Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

After a week of uncertainty it seems as though Tottenham Hotspur have finally met Valencia's asking price for striker Roberto Soldado.

According to a report in Spain from Cadena SER Tottenham Hotspur and Valencia have finally agreed on a fee for striker Roberto Soldado. The report states in part:

Y es que este sábado el director técnico del Tottenham, Franco Baldini, ha comunicado al club español que acepta esa cantidad como precio para hacerse con los servicios del delantero internacional del Valencia, una cifra en la que siempre ha insistido el presidente del club Amadeo Salvo.
    If you plug that into the Google machine it tells you that Tottenham Technical Director Franco Baldini has told Valencia that Spurs will pay Soldado's €30 million release clause. The Spanish report claims that the only thing standing between Soldado and Tottenham now are a medical and personal terms with the North London club.

Cadena SER have been on top of these negotiations throughout and I would take it as a good sign that they're reporting that Tottenham have meet the release clause. Meeting the release clause was probably the only way that Valencia would agree to move their most prized asset and now it seems as though this transfer is nearing completion.

Update: The British media are reporting that the €30 million will be paid in a series of installments as opposed to just one lump sum. If true, then that could account for what the two sides have been haggling over for the last week.

From Cartilagefreecaptain.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

dont forget we sold modric for much less than we got offered the previous season and we still didnt get champs league so this "one more season" arguement doesnt really hold water

Bale hasnt said he wants to leave but he has gone eerily quiet - his head has to be turned, lets face it . Anyones head would be turned by real madrid

I dont think holding on to an unhappy bale will do anything for us this season (thats if he is unhappy of course)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

mickman, you must have the same sources as marca :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

I don't like RM's dirty tricks, feel like telling them to fcuk off just for spite. Levy got an extra year out of Modric, maybe he'll do the same here.

On the other hand, I said all along we should sell if they offered ridiculous money. The figure I had in my head was ~70m+, I never expected to break the record transfer fee. If it's true, 50m + Di Maria and Contreau is more like 90m. Very hard to turn that down when 7-10m would buy the likes of Nani. Players get sold to bigger clubs all the time, it's the way football works, it's a money business. If the player wants to go, let him off and collect the big fat cheque.

Ha, wasn't Benteke at Spurs training ground weeks ago????

THFC wrote: »
    NBC, one of the "big 3" networks, are using him as the poster boy for their adds. Do a quick google on it yourself and stop just giving ignorant opinions.

article-2359033-1ABC8FC1000005DC-12_634x521.jpg

Yeah yeah you keep mentioning America, what about the Far East? Can you see them going out buying Bale shirts? Can you see him being swomped by the media every times he steps outside? I can't.

Ronaldo won Utd leagues/champions league and won a Ballon D'or. He was definitely in the top 2 players in the world when he moved.

Bale isn't.

There's a number of players who could be classed as better than him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Could you get on the blower and tell RM that please, would rather have what ever place bale is at in your rankings stay at spurs anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Yeah yeah you keep mentioning America, what about the Far East? Can you see them going out buying Bale shirts? Can you see him being swomped by the media every times he steps outside? I can't.

Ronaldo won Utd leagues/champions league and won a Ballon D'or. He was definitely in the top 2 players in the world when he moved.

Bale isn't.

That's all a matter of opinion. Real Madrid seem to think he is otherwise they wouldn't be putting this much effort into signing him. Away you go now to wind up some other thread

That's all a matter of opinion. Real Madrid seem to think he is otherwise they wouldn't be putting this much effort into signing him. Away you go now to wind up some other thread

Yeah.

Don't like an opinion and you think it's a wind up! Typical.

Wouldn't it be funny is ye turned down 80m and Bale had a poor season. Now that would piss off Levy.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Bale isn't.

Apart from Ronaldo and Messi who's better than him in the world at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Yeah.

Don't like an opinion and you think it's a wind up! Typical.

Wouldn't it be funny is ye turned down 80m and Bale had a poor season. Now that would piss off Levy.

I don't care for you opinion, this is the summer transfer thread and you're dragging it off topic with your Bale is not better than X,Y or Z wind up bullsh1t.

• Advertisement

I don't care for you opinion, this is the summer transfer thread and you're dragging it off topic with your Bale is not better than X,Y or Z wind up bullsh1t.

Eh I was using it to make a point! FFS.

Apart from Ronaldo and Messi who's better than him in the world at the moment?

Falcoa
    Cavani
    Ibrahimovic

Just 3 off the top of my head.

Looking forward to the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Tough call but its inevitable that he go's at some stage and if this deal went tru then it would mean that we swapped him for.
    Di Maria
    Contreau
    Paulhino
    Chadli
    and Soldado
    all for a net spend of £0

The way I look at it is we fell short of CL and quite a fair distance short of challenging with Bale as a one man team I know ideally we'll blow £100m and Keep Bale but it's one or the other IMO.

Falcoa
    Cavani
    Ibrahimovic

Just 3 off the top of my head.

Looking forward to the response.

All 3 are strikers.
    Bales a winger who can also play behind the front man just like Ronaldo and Messi.
    Now name me 1 players whos been better in his position?
    PS.
    Ibrahimovic?
    please.........

All 3 are strikers.
    Bales a winger who can also play behind the front man just like Ronaldo and Messi.
    Now name me 1 players whos been better in his position?
    PS.
    Ibrahimovic?
    please.........

Where did I say a better player in the position of Bale????

And neither Messi or Ronaldo play "behind" the front man.

There is actually a thread about gareth bale here too, post in that all you want but this thread is about transfer gossip and not about debating your opinions on the player.

I have no interest whatsoever in having any such debate, but you are distracting from the thread topic so if you must continue could you at least do it in the appropriate thread?

There is actually a thread about gareth bale here too, post in that all you want but this thread is about transfer gossip and not about debating your opinions on the player.

I have no interest whatsoever in having any such debate, but you are distracting from the thread topic so if you must continue could you at least do it in the appropriate thread?

Sorry!

I didn't begin debating it though, I gave a reason why Madrid would be stupid to break the world record for Bale.

Where did Messi play when Barca had Ibra and villa?
    Where does Ronaldo play?
    they both pop up on the wings and have a license to roam,just like Bale

Sorry,just saw that pleasant co.
    No more Bale talk from me

Where did Messi play when Barca had Ibra and villa?
    Where does Ronaldo play?
    they both pop up on the wings and have a license to roam,just like Bale

I'm refusing to talk about it any more as this isn't the place but

-You're going back to when Barca had Messi and Villa?????

And Ronaldo plays on the left and can do what he wants.

I'm refusing to talk about it any more as this isn't the place but

-You're going back to when Barca had Messi and Villa?????

And Ronaldo plays on the left and can do what he wants.

Jeez...........jesus-facepalm.jpg

• Advertisement

Do people still use them?

Only on trolls

Only on trolls

Never asked anyone to respond to me. I gave an opinion that ye didn't like and ye had yer knickers in a twist.

Anyway moving on.........
    If Bale is to be sold then heres hoping its done quickly so replacements can be brought in before the deadline.Of course the downside to this will be that clubs will know how much we have in our transfer kitty and will inflate their asking price,Just like Newcastle did with Carroll going to Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

In fairness to Valencia, Soldado is their star man so you can't begrudge them for holding out for the buy out clause even if it is in installments. He is the face of most of their promotional stuff so the board have to be seen to say they couldn't stop him from leaving, even if they are desperate for the cash.

Chadli, Soldado, Bale as a front three, awesome!

Anyway moving on.........
    If Bale is to be sold then heres hoping its done quickly so replacements can be brought in before the deadline.Of course the downside to this will be that clubs will know how much we have in our transfer kitty and will inflate their asking price,Just like Newcastle did with Carroll going to Liverpool.

It would be wise to get the replacements in first, then sell Bale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

It would be wise to get the replacements in first, then sell Bale.

Which is what we look to be doing

mickman wrote: »
    Which is what we look to be doing

I think Soldado would be needed anyways.

And I amn't sure about Lennons final ball. Is that where Chadli plays?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yeah yeah you keep mentioning America, what about the Far East? Can you see them going out buying Bale shirts?

Yup. For the first time, I'm seeing a lot of Spurs jerseys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I'm reading loads of reports that 'Bale has had his head turned' and 'Bale is unhappy Tottenham have rebuffed Madrid's offer'....

Have I missed something, is there a quote from Bale or his agent? Or are RM still tapping up through a proxy newspaper?

One thing that has me thinking Levy might sell is that this summer is likely to be the point at which Bale is most valuable. Bale won't be at the World Cup next summer where there will be a lot more players in the shop window.

Personally I'd keep him, with the squad we have now and a proper centre forward on the way we could rip the league apart this season! COYS

Advertisement