Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

A handful of reports saying a deal for Nacer Chadli has been agree...pinch of salt as nothing's official

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

A handful of reports saying a deal for Nacer Chadli has been agree...pinch of salt as nothing's official

I like him, gives us good cover for Bale on the left wing and he also can play up front. Anyone think AVB might try play Bale as striker (with free reigns to drift), a bit like Thierry Henry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I like him, gives us good cover for Bale on the left wing and he also can play up front. Anyone think AVB might try play Bale as striker (with free reigns to drift), a bit like Thierry Henry.

Yea I wouldn't be too surprised to see Bale up top. Could be lethal too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Quite a few reports too, though whether there's anything more to them than the usual UK rags;

http://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/dossier/les-joueurs-belges-a-l-etranger/detail_nacer-chadli-en-route-pour-tottenham?id=8052727

http://www.sudinfo.be/770767/article/sports/foot-etranger/2013-07-21/diables-rouges-nacer-chadli-quitte-twente-pour-tottenham-pour-7-millions-d-euros

As for Bale, I don't think he'd be best utilised as an out-and-out striker, however in behind, ala Sheringham I think he'd be excellent. Chadli on the left, Lennon on the right and Bale & a striker up front. Bale's best ability is getting shots on goal and as a pure striker he may not get so many chances like that.

Also, apparently FC Twente fans are already saying goodbye to Chadli on their forums too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Nacer Chadli will perform traditional physical and medical examinations at Tottenham on Sunday afternoon when expecting a 5-year contract, said his agent Karim Rafiki.

Once it has met the physical examinations and medical use, it is expected that Nacer Chadli, 23, accompanied Monday core Tottenham internship in Asia to compete in the Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong from Wednesday .

Nacer Chadli will perform traditional physical and medical examinations at Tottenham on Sunday afternoon when expecting a 5-year contract, said his agent Karim Rafiki.

Once it has met the physical examinations and medical use, it is expected that Nacer Chadli, 23, accompanied Monday core Tottenham internship in Asia to compete in the Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong from Wednesday .

Not believing any of it until I see something official but my fingers are crossed

Bale, Chadli and 'insert new striker here' in AVB's 4-3-3....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Jaysus, another Belgian! Tying with Chelsea for squad (in any country) with most current Belgian internationals. Shame we don't have at least one more.

Anyone know the reported fee?

THFC wrote: »
    Jaysus, another Belgian! Tying with Chelsea for squad (in any country) with most current Belgian internationals. Shame we don't have at least one more.

Anyone know the reported fee?

Reports say they asking 9m but that we could have him for 7m

• Advertisement

€7m apparently, not too bad

SuprSi wrote: »
    €7m apparently, not too bad

It's a good move, at least we have cover for Bale now

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

not seen anything of him tbh but he seems an ideal player for the 4-3-3 from what i have read. if he is anywhere near as good as the other 2 belgians we will be ok.

Done deal folks? An unofficial FC Twente Twitter account just tweeted:
    Thanks for everything @NChadli! Best of luck at Tottenham! #THFC #fctwente

https://twitter.com/FCTwenteOnline/status/358923743449460737

They seem convinced it's done

It's a good move, at least we have cover for Bale now

Bale will be right sided attacker, Chadli left sided. Competition/replacement for Lennon I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

is he any good ?

i never heard of him

mickman wrote: »
    is he any good ?

i never heard of him

Eh, not remember this, he scored against us

It's official
    We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with FC Twente for the transfer of Nacer Chadli. #THFC

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/358935215265169410

Next official tweet
    Subject to personal terms and medical, the Belgian international winger will join up with the squad for pre season training in Hong Kong

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

all we need now is a good striker and i'd be happy with the squad

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

nipps wrote: »
    all we need now is a good striker and i'd be happy with the squad

If you look at the problem positions last season it's been a successful window so far...

1. Depth in the centre midfield, Sandro and Dembele both injured. Paulinho
    2. Width, Bale in free role and Lennon inconsistent. Chadli in, Townsend back
    3. Goals........... Anyone, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

ur dead right and its good to see.

its going to be hard to get in a good striker because there arent that many realistic targets of the quality which we are looking for. there has been mention of huntelaar whos record speaks for itself but i dont think it will happen. there is no chance of dzeko. so i think our best bet is soldado really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

nipps wrote: »
    all we need now is 2 or 3 good strikers and i'd be happy with the squad

fixed that for you. :)

I'm sure there are quite a few strikers that are about to get noticed this coming season ... Would be great to have some scouts capable of spotting them rather than having to wait for someone to become an established striker only to be snatched up by the oilrich clubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Lloris

Walker -- verts --- Kabul --- ekotto

Paulinho sandro

Lennon. Dembele. Chadli

- Bale

Subs : Friedal/ siggy / ade / Defoe / Clint

Do we needs a striker of bale will be our front man ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

tippspur wrote: »
    I'm not impressed with that list tbh.

It's funny that they are all goalscorers and would bag goals for fun with the right supply and this "Chadlii" guy is going into peoples first team 11's and you'd struggle to find any normal football fan to know who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

It's funny that they are all goalscorers and would bag goals for fun with the right supply and this "Chadlii" guy is going into peoples first team 11's and you'd struggle to find any normal football fan to know who he is.
    I don't think that's his point. The worry with that list is that 5 of the 8 probably wouldn't come to us, Altidore is a lump of a player, Remy didn't look any better than Defoe or Adebayor when he was at QPR, and I presume Soriano is Jonathan Soriano at Salzburg? The best club he played at was Espanyol, and at 27 he's not exactly a prospect.

mickman wrote: »
    Do we needs a striker of bale will be our front man ?

Yes we do. Bale needs to be running at people and finding / using space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can't get excited at the prospect of Bale playing as an out and out striker myself. Sure he might be capable of 15-18 EPL goals there but I reckon he'd score a dozen anyway while playing high and wide on the left/right, in a free role or in behind the main striker and still create enough openings and assists for another top striker to get 20+ goals.

You want him running with the ball from deep on counter attacks, skinning players down the touch line or pulling players around the park with clever decoy runs etc, not standing on the halfway line with his back to goal and get lumps kicked out of him by a pair of CB's for 90 mins every week.

Advertisement