine but it goes up to 297,900 if its not paid by Friday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

He had a poor last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

mickman wrote: »
    He had a poor last season.

Would take him in a flash...Newcastle were in a heap last season.

He was sensational in his first year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Make a cheeky bid for Rooney tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I find it hard to believe we'll buy anyone costing mega money. Maybe an additional winger costing buttons. Ade deal has gone eerily quite?. We've already forked out 17 million on Paully. I don't realistically see Benteke coming, we might put in a bid, but our valuation won't meet Villa's. (I think he's the perfect fit, plus no other team is in our way)

With all the rumours circulating I thought David Villa was a dead cert. That deal stung, now is the time to strengthen more than ever. Valued squad players will be poached next season if Levy fails to do so. Real slim pickings out there, I'd take Berbatov back in a heartbeat for his creativity alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

If we ended July with Benteke, Chadli and Paulinho..... and that ended our transfer business for this window, would everyone be happy?

I very much would!

• Advertisement

If we ended July with Benteke, Chadli and Paulinho..... and that ended our transfer business for this window, would everyone be happy?

I very much would!

Depends on who leaves,If Ade is sold then we still need another striker.
    Can't see any of the 1st team regulars being sold to make way for any major signings in defence or midfield so maybe 1 or 2 unknowns to come in as back up squad players but you never know with spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I very much would!

3 good players and you'd have to be quiet happy with that but Jayzus I dunno If I can face into another season of Ade and Defoe and just 1 other option up front.

We should be selling Defoe and Ade and buying 3 new strikers, not one, not two, Three! Even if we only sold one from Ade/Defoe we should be buying 3 new forwards.

Short of us actually winning the EPL this season, Bale will be gone next summer and we should be lining up his replacement now, not next August.

Other than his big wages, I don't think selling Ade or not is a big deal. I think he still has a lot to offer.

I'll be the first to admit that he had a disrupted and diabolic season last season. But if Bale was our saviour last season, surely Adebayor was our saviour the season before that.

The point I'm making is, I don't think players can turn sh*t over night. Maybe AVB just needed a season to suss him out and find out what he needed to do to get him motivated (other than cash).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I very much would!

I'd take that. I'd be happy to sell Adebayor any time. Remember it's quality not quantity we want.

Other than his big wages, I don't think selling Ade or not is a big deal. I think he still has a lot to offer.

I'll be the first to admit that he had a disrupted and diabolic season last season. But if Bale was our saviour last season, surely Adebayor was our saviour the season before that.

The point I'm making is, I don't think players can turn sh*t over night. Maybe AVB just needed a season to suss him out and find out what he needed to do to get him motivated (other than cash).

Your right, they don't turn shi*e overnight, he has ability, but his attitude is shocking, his willingness to put in the hard work on the pitch is non existant, and if your looking for someone to go the extra mile for the team, you can't count on him. The crowd cheered when he starting sprinting in one of the late home games last season, that said it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Maybe Ade doing a Dawson and refusing to go could be a good thing, shows he's willing to fight for his place. There was a huge effort from him the last few games, he even got a MOTM award. We've seen there is a very decent footballer in there trying to get out, maybe it just needs encouragement from the manager and the fans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Whats the story with Lisandro Lopez?

Announced he would be leaving Lyon in May. Lloris quoted saying he nearly joined in the January window last season.

30yrs old but still bangs them in...

Maybe Ade doing a Dawson and refusing to go could be a good thing, shows he's willing to fight for his place. There was a huge effort from him the last few games, he even got a MOTM award. We've seen there is a very decent footballer in there trying to get out, maybe it just needs encouragement from the manager and the fans

or else he's willing to sit on his big fat contract and do fcuk all

Whats the story with Lisandro Lopez?

Good shout. I've always liked him!

Benteke back in training. That's that

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPcvKOeCEAAwgR9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I duuno lads, Ade has the talent for sure but he has serious form for this kinda thing - 1 great season with Arsenal, same at City, then Madrid and back to us. He's good when he's something to play for like a new contract or a move to a bigger club but he's never reproduced his quality is the seasons that followed big moves.

Something must motivate him, it would be brillant if AVB could find out what that is but I'd move him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Rumours going around saying we're even for James McCarthy. Some even saying a fee is agreed. Not sure why we would be in for him to be honest.

We have enough cover in that area. Dem, Paul, Sandro, Tom x2, Holtby, Siggy etc.

Can't imagine it's true.

Spotted on twitter land....so might be a load of bull anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

All the Utd fans having a circle jerk on the SF thinking they gonna get Bale. Comedy Gold. Have they never heard of Danny Levy?...Just get them to talk to Modric.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Good for them, if it makes them happy believing it then what harm. I'm quite happy believing there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of it happening :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

All the Utd fans having a circle jerk on the SF thinking they gonna get Bale. Comedy Gold. Have they never heard of Danny Levy?...Just get them to talk to Modric.

Haha, well there's gonna be a big signing I think. Could well be Modric too. ;)

Could be Bale?

Could be Fellaini/Fabregas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Benteke back in training. That's that

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPcvKOeCEAAwgR9.jpg[/QUOTE]

That's what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1501518/spurs-double-bales-wages?cc=5739

They're not letting up! Ridiculous story again from those wasters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

I think if they had of told him they slept with his ma and there's no such thing as santy he still would have smiled to be fair ;)

Advertisement