Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Story with Bale gaining traction. Just reported it on fm104. Transfer request made, we are holding out for 100 million etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

So Mickman are we saying "goodbye" to Bale then.

I dont know, i hope not but you never know.

If we get offered anywhere over 60 million then we should take it though

would be levy style too to buy the new players first because if we announced bales sale for huge money then any club would ramp up the prices when dealing with u

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

bs newspaper.worse than the sun & daily mail combined. so is fooking fm 104 is just like tabloid radio ****etalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Story with Bale gaining traction. Just reported it on fm104. Transfer request made, we are holding out for 100 million etc.

Well if its on FM104 then it must be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

mickman wrote: »
    I dont know, i hope not but you never know.

If we get offered anywhere over 60 million then we should take it though

Ye lets sell our best player. Maybe then we can wait another fifty years to win the league. A serious sign of lack of ambition imo. If we do sell Bale this will also be proof to AVB he is wasting his time with us. As of now this is just another rumour. I want Bale to stay.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Ye lets sell our best player. Maybe then we can wait another fifty years to win the league. A serious sign of lack of ambition imo. If we do sell Bale this will also be proof to AVB he is wasting his time with us. As of now this is just another rumour. I want Bale to stay.

i want him to stay also but that kind of money is too good to pass up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Is Bale not in Hong Kong?? Timing doesn't make much sense.

i want him to stay also but that kind of money is too good to pass up

Would you prefer 60million for Bale or Spurs challenging for the league title next season? I beiieve if we sign a top striker and hold onto our best players we can challenge next season. The joy of just watching Bale play for us every week is magic. When will we see another like him play with us? You mick are looking at the balance sheet and not the football.

Would you prefer 60million for Bale or Spurs challenging for the league title next season? I beiieve if we sign a top striker and hold onto our best players we can challenge next season. The joy of just watching Bale play for us every week is magic. When will we see another like play him with us? You mick are looking at the balance sheet and not the football.

so is our chairman

• Advertisement

Valencia supposedly saying its 30 million or nothing and we don't need to sell. Jeeez, we're turning into arsenal.

so is our chairman

That is very true but I am vetoing the sale of Bale. Now I'm putting my fingers in my ears and humming loudly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 7m
    Valencia board will ask to the president to reconsider the Tottenham's bid for Soldado

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Valencia supposedly saying its 30 million or nothing and we don't need to sell. Jeeez, we're turning into arsenal.

Valencias debts must have cleared a bit then.

I doubt this news is just a case of Baldini disappearing and Spurs not going back to Valencia with either a different offer or Valencia bending slightly. They might not need to sell, but if Spurs can get to within 1 - 2m you'd think they'd go for it, with addons of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Twitter has exploded, the original source appears to be Marca. I'd be very surprised if it was true. If it is, why has he waited all summer to hand in a request? And why do so out in Hong Kong? AVB is in a press conference now, says he's counting Bale in for the future.

Valencia board has also asked president to reconsider offer.
    EDIT: Beaten to it...

Also:

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 1m

Gareth Bale's future is far from certain but I'm told there is no agreement with Real, yet, and that he has not asked to leave #Spurs

Ben Smith is one of the more reliable ones.

One thing's for sure, I'm not getting much work done while all this is going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Arse. in meetings all morning. Logged in, started 4 pages back - reading all the positive Solando stuff, got my hopes up and now we're losing Bale. Will i ever learn.

I even contemplated posting a reply in praise of DL when I though he had spent 28M on a 28 y.o. striker *phew*, that was a close call.

SuprSi wrote: »
    I doubt this news is just a case of Baldini disappearing and Spurs not going back to Valencia with either a different offer or Valencia bending slightly. They might not need to sell, but if Spurs can get to within 1 - 2m you'd think they'd go for it, with addons of course.

or just pay the extra 1 or two million and be done with it. The sooner we have our full team training together the better.

Bales going nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Bales going nowhere.

Yeah, why would Bale suddenly hand in a transfer request in Hong Kong. The whole thing smells of BS to me. He sat out training the other night because he was injured.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

or just pay the extra 1 or two million and be done with it. The sooner we have our full team training together the better.

Ah yeah, sure its just pocket change really :pac:

Pulled this of a spurs supporters page on FB, take it with a pinch of salt

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Club Ireland

LATEST ON THE SOLDADO DEAL - According to a variety of reliable sources on twitter, Baldini met up with the Valencia representatives again today. They discussed a deal for Soldado and agreed a fee. However Baldini realised that Valencia had already got a player ready for Soldado's replacement and he lowered his transfer offer at the last minute. Currently nobody knows if this new offer has been accepted or not but Baldini is currently making his way back to England.

More info as it comes in

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Nothing to be worried about in my view. I wouldn't trust a word printed in that rag after all it's only a propaganda machine for Real. Personally, I think Bale will stay this season with him leaving for Real next summer. Maybe DL is thinking we can spend more this summer and then recoup it next summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Reading that the Valencia board are also asking the President to reconsider Baldini's offer, they're still quite a huge amount in debt with the new stadium that is still a building site

Maybe AVB is miffed with the lack of signings and settled team ahead of the new season and the pre-season tour.
    Maybe AVB has been approached by Barca
    Maybe Bale has heard about both of the above and see's the lack of ambition and has decided to leave.

Maybe.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Barca appointed a new manager though ;) avb was NEVER in the running, just more BS from the rags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Getting a bit worried now.
    Look at the maths - Paulinho 17m, Chadli 7m, Soldado 26?m
    Knowing Levy he will want to balance the books.
    Someone will have to be sold.

Read my post a few pages ago and you'll see how easily we'll balance the books without selling Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Unfortunately we live in the age of Twitter and blogging. Meaning anyone with a smartphone or a PC has an opinion.

The hysteria around this Bale thing is ridiculous. It's like Chinese whispers.

The fact of the matter is Paulinho signed for us and was promised Bale would not leave this year. Fact.

Also, on the Soldado thing....every new rumour is just a variation of the previous one. I'm quite confident Soldado will be a Spurs player. Just because Valencia (apparently) turned down a bid today does not mean they will not accept one tomorrow.

Can we all stop worrying.....please?

• Advertisement

Pulled this of a spurs supporters page on FB, take it with a pinch of salt

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Club Ireland

LATEST ON THE SOLDADO DEAL - According to a variety of reliable sources on twitter, Baldini met up with the Valencia representatives again today. They discussed a deal for Soldado and agreed a fee. However Baldini realised that Valencia had already got a player ready for Soldado's replacement and he lowered his transfer offer at the last minute. Currently nobody knows if this new offer has been accepted or not but Baldini is currently making his way back to England.

More info as it comes in

That's a shameful way to do business if true. I do hope we're better than that.

Advertisement