Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

It is agreed, €15m now and €15m in installments over 2 years. Maybe with all our deals we're having trouble with the €15m up front or maybe we're just busy at other things and consider this done. Word on Twitter is that Soldado has to train today with the Valencia team because the deal isn't signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Also apparently it has to be agreed by the 3rd of August as this is when Valencia leave for the US on their pre-season tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

It is agreed, €15m now and €15m in installments over 2 years. Maybe with all our deals we're having trouble with the €15m up front or maybe we're just busy at other things and consider this done. Word on Twitter is that Soldado has to train today with the Valencia team because the deal isn't signed.

where does it say that the deal is done? is the source reliable?

nipps wrote: »
    where does it say that the deal is done? is the source reliable?

Until there is confirmation you have to go by what's on Twitter where lots are tending to believe what @spurspanyol says. He says it's done since sat, just waiting for the Spurs to transfer the cash.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Until there is confirmation you have to go by what's on Twitter where lots are tending to believe what @spurspanyol says. He says it's done since sat, just waiting for the Spurs to transfer the cash.

ouh, big mistake that... :D

• Advertisement

ouh, big mistake that... :D

It's more reliable than the tabloids :D At least there's direct quotes of what people close to the club have said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'm firmly grasping wood while typing this post....... but....... Paddy Power are offering 11/10 on Gareth Bale to be at Spurs when the transfer window closes.

From reading the last ten pages of posts and avoiding all the Marca tabloid crap, here's what we think we know....

1. Bale is close to signing a new contract, which will keep him at the club for one more year.
    2. Bale really likes AVB.
    3. AVB says he was given guarantees that Bale won't be sold this Summer.
    4. Paulinho was told that Bale will not be leaving this Summer.
    5. Even though bids of £85m-£115m have been reported, it's more likely closer to £50m.
    6. £50m is not enough for Spurs to sell this Summer.
    7. Bale recently had a child and named it after AVB.
    8. Bale does not want to move countries so soon after the birth of his child.
    9. Champions League qualification is the most important thing to Spurs this season.
    10. Champions League football would be harder to attain without Bale, even if we accepted £120m for him.

Please feel free to add any points I missed.

Though, after reading my points, is 11/10 not ridiculous odds on Bale being at Spurs in September?? Where's my cash carrying wheel-barrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I'm firmly grasping wood will typing this post....... but....... Paddy Power are offering 11/10 on Gareth Bale to be at Spurs when the transfer window closes.

From reading the last ten pages of posts and avoiding all the Marca tabloid crap, here's what we think we know....

1. Bale is close to signing a new contract, which will keep him at the club for one more year.
    2. Bale really likes AVB.
    3. AVB says he was given guarantees that Bale won't be sold this Summer.
    4. Paulinho was told that Bale will not be leaving this Summer.
    5. Even though bids of £85m-£115m have been reported, it's more likely closer to £50m.
    6. £50m is not enough for Spurs to sell this Summer.
    7. Bale recently had a child and named it after AVB.
    8. Bale does not want to move countries so soon after the birth of his child.
    9. Champions League qualification is the most important thing to Spurs this season.
    10. Champions League football would be harder to attain without Bale, even if we accepted £120m for him.

Please feel free to add any points I missed.

Though, after reading my points, is 11/10 not ridiculous odds on Bale being at Spurs in September?? Where's my cash carrying wheel-barrow?

childs name is Alba Violet Bale - that is odd

mickman wrote: »
    childs name is Alba Violet Bale - that is odd

Point number 7... ;)

Bet365 are 6/4...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

i wish i was on a desert island.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I'm firmly grasping wood will typing this post.......

Whatever floats your boat dude:eek::D

zidane says "‘He is already one of the finest players in Europe and he has everything needed to become the best player in the world. It is a bit of a cliche – but it is true you become a better player playing with better players.’"

So bale will be better than messi ?? Pay up so!

At the time of posting the SSN site said nothing except "more details to follow", now on a refresh it has an article saying "sky Sports understands" "The bid has been on the table for over a week and Bale is aware of it and is becoming more frustrated with the situation"

More BS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Anyone else getting a little bit apprehensive about Bale not playing any of the pre-season games for waht sounds like a miniscule injury? And not coming out and making a simple statement that he is contracted to Spurs for three years and unless and until the club sells him he will remain a Spurs player?

Maybe this is a great Machiavellian plot to keep Spurs in the headlines and then a huge boost when he starts the new season but I can't help getting a sinking feeling as each day passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Modric + Kaka + £50 and they can have him.

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Anyone else getting a little bit apprehensive about Bale not playing any of the pre-season games for waht sounds like a miniscule injury? And not coming out and making a simple statement that he is contracted to Spurs for three years and unless and until the club sells him he will remain a Spurs player?

Maybe this is a great Machiavellian plot to keep Spurs in the headlines and then a huge boost when he starts the new season but I can't help getting a sinking feeling as each day passes.

He was injured and it's wise for a player not to get drawn into the speculation or you end up like Odemwingie. The next time you'll see Bale he'll either be signing for us or them

We could just send Kenny McEvoy and hope they don't notice

45584_483990785027877_1054334690_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

tumblr_lm4msu76CI1qc63oho1_500.jpg

Worth more surely !

• Advertisement

Modric who? We got Paulinho

The Steaua Bucharest manager, Laurenţiu Reghecampf has had this to say about our interest in Vlad Chiriches:
    "It's true, there's an offer from Tottenham for Chiriches"

He's a CB, cover while Verts and Kaboul recover and with us losing Gallas and possibly Caulker to Cardiff City

They can keep kaka

Contreau and 85 million and job done

If he had no intention of going then he would have said ' we are discussing new contract and I'm sure it will be ok '

I'm sure soldado and paulinho expect him to stay though so don't think they will be happy if he is sold

This can't go on until end of August

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

as much as i love bale, this offer is too good not to accept. we should wrap up the soldado deal and then use bales fee to bring in players like bernard, eriksen, lamela and lopez.

if we were to get 3 of those 4 with some of the 85m, i think the squad as a whole would be stronger than the current squad.

we would have serious quality and versitility. each position would be covered so if there was a serious injury it wouldnt be as bad. in midfield we would have sandro, paulinho, dembele, eriksen, holtby and carrol (assuming parker and hudd go). on the wings: sigg, lennon, bernard, chadli, lamela, dempsey, townsend. up front: ade/defoe, soldado and lopez. we would be a quality side capable of alot

clearly this wont happen though:p:pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

what offer? I had my fill of bull**** during the whole benteke "saga" thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

On holidays in Murcia , just spoke to Gareth , head all over the place, but very tempted , in my opinion, everyone is replaceable , COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

I think 50m Modric and Contreau would be just fine. People seem to have forgotten than it was Modric that made us tick the year we qualified for ECL not Bale. If we are to lose Bale and it looks far more likely that we will I would take Modric back in a heartbeat. He is class to the core and gives us lots of rotation options with Dembele, Sandro and Paulinho. We would need another winger and another striker with Soldado but we needed that anyway whether we sell or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

LaLiga_News @Espcore på Twitter: Soldado is part of Valencia squad for the USA tour. bad news if true.

& Ill bet my house Bale wont be going anywhere this summer at least.

The whole story is Madrid trying to unsettle the player & us fans too into accecpting his sale & who to buy to replace him ffs

Just saw this:

Chiriches is leaving for England tonight, supposed to be done for €8million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Just saw this:

Chiriches is leaving for England tonight, supposed to be done for €8million

Yeah apparently £6.9m says his agent, saw a clip of him, looks like a good footballer... Roma were interested, Baldini must have snapped him up;)

Advertisement