Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

SuprSi wrote: »
    Did Soldado train/play with the team this weekend?

No, was in the stand watching the friendly with AC Milan tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Didn't play, did train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

He turned up for training anyway. Here's him this morning with the new Valencia manager meeting for the first time.

1374943703_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hmm, according to the ITK's if he trained it was game over. I'd be absolutely blown away if this deal happens at this stage.

What I mean is that it's so public now, I just think someone else will get in ahead of us

• Advertisement

Guardian reckons €100m, £86m has been offered for Bale.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/27/gareth-bale-real-madrid-tottenham-hotspur

Get ready for sensational headlines, it's Sunday, needs to be bigger than the weeks story

Haha, with these sort of numbers being bandied about I just see the Real Madrid boardroom being run by this guy;

BDD_DR_evil_12.16.08.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Since when?

I don't see him selling shirts.
    NBC, one of the "big 3" networks, are using him as the poster boy for their adds. Do a quick google on it yourself and stop just giving ignorant opinions.

article-2359033-1ABC8FC1000005DC-12_634x521.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Ok so rumours are that we got a £50m interest free 10yr loan off Joe Lewis. Also word is that the Soldado deal will be £15m up front. Was the Paulinho deal £18m upfront? If it was say £12 up front we could have £16m left to spend after the Chadli deal.. That could sign Damiao on a £16+6m deal?

*clutches at straws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 4m
    BREAKING: Soldado has been sold to Tottenham for 30m euros, breaking the club's transfer record.

Please please please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

THFC wrote: »
    Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 4m
    BREAKING: Soldado has been sold to Tottenham for 30m euros, breaking the club's transfer record.

how credible is Rafael Hernández?

please let it be true:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

davycc wrote: »
    how credible is Rafael Hernández?

please let it be true:cool:

The Bale to Madrid story just won't go away. Would be great to have Soldado in with Bale staying. Just hope the Soldado story is true and Bale to Madrid false.

im 100% sure the bale fella will still be at whl this season no doubt at all.

but just imagine the soldado lad would lap up the hundreds of clear chances defoe & ade miss..

33/1 to win the prem but what odds to win the quadruple assuming we get soldado too?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We should probably focus on getting a CL spot before aiming for the quadruple :)

Kiith wrote: »
    We should probably focus on getting a CL spot before aiming for the quadruple :)

Prem ,FA cup,lg cup & the Europa lg;)

but id settle for the prem like im not greedy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Kiith wrote: »

Money in the bag surely. ...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Zidane all over the place in the media, being quoted this morning saying things like "we won't give up on signing Bale" & "they're doing the right thing trying to get him to sign a new contract"

This isn't right surely. Given that Platini runs UEFA I very much doubt anything will be done about this subversive tapping up by Real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Antonio Sese, a director at Valencia Tweeted in the early hours of Sunday morning that “They tell me that shortly Roberto Soldado will be officially transferred. They’re paying the (buy out) clause. Great management decision.”

A few bangers in here, good fast footwork...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Guys / should we not just sell bale?

Get contreao, de Marie and 50 million

I know everyone will jump down my throat for saying this but we are bigger than just one man

With soldado leading the line, I really am not sure that bale will have as good a season this year as last years

Last year he was top dog and ran the whole show. If soldado signs we will have a world class striker who will demand good service , thus negating the need for bale to shoot from distance

His goals were nothing short of majestic , don't get me wrong but we need a strong squad more than anything , not just a strong player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Looks like Adebayor deal Is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

mickman wrote: »

I know everyone will jump down my throat for saying this but we are bigger than just one man

With soldado leading the line, I really am not sure that bale will have as good a season this year as last years

Last year he was top dog and ran the whole show. If soldado signs we will have a world class striker who will demand good service , thus negating the need for bale to shoot from distance

His goals were nothing short of majestic , don't get me wrong but we need a strong squad more than anything , not just a strong player

I agree, looks like he is going so instead of dragging the arse out of it get the best deal possible before the season starts. We would have 50m in the bank with a great squad(albeit minus Bale)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

mickman wrote: »

Tough call but its inevitable that he go's at some stage and if this deal went tru then it would mean that we swapped him for.
    Di Maria
    Contreau
    Paulhino
    Chadli
    and Soldado
    all for a net spend of £0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Has any body heard Bale say he wants out? Until he does I think it shows how unambitious we lot are by wanting to take the cash.

If Soldado does join thats great. Anyone who really believes that we will be a better team without Bale is just wrong imo. If Bale does want out then let him go.

Madrid seem to have done a good job convincing us Spurs fans that Bale should join them cos its not fair that he should have to stay with us. I know its a lot of money (80m if we can believe the papers) but its not like he will be worth nothing next year or the year after.

Lets just roll over, then next year lets sell Lloris, Vertongen, Sandro and anybody else who is too good for us.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Definitely keep him, unless he requests a move. Worst thing that happens, we still don't get CL and we of get half the amount for him next year.

100 mill is all well and good, but the question would be could we actually get any of the players we are linked with, after selling our best player? It doesn't exactly set a good precedent if we sell the best player we have.

I don't like RM's dirty tricks, feel like telling them to fcuk off just for spite. Levy got an extra year out of Modric, maybe he'll do the same here.

On the other hand, I said all along we should sell if they offered ridiculous money. The figure I had in my head was ~70m+, I never expected to break the record transfer fee. If it's true, 50m + Di Maria and Contreau is more like 90m. Very hard to turn that down when 7-10m would buy the likes of Nani. Players get sold to bigger clubs all the time, it's the way football works, it's a money business. If the player wants to go, let him off and collect the big fat cheque.

As already said, it's a tough call. Outside of Soldado and Chadli we could get 2 - 3 world class players for the Bale money, so the question is whether the contributions of the new players over the course of the season would be more than Bale on his own. At the end of the day, Bale is one player and although we were a one man team for a lot of last season, not having a better squad arguably cost us 4th place.

In an ideal world we'd get Soldado and another quality player (along with the two already purchased) and hold on to Bale and make a real charge on the PL this coming season. From a fans point of view I'm sure this would be preferable as it would be the best Spurs squad most of us have seen, with the most potential. However if Bale wants to leave, let him off but do it soon so that the money can be reinvested straight away.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Looks like Adebayor deal Is done.

Where are you seeing this? If true, Soldado must be happening.

• Advertisement

Word on Twitter is Soldado is done and will be announced by Valencia tomorrow when the 15m up front transfers. Not seen any mentions of Ade

Advertisement