Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kold wrote: »
    Where the hell is the pun?

Not quite a pun I guess. You'se are a touchy bunch today.:rolleyes:

also, I thought he was Chinese but he's Korean, so I guess I better go back and edit my rather racist joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Guys, here's my take on what's going on.

First let the papers do the sounding out. Second let Zidane - not part of the managment team - stoke the fire nicely to see what reaction he gets. Third, and this is the important bit, should the player react , then what's the bets they bid nowhere near what the papers are suggesting. I'm thinking in and around 50.

Now if Bale is getting good advice then he'll not to fall into this trap. Nobody at the club is reacting to this because they know whoever blinks first is done. Both the club and Bale know that he's going nowhere at that money. Sit tight is the key.

I agree with you, their tactics are all about trying to force a comment out of the player or his agent. Mates keep saying to me he's going to leave, I ask why they think that and they say it's all over the papers, not one quote in any artical but people believe what they read in headlines. It's a media frenzy designed to sell newspapers and advertising space on most hit websites.

In reality, why would Real Madrid buy Bale for more than £80m? Ronaldo had won three league titles and a CL title. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy £80m+ is bananas!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

SuprSi wrote: »
    I agree, anything near £100 million or £60 million plus a couple of players (Di Maria & Coentrao keep being mentioned) makes complete sense. Reinvest the £60m in 2 world class players and instead of Bale, we have 4 new players plus Soldado, Paulinho & Chadli. That changes us from being a good team with an amazing individual to an excellent team with plenty of options and strength in depth.

Lloris
    Walker - Kaboul - Verts - Coentrao
    Paulinho - Dembele -Sandro
    Lamela
    Di Maria
    Soldado

Probably pipe dream stuff, but can you imagine that squad? That midfield would rival the best (if not beat it on paper at least) in the league. If something like that were possible, much and all as I'd hate to see Bale go, I wouldn't be hugely upset.

One British player in that team. You need a strong british core imo.

Also the fact Bale hasn't come out and said he wants to leave means jack ****. If I was Bale, I'd expect Spurs to accept one of Reals bids and then he gets what he wants (hypothetically). When it's clear Levy won't sell at any cost Bale will ask for a move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Also the fact Bale hasn't come out and said he wants to leave means jack ****. If I was Bale, I'd expect Spurs to accept one of Reals bids and then he gets what he wants (hypothetically). When it's clear Levy won't sell at any cost Bale will ask for a move.

How do you know that is what he wants then?

• Advertisement

KingdomYid wrote: »
    How do you know that is what he wants then?

Eh you even highlighted the word yourself. Hypothetically if he wants to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Maybe DL and the gang at the Lane have decided that Bale is going nowhere this year. Maybe we have another 50m to spend after Soldado(if he really is coming) and they have decided this is the year we go for the Premier league and not just 4th place. Now I know there is two maybes there but thats what I want. Not too much to ask, is it?

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Maybe DL and the gang at the Lane have decided that Bale is going nowhere this year. Maybe we have another 50m to spend after Soldado(if he really is coming) and they have decided this is the year we go for the Premier league and not just 4th place. Now I know there is two maybes there but thats what I want. Not too much to ask, is it?

I think Champions League would be his first target?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

One British player in that team. You need a strong british core imo.
    Eh you even highlighted the word yourself. Hypothetically if he wants to leave.

Do you have nothing better to do with your time? All your comments on this thread have been negative and borderline inflammatory. One might even go as far as to call you a wum. Give it a rest.

Originally Posted by THFC
    Do you have nothing better to do with your time? All your comments on this thread have been negative and borderline inflammatory. One might even go as far as to call you a wum. Give it a rest.
    I think Soldado would be needed anyways.

And I amn't sure about Lennons final ball. Is that where Chadli plays?
    I think he's signed for a club in Russia or something?
    6 in 14. Not bad for a relegated team.

Not sure of his situation regarding the rape arrest.
    Looked a class act in front of goal at a dog team.
    Huntelaar
    Yilmaz
    Soriano
    (Altidore)
    Demba Ba
    Gomez
    Edin Dzeko
    Remy

Would all be decent signings.
    Benteke, another one bites the dust then!
    Haha, well there's gonna be a big signing I think. Could well be Modric too. ;)

Could be Bale?

Could be Fellaini/Fabregas too.
    Reports Fiorentina and Spurs both offered 3/4 million euros more than Athleti for Villa but he wanted to go to Madrid.
    Hmm...he cost Villa 7m, unproven in a poor league.

He then goes on to score 19 goals and bully defences for a team that battled against relegation.

His value definitely more than doubled. 16m would be the least.
    I think Villa has lost it imo. No loss to the PL.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• Advertisement

Lads, I think I'm losing my fcuking mind....

Now the BBC are running the headline on their website "Gareth Bale: Spurs forward 'wants to speak to Real Madrid' - Tottenham's Gareth Bale has indicated that he wants to speak to Real Madrid, but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is adamant the Welshman will not be sold. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23490932

Again, not one quote? This is a media attack on Tottenham *makes tinfoil hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Lads, I think I'm losing my fcuking mind....

Now the BBC are running the headline on their website "Gareth Bale: Spurs forward 'wants to speak to Real Madrid' - Tottenham's Gareth Bale has indicated that he wants to speak to Real Madrid, but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is adamant the Welshman will not be sold. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23490932

Again, not one quote? This is a media attack on Tottenham *makes tinfoil hat

Yep, no sources or quotes and sources close to Spurs say there hasn't been an official offer from RM. It's ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If he wants to go make him hand in a transfer request. That way we won't lose out on a few million £.

Its just one big circus and it wont end until Bale signs a new contract or comes out and say he is staying. Either that or he comes out and says he wants out. I'm sure the papers can run this story all the way to September if he does neither. If you want to take your mind off it, well it Western month on TCM. Its helping me through the closed season an all the bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I stopped reading anything about the Bale saga over a week ago,all the lies and rehashing of stories would fry your brain.

At least the BBC are going with an actual quote from someone now, not just what the other rags are printing (even though they still quote the earlier BS article)

Gareth Bale too young for Real Madrid move - David Pleat
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23497667

Poster on Spurs Community reckons Bales new deal to be announced and he's to be made club captain..

Meanwhile, Marca are now claiming Spurs want €145m, headline reads "it's insane!" Bunch of jokers!:D

2ijhocl.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

sexo es vida!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Poster on Spurs Community reckons Bales new deal to be announced and he's to be made club captain..

Meanwhile, Marca are now claiming Spurs want €145m, headline reads "it's insane!" Bunch of jokers!:D

2ijhocl.jpg

Thinking about it, if RM have been told that new contracts are being signed they are going to have to save face and hhaving that paper run the story of €150m they be forgiven for not paying that kind of money. I doubt even Messi. Is worth that

This is comical, the press are the ones upping the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

€150 million for Bale? go on so, you've twisted my money! Outrageous money and an outrageous article

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Thanks for telling me who wrote it so I don't have to open it :)

He's hateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I think Bale will go to Arsenal for about £15m.

may as well, cos its as absurd as all the other sh1te talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

One thing thats great to see if AVB not constantly talking to the press.When modric was leaving, harry would not shut up!

I liked harry but its now clear that levy pulled a masterstroke by getting AVB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

It's an absolute disgrace RMs pursuit of Bale. I have no problem with them going through the proper channels i.e. dealing with the club. But having their players , ex-players and everyone connected with RM talking about it is a disgrace. Thats tapping up....any other club would be done for it.

They never anticipated one Danny Levy...........In Levy we trust.

They never anticipated one Danny Levy...........In Levy we trust.

Yeah, it's times like this makes you glad we have Levy. I have full faith in him getting the best out of this for us, whether he leaves or not we'll come out on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

mickman wrote: »
    One thing thats great to see if AVB not constantly talking to the press.When modric was leaving, harry would not shut up!

I liked harry but its now clear that levy pulled a masterstroke by getting AVB

I was actually going to make that point today, 'Arry couldn't resist talking to his mates in the media any chance he got. I can only imagine what he'd be like now. AVB is a true pro in fairness to him.

• Advertisement

Why has everything gone quite on Soldado? Seems it was done on Saturday but no confirmation either way since.

Advertisement