Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

This ones nasty.

Barca about to have a press conference because it looks like Tito is stepping down. Guess who's favorite with the bookies for the job. You guessed it, AVB.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

So...how many numpty "ITK" said this was a done deal? looks quite the opposite from here.

So...how many numpty "ITK" said this was a done deal? looks quite the opposite from here.

Are you directing that at me?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Are you directing that at me?

At anyone in general really, not you alone or specifically but you would be included in the list of general forum posters who frequent this spurs supports club thread.

It's frustrating isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Who knows what is happening but avb certainly won't turn down job offers like Barcelona if he is not getting his targets at spurs

• Advertisement

At anyone in general really, not you alone or specifically but you would be included in the list of general forum posters who frequent this spurs supports club thread.

It's frustrating isn't it?

Very much so but then again, that's kinda the premise on which threads like this are built on. Its gossip, conjecture and general pot luck. That's just the nature of the beast unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ah jaysus, this is frustrating. Nailed on they said, done by the end of the week they said. They got the bloody team wrong though! So it looks like whoever leads the line at the start of the season is going to be either Defoe or Ade or some unknown, or maybe a big surprise (though I don't hold much hope for that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Good Benteke isn't coming, didn't want him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Good Benteke isn't coming, didn't want him

Benteke, another one bites the dust then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

I reckon our No 1 target is Soldado...always has been

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

This Barca thing could work in our favour and force Levy to splash some cash to keep AVB

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Never seen any direct quotes or anything of substance that made me think the Benteke deal was a runner so I didn't have my hopes up unlike I did with Villa.

Money follows money and with Cavani, Negrado and Jovetic on the move recently, it only makes sense that Rooney, Sauraz, huigain, etc will move amount the big clubs with the money. We could never compete with the big 4 in the EPL, barce, RM, Bayern and now PSG and Monaco.

Plenty of time for us to sign another Clint Dempsey or that infamous striker who was once the 'top goal scorer at the uefa u-23 championships in 2009' and hasn't scored a dozen goals since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I'm telling you lads, Lisandro Lopez will be a Spurs player soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Good strikers getting thin on the ground now for us to sign,if Soldado doesn't come we're left scraping the barrel.

tippspur wrote: »
    Good strikers getting thin on the ground now for us to sign,if Soldado doesn't come we're left scraping the barrel.

Huntelaar
    Yilmaz
    Soriano
    (Altidore)
    Demba Ba
    Gomez
    Edin Dzeko
    Remy

Would all be decent signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Huntelaar
    Yilmaz
    Soriano
    (Altidore)
    Demba Ba
    Gomez
    Edin Dzeko
    Remy

remy is cat

remy is cat

Looked a class act in front of goal at a dog team.

Looked a class act in front of goal at a dog team.

he scored about 4 goals.i wouldn't be calling him a class act.

he scored about 4 goals.i wouldn't be calling him a class act.

6 in 14. Not bad for a relegated team.

Not sure of his situation regarding the rape arrest.

6 in 14. Not bad for a relegated team.

Not sure of his situation regarding the rape arrest.

not my cup of tea anyway

• Advertisement

How much of a step up fom Defoe/Ade is Remy. Very little. Certainly no 20+ goals a season striker.

If we want another player who scores 10, 12 or 14 goals a season sure we might as well bid for Bent or Crouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I wasn't sold on Bentekke. Demba Ba is a much better player and he has hardly set the world alight at Chelsea. Remy would be handy if we sold Ade/Defoe but he isn't the answer IMO.

DO you think Dzeko could be an option? He was unreal at wolfsberg, id say wages could be an issue again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

ziedth wrote: »
    I wasn't sold on Bentekke. Demba Ba is a much better player and he has hardly set the world alight at Chelsea. Remy would be handy if we sold Ade/Defoe but he isn't the answer IMO.

DO you think Dzeko could be an option? He was unreal at wolfsberg, id say wages could be an issue again.

He is on over 150k i would say so we can forget about it.

We will likely have Defoe / ade / bent :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

ziedth wrote: »

Unless we can convince them to part fund his wages on a loan type deal a la Ade deal a few years ago.

Unlikely though.

Best we can hope for is our scouts unearth the next Berba or similar.

whats the story with yer man Fred, he scored quite a few in the CONCAF recently, think I recall he went a bit off the wall a few years ago. Quit football or something and is back playing in Brazil. Might be wrong on that one, it was on wiki. Probably too much of a risk.

Unless we can convince them to part fund his wages on a loan type deal a la Ade deal a few years ago.

Unlikely though.

Best we can hope for is our scouts unearth the next Berba or similar.

whats the story with yer man Fred, he scored quite a few in the CONCAF recently, think I recall he went a bit off the wall a few years ago. Quit football or something and is back playing in Brazil. Might be wrong on that one, it was on wiki. Probably too much of a risk.

I think he's signed for a club in Russia or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Huntelaar
    Yilmaz
    Soriano
    (Altidore)
    Demba Ba
    Gomez
    Edin Dzeko
    Remy

I'm not impressed with that list tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

tippspur wrote: »
    I'm not impressed with that list tbh.

Huntelaar is the best on the list. 77 goals in 117 games for Schalke (many of them in the Chanpions League) speaks for itself. He's a top quality target man - ideal for a 4-3-3. I'd pay A LOT for him, even though he's pushing 30. He signed a new contract in 2012 but, given his age, a bid of £15-20m should get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Huntelaar has show in up in every transfer gossip thread since about 2008!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Huntelaar is the best on the list. 77 goals in 117 games for Schalke (many of them in the Chanpions League) speaks for itself. He's a top quality target man - ideal for a 4-3-3. I'd pay A LOT for him, even though he's pushing 30. He signed a new contract in 2012 but, given his age, a bid of £15-20m should get him.

Pushing 30? Time really does fly.

Advertisement