Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Yeah apparently £6.9m says his agent, saw a clip of him, looks like a good footballer... Roma were interested, Baldini must have snapped him up;)

Yeah, read that Roma pulled out at 5.5m. He looks the part, a bit like Jan he likes to run forward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Yeah, read that Roma pulled out at 5.5m. He looks the part, a bit like Jan he likes to run forward

Scores a few goals too, kids got some tekkers!

davycc wrote: »
    LaLiga_News @Espcore på Twitter: Soldado is part of Valencia squad for the USA tour. bad news if true.

I think Levy is getting Levy'd by this Salvo dude. The talk is that Valencia need the money in the bank by August 3rd for tax purposes. Daniel's off down the Western Union in the morning to wire it over;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

if bale goes all im asking is that we get some players in as part of the deal, as we all know that there is no way that levy will let AVB spend the majority of the cash. We should be demanding that someone of the calibre of Benzaman is part of the deal...
    It'll be sad to see him leave though as on last seasons performances it was the most exciting a player has been for us since Waddle the season prior to him going to france..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

This is all bollox. I don't care how much money is on the table, we cannot keep selling our best players ... Carrick, Berba, Keane, last year it was Modric and VDV, this year Bale then next year who - Sandro if he has a full season as good as the he was in 2012, Paulinho if he's a hit. We stop there maybe PSG or Monaco will take a fancy to Loris, Verts or Dembele, if the offers are too good sure just keep selling, we'll be grand, there's always the EL and the odd league cup.

• Advertisement

This is all bollox. I don't care how much money is on the table, we cannot keep selling our best players ... Carrick, Berba, Keane, last year it was Modric and VDV, this year Bale then next year who - Sandro if he has a full season as good as the he was in 2012, Paulinho if he's a hit. We stop there maybe PSG or Monaco will take a fancy to Loris, Verts or Dembele, if the offers are too good sure just keep selling, we'll be grand, there's always the EL and the odd league cup.

We stopped being a selling club when Levy stood up to Modric and made him stick it out another year. I believe same will happen this year with Bale (if bids dont get outrageous). VDV was different, he asked for out to go back to Germany to try save his marriage. There will always be bigger clubs trying to poach our players, that's how football works

Caulker off to Cardiff, on loan maybe?

Defoe waxing lyrical about our THREE new signings:
    “You’re talking about three top players who are going to take Tottenham to the next level."

Can't wait to see the new Brazilian in training tomorrow

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jermain-defoe-interview-incredible-tottenham-2105993

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Saw this earlier and it just puts into perspective just how laughable this Bale saga has become....
    Chelsea have signed Mata(23.5 million),Hazard(32m)and Oscar(19.5m)
    All 3 players combined cost 10m less than what Madrid are offering for Bale.
    If it's true that they have offered 85m or even close to that then we have to accept it.Levy would be crazy not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

We stopped being a selling club when Levy stood up to Modric and made him stick it out another year. I believe same will happen this year with Bale (if bids dont get outrageous). VDV was different, he asked for out to go back to Germany to try save his marriage. There will always be bigger clubs trying to poach our players, that's how football works

£85m is outrageous for someone like Bale. Seriously, they need to accept it and improve the whole team so they don't need to rely on one player so much.

• Advertisement

Defoe waxing lyrical about our THREE new signings:
    “You’re talking about three top players who are going to take Tottenham to the next level."

Can't wait to see the new Brazilian in training tomorrow

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jermain-defoe-interview-incredible-tottenham-2105993

Yeah, saw that Defoe commented on Soldado, mentioned his name
    “A guy like Soldado can only strengthen us. Maybe if we’d had him last season as well as Emmanuel Adebayor we would already be in the Champions League. He’s a ­goalscorer"
    "I can see why Spurs fans would be excited about Soldado coming because I am excited myself about the prospect of playing with him."

SantryRed wrote: »
    £85m is outrageous for someone like Bale. Seriously, they need to accept it and improve the whole team so they don't need to rely on one player so much.

If you believe what SSN want you to believe, I don't

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Sure look at Dortmund, won the league 2 years on the spin, the second of which was a double, and the following season got to the CL final yet 3 of their best players have left (Sahin, Kags & Gotze) and Lewa is also reported to want to leave.

For the foreseeable future we will be a selling club regardless of what we do, and that likely won't change unless 1 of 2 things happen, 1. we can offer the wages that the likes of City, Barca, Real and Bayern can offer, or 2. in the next 10 years we win 6-7 league titles coupled with a few CL titles.

As harsh a reality as it may be, we may get over the fact that we're a selling club, because we more than likely always will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Saw this earlier and it just puts into perspective just how laughable this Bale saga has become....
    Chelsea have signed Mata(23.5 million),Hazard(32m)and Oscar(19.5m)
    All 3 players combined cost 10m less than what Madrid are offering for Bale.
    If it's true that they have offered 85m or even close to that then we have to accept it.Levy would be crazy not to.

Most of the time we can't attract the quality Chelsea can. No point in selling Bale, we won't get a player near as good as him as a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

According to the arsenal thread over in the soccer forum there are more BS stories in the daily mail/the mirror tomorrow that
    A) We want Modric as part of any deal for Bale
    B) We will move for Suarez (seriously)
    C) We are competing with Arsenal for Alexis Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

According to the arsenal thread over in the soccer forum there are more BS stories in the daily mail/the mirror tomorrow that
    A) We want Modric as part of any deal for Bale
    B) We will move for Suarez (seriously)
    C) We are competing with Arsenal for Alexis Sanchez

A) After how he went about trying to get out of WHL i doubt if he would want to come back.Anyway he's UTD bound i'd say.
    B)Theres no way levy would stump up 50m for him.Would be a great signing for us tho.
    C)Interesting...would be a good replacement for Bale,Depends on the price.

Valencia journalist Fran Guaita within the last few minutes claimed Soldado will not be boarding the flight with rest of Valencias' squad tomorrow for their pre-season trip to the USA. Their replacement Postiga will be replacing him on the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

The Alexis Sanchez rumour, I hope they feck off with that one. He is too over-rated - cant finish his dinner, can barely pass the ball. The downfall of most of Barca's failed attacks

Spanish media reporting that Soldado deal is complete and will be announced tomorrow. "Late yesterday,Valencia ensured that Wednesday is day in which Soldado transferred to Tottenham for thirty million"

http://www.vlcnews.es/secciones/deportes/articulos/salvo-cierra-dos-pulsos-de-una-tacada

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If i were Soldado, i'd be thinking i'll wait and see what happens with Bale tbh. It doesn't exactly give prospective players confidence if we keep selling out best players.

As for Bale, yet more comments in the media, with not a single official statement or quote from anyone. Oh, every Real player (past and present) has an opinion, but not one word from anyone that actually matters. How the media can keep getting away with this is beyond me. And aren't we supposed to have a partnership agreement with Real? You'd think they'd act a bit better with someone they have a partnership with...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Real Madrid know how to wear everybody down. Hope Daniel levy is not getting emotional at all this hype. Would like to hear Bale say he is happy to stay at spurs for another season. Time will tell.

I am a Spurs fan for a long time and I would like to see Spurs win the league, thats it. For me its simple. Now I know Bale staying guarantees nothing. With Bale in the side we have now plus Soldado(hopefully) and another couple of decent signings then maybe we have a shot. If Bale was to do all season what he done(mostly) in the second half of last season, anythings possible. Then maybe he wont want out at all or will still be worth a fortune next year.

Heres hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

rumours are now that spurs want luca as part of the deal.

Id love to see him back at the lane and i think the fans would get over what he did, class player

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

There's not a chance in hell of Modric returning....zilch

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

All this talk of players plus cash....
    i cant think of any examples of this type of deal ever happening...
    especially the class players that are been mentioned on the Bale deal.
    So for that reason.................Im OUT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Wouldn't mind severing this partnership with Real. It reinforces our stance as a selling club and then there's Madrids behaviour to consider over the past month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,634 ✭✭✭golfball37

History has shown any player Real Madrid want to offload is not a player worth taking.

We should only be entertaining a straight cash deal for an acceptable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Wouldn't mind severing this partnership with Real. It reinforces our stance as a selling club and then there's Madrids behaviour to consider over the past month.

Agreed. And from what we've seen it's a completely one-way partnership as well as we haven't seen a single benefit from them since it was introduced

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

when i first heard about this partnership with Madrid i presumed it would be us getting 1st refusal on their players being sold or maybe getting a couple of youngsters on loan.not an unmerciful tapping up of our best players for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

golfball37 wrote: »
    History has shown any player Real Madrid want to offload is not a player worth taking.

We should only be entertaining a straight cash deal for an acceptable price.
    :eek:
    What?? Hutelaar, Mekelélé, Negredo, Soldado, Raul, Sneijder, Robben & Van der Vaart to name but 8. Others that will prove to be good are Sahin (POTY for Dortmund the year he left) and Higuain. There are also countless others, including one or 2 players that Real actually bought back e.g. Arbeloa & Diego Lopez.

I would go as far to argue that Real are easily the worst major club when it comes to the transfer window. So many players have left and become top class players, and they've also purchased more than their fair share of flops.

I'd be more than willing to engage in any business regarding a player swap, but as other posters have said, it's just won't happen. They're not pawns, we won't be getting a Di Maria or a Coentrao, much less a Benzema, and never mind plus £50 million. If we did somehow manage to get one of their top players we'd be looking at maybe £15m cash, unless Real go above and beyond what they've ever done before, which is unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

A public severing of ties could be risky but worthwhile. Let the world know that we're not taking any bullsh*t.

We could get big publicity out of it, which would move focus away from the Bale thing.

Advertisement