Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pipe dream lads.

Best we can hope for is a bid for Cisse, or Ba or maybe Torres if Chelsea buy Rooney. Don't get your hopes up on us buying anyone with a proven record.
    Even if we had the cash, we won't pay the wages and can't offer them CL football.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mickman wrote: »
    can anyone see levy spending 25 million on a 28 year old ??

Well he wouldnt spend 10M on a 30 year old, so probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Pipe dream lads.

Best we can hope for is a bid for Cisse, or Ba or maybe Torres if Chelsea buy Rooney. Don't get your hopes up on us buying anyone with a proven record.
    Even if we had the cash, we won't pay the wages and can't offer them CL football.

I'd say we have the cash to go as high as 25m, but it's unlikely that Levy would sanction it for a 28 year old, and rightly so.

Maybe 18m at a stretch but I dunno if Valencia would sell for that.

If Remy turns out not to be a rapist I wouldn't mind us signing him. Not a world beater but a good option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

- Sky Sports

I cant find this anywhere on sky sports

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I cant find this anywhere on sky sports

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/clockwatch

It's about ten or so stories down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Levy is in the US and Baldini is in charge of our negotiations so not ridiculous for Franco to be spotted. I can imagine a £20m plud add-ons being tabled. He may be 28yrs old but 20+ goals a season for three seasons says its worth it.

Anyone need convincing? Exhibit A: Robin Van Persie to Man United for £24m

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Sky are about as reliable as the Twittershpere. They throw out shíte for the sake of a story.

If it is true then I'm delighted, he's a class act and would give us 4-5 years of consistent goal getting. I'm quite sceptical though to be honest, he needs regular game time ahead of the world cup next year as he has a very real chance of starting. Leaving for Spurs may be too much of a risk for him. In good news though, Valencia are broke, they need money.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Ormus wrote: »
    I'd say we have the cash to go as high as 25m, but it's unlikely that Levy would sanction it for a 28 year old, and rightly so.

Maybe 18m at a stretch but I dunno if Valencia would sell for that.

If Remy turns out not to be a rapist I wouldn't mind us signing him. Not a world beater but a good option.

id prefer cisse or ba than remy

Levy is in the US and Baldini is in charge of our negotiations so not ridiculous for Franco to be spotted. I can imagine a £20m plud add-ons being tabled. He may be 28yrs old but 20+ goals a season for three seasons says its worth it.

Anyone need convincing? Exhibit A: Robin Van Persie to Man United for £24m

I see your Robin van Persie and I raise you Andriy Shevchenko. There is no hard and fast rule on these things. Soldado looks like a good finisher.

People who need convincing. Exhibit A: Daniel Levy

Soldado looks good but he isn't within £4m of being as good as RvP

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

i refuse to get excited about soldado as we know how these things usually end up.

sky have turned into a real joke, i think they now sensationalise things even more to get people placing bets on their gambling site. they used to be trustworthy but are now worse than the worst tabloids.

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »
    I see your Robin van Persie and I raise you Andriy Shevchenko. There is no hard and fast rule on these things. Soldado looks like a good finisher.

People who need convincing. Exhibit A: Daniel Levy

Soldado looks good but he isn't within £4m of being as good as RvP

Fair enough, granted Shevchenko was a bit older when he signed for Chelsea and was bought by the owner, not the manager.

Soldado scores buckets loads of goals, 115 in his last five seasons, similar ratio to RVP. I'd rather spend £20m on him than £25m on Benteke.

Fair enough, granted Shevchenko was a bit older when he signed for Chelsea and was bought by the owner, not the manager.

Soldado scores buckets loads of goals, 115 in his last five seasons, similar ratio to RVP. I'd rather spend £20m on him than £25m on Benteke.

Fair enough, I would've preferred Benteke but I would be excited if we got Soldado. I think he could do well for us and is probably the best striker left available.

I'd still be surprised if Levy went to 20m for a 28 year old though.

Ok this is the gossip thread so don't shoot!

RT @FranGuaita NOW Meeting Hotel Valencia. VCF-Tottenham. Baldini is moving Spurs offer

Rumours all over t'internet that there could be an announcement tonight:cool:

Update: @FranGuaita has tweeted there will be an announcement about Soldado at 8.50 Spanish time. #THFC #Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

ok, i'm getting a bit excited now. he would be the perfect 9er for us, he gets in exactly the right spaces that adebayor and jd just dont seem to see.

Apparently Adebayors brother has died, sad news if true.. RIP

8.50 will come and go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

8.50 will come and go

8:50 Spanish time, which has already come and gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Word on Twitter has it Spurs have offered 26M€ with add-ons. They (Baldini & Salvo) are meeting again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

According to soldado wikipedia page he has signed a 4 year deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

G'wan Franco.

• Advertisement

According to soldado wikipedia page he has signed a 4 year deal...

Don't see anything like that on his Wikipedia page

Amadeo Salvo, president of the Spanish club, said: "We have asked for £26m. What they've offered isn't too far off. Tomorrow we'll continue negotiations with [Tottenham]."

IMO the only reason this won go through is if Soldado wanted a move to another club but I can't see Liverpool competing with us, top 5 finish last 4 years, EL football and keeping our best players..

Soldado and Lopez should guarantee us a season full of goals! COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Please God make it happen!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be delighted with Soldado. I don't know a huge amount about him, but he's a proven goalscorer, and at least it shows that we are looking at the right areas. This could be a pretty damn great transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

So Fran the man on twitter reckons 26mill + 4m add ons. If the deal goes through that will be a serious amount of spending in a transfer window.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    So Fran the man on twitter reckons 26mill + 4m add ons. If the deal goes through that will be a serious amount of spending in a transfer window.

he'll recoup it all when he sells bale

im not saying we're not trying to sign him and it'd be great to add soldado to paulinho and chadli.it'd be even better if we signed soldado and lopez but i really can't see levy spending all this cash and then not trying to recoup it all and the quickest way of that happening will be selling bale.be it this season or next.

AVB has confirmed Soldado is one of the players we are after. Graham Hunter has said Soldado was interested in joining Spurs last season when he interviewed him. Valencia chairman says we are close to a deal.

The new director of football setup bearing fruit it would seem:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I doubt that Liverpool are in for him. I think it's a wind up to annoy them.
    They have to fix their defence first and foremost.
    Soldado on the other hand sounds great but who knows what he'll be really like just have to trust AVB and Baldini on that one.

Also I'd prefer if Ade stayed and we sold Defoe I think Ade offers so much off the ball and hopefully this season he can find his form again in front of goal.

Advertisement