Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

It's hard to know what was to be expected of the agreement, needs to go, it's of no benefit to us, just links them with our best players.

Good article from the Mirror on why we shouldn't sell Bale
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gareth-bale-transfer-tottenham-sell-2106285

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

golfball37 wrote: »
    History has shown any player Real Madrid want to offload is not a player worth taking.

Short memory bud:eek:

GB shows up for training, or as Joe.ie put it "man turns up to work and everything is continuing on as normal"

balessn1.jpg

Also, good point on why Sky are fuelling the speculation "Sky Sports are trying to engineer the speculation and make the move happen. Reason they are so keen on Bale leaving? Simples. He is the face of Sky's biggest rival now, BT SPORT. It would be a big set back for BT to lose Bale out of the premier league at this stage."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Really thought we would have had some direct quotes from Levy, AVB, Bale or his agent by now... The longer is goes on without any firm denials from the above, the more worrying it gets.

• Advertisement

Just opened the SSN football APP on my phone and the top 4 stories are about Bale, all with different headlines as if there's something new breaking.
    All a loud of ****, Zidane talking crap, Jamie Redknapp talking more crap and Glenn Hoddle talking crap (although at least he's on our side unlike Redknapp the miserable c*nt)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Just opened the SSN football APP on my phone and the top 4 stories are about Bale, all with different headlines as if there's something new breaking.
    All a loud of ****, Zidane talking crap, Jamie Redknapp talking more crap and Glenn Hoddle talking crap (although at least he's on our side unlike Redknapp the miserable c*nt)

Now ya can't blame poor old Jamie, we did sack his daddy after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Any chance Daniel Levy and Gareth Bale read opinion pieces in the Mirror?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gareth-bale-transfer-tottenham-sell-2106285
    This is about Tottenham.

Because it feels as if Spurs are within touching distance of not being a selling club.

They are on the verge of ­something big.

Through the financial ­management of Levy and the football management of Harry Redknapp and Andre Villas-Boas, they are so close to not having to sell top players.

They are an ace away from not having to roll over if Manchester United come calling for a Dimitar Berbatov or a Michael Carrick - or if Madrid decide they would like to buy Luka Modric.

They’re tantalisingly near to being an established power in the English game.

And somehow, despite all the arguments to the contrary, it feels like selling Bale will move them further away from that goal, not closer to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I think the following will be complete before the BH.
    We will sign Soldado and Romanian defender..
    Sell Caulker.
    Keep Bale.

Cant see or believe any other movings at the moment although knowing us....August will be rife with new rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Am I the only one who thinks selling Caulker is a bad, bad, idea? Great if Kaboul comes back at his previous level and we have Vertonghen and Dawson. I would prefer Vertonghen at left back and then two out of the other three CB. You need at least that much cover at CB as Spurs have more than demonstrated over the last 10 years. Caulker looked very promising last year, carrying a real goal threat along with his defensive duties. To be honest I think I would sell Dawson first. Nothing against Dawson who is whole-hearted and honest, I just think Caulker has the potential to be better plus he has age very much on his side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks selling Caulker is a bad, bad, idea? Great if Kaboul comes back at his previous level and we have Vertonghen and Dawson. I would prefer Vertonghen at left back and then two out of the other three CB. You need at least that much cover at CB as Spurs have more than demonstrated over the last 10 years. Caulker looked very promising last year, carrying a real goal threat along with his defensive duties. To be honest I think I would sell Dawson first. Nothing against Dawson who is whole-hearted and honest, I just think Caulker has the potential to be better plus he has age very much on his side.

im the same.think caulker is a good player with really good potential.he's good on the ball,positionally good and offers you a threat going forward.be a big mistake selling him

Seeing this in my FB feeds:
    Soldado deal agreed! The hold up now is just details between Valenica and Soldado's agent.
    Valencia President Amadeo Salvo has confirmed they have reached an agreement with Tottenham Hotspur for Roberto Soldado

im the same.think caulker is a good player with really good potential.he's good on the ball,positionally good and offers you a threat going forward.be a big mistake selling him

He looked a bit suspect last year though, made a few mistakes when in with Vertonghen, the reason Dawson was brought back into the side.

Straight swap for the Romanian boy Chiriches.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If it's truly £9million that they're offering bite they're hand off! hopefully levy would include some sort of first refusal type clause should cardiff then want to sell if he fulfills his potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Caulker has a long way to, he needs to establish himself this season given the opportunity. He could go either way. Vertonghen at LB doesn't look comfortable, gets easily shown up against a pacey winger. You can never have enough CB. Jamie Redknapp is a Sky puppet, I'd say his missus Louise is at home getting mauled by Rudd Gullit.

If it's truly £9million that they're offering bite they're hand off! hopefully levy would include some sort of first refusal type clause should cardiff then want to sell if he fulfills his potential.

Just to put that figure into persective it would pay Gareth Bale €175K a week for all of......... one year.... less a week or so.

Assuming Caulker has a few years to go on a cheap contract I would be keeping him for sure and dangling a better contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'm a bit disappointed at the thought of selling Caulker. Though, we sold an immature Kaboul once and bought back a better defender.

Maybe a season long loan of Caulker would be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I agree, I had high hopes for Caulker. However, and I know it's just Youtube, the video of this Romanian fella is very impressive. Still, Caulker is adjusted to the PL and knows how physical it can be. He also offers a lot in the opponents box. Hopefully he won't be sold but will be kept for this season at least.

As for Jan at left back, only in emergency. He's much better at CB.

This Romanian dude is suppose to be very 'Vertogen-like' but we haven't seen him kick a ball in the EPL so he could be a Flop. I'd live to see Caulker be given until xmas to see if a) he can rise to the challenge and get a starting place in the team b) See if this Romanian dude is all he's supposed to be.

Would also sell Dawson before Caulker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

who is saying we are going to sell caulker ?

• Advertisement

8 million ?? Id snap their hands off for that.

He is an ok player, not great

I thought he was one for the future. Wasn't he in one or two England squads? I do hope it's not another Luke Young move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Caulker for me is in the Livermore bucket......not Spurs players.

He cost us a fair few points last season due to non communicating with keeper.

9m?????????.......I'd drive hime to Cardiff myself!

Caulker for me is in the Livermore bucket......not Spurs players.

He cost us a fair few points last season due to non communicating with keeper.

9m?????????.......I'd drive hime to Cardiff myself!

yeah he aint the sharpest lad id say. seems very lethargic as well sometimes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Just to put that figure into persective it would pay Gareth Bale €175K a week for all of......... one year.... less a week or so.

Using that logic as any kind of justification against selling would mean that we could never sell a player as money made from any sale would only fund X amount of players wages for so long, that's a silly arguement to put forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I'm very disappointed that he's going. And if I'm honest then I'd have to say I'm a little worried with some of the potential signings that Baldini has been looking at. Some of these guys work great in Italy but wil they work in England? Not convinced by Baldini yet .

Back to Caulker. I think we're gonna regret this one. His next move in2-3 years might just be back into the.big time. I'd also say he's going to be the future of England CBs.

Using that logic as any kind of justification against selling would mean that we could never sell a player as money made from any sale would only fund X amount of players wages for so long, that's a silly arguement to put forward.

I'm only pointing out 9M in the Pl is not what it is in the real world.

Looks like our young Romanian defender isn't coming after all!!
    here is the very latest from Romania, and its not good news........the move seems to have fallen through

The source of all this following info comes from MM Stoica who is the Steaua general manager. He is currently live on tv on one of the most popular football shows.

the owner Gigi Becali, who is in jail, got very upset that Spurs demanded the player be transferred immediately. "who are Tottenham, who do they think they are. Chiriches is going nowhere" was his response

the general manager Stoica then went on to say that Chiriches will not move now, but possibly in the winter. He said the offer from Spurs was a good one, but they feel his value will grow by playing more games with Steaua in the CL, so they will be able to sell him for far more

Stoica also said that Spurs wanted to pay the 6 mill pound fee in instalments and that was completely unacceptable to Steaua who if they had sold would have wanted the 6 mill in one payment

the player has just found out about the move falling through and is disappointed, but Stoica said that he will have to live with the decision and get on playing for Steaua

so for now, it looks off.....

• Advertisement

Let's hope Caulker hasn't been sold prematurely!

Advertisement