Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I'm very disappointed that he's going. And if I'm honest then I'd have to say I'm a little worried with some of the potential signings that Baldini has been looking at. Some of these guys work great in Italy but wil they work in England? Not convinced by Baldini yet .

Back to Caulker. I think we're gonna regret this one. His next move in2-3 years might just be back into the.big time. I'd also say he's going to be the future of England CBs.

Agreed.
    Don't know why we are letting Caulker go. Ok he is not the finished article yet but he has a lot of promise. He is an excellent backup for Verts or Kaboul. He is decent on the ball and is a threat at corners. Bad move if we let him go. This Romanian dude we have lined up may be a good player but it will take him time to get adjusted to the Premier league. Don't see the reason for shipping out Caulker - we need to get rid of some midfield players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Maybe Caulker asked for out, he may not have wanted to be fourth or fifth choice CB

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Looks like our young Romanian defender isn't coming after all!!

That quote is pretty funny if true...nah, even if it's a lie it's still pretty damn funny. :cool:

Walker just tweeted about Caulker:
    Always guttered to see a mate leave the club, but good luck at Cardiff Steve

https://twitter.com/kyle28walker/status/362622382575337472

It's now official on the club website
    http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/caulker-to-cardiff-310713/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Bugger!! So we only have 3 CB's at the moment. That has to mean we'll be getting another as that's not enough to last the season.

• Advertisement

Quotes from Caulker

"I want to say how happy I am to have signed with Cardiff City. I'm delighted to be here & excited for this fresh challenge. You get the sense of excitement from everybody at the club in the build-up to the season's kick-off at West Ham and I'm really looking forward to being part of it. I thank Tottenham for everything they've done for me, having been there since I was a kid. But I'm here to back myself up now and show what I can do. This is a fresh start, a new chapter and I'm here to kick on."

Sounds like he pushed for this move, it being a WC year and all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

http://m.skysports.com/article/football//8849317

Seen this. No quotes more bull.
    Sky sports = marca?

gar wrote: »

Seen this. No quotes more bull.
    Sky sports = marca?

It's become their agenda, Bale is the face of their rival BT Sport, is on the promotionl material. Other UK media have moved on to "should he" stories as there is no movement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Ajax accepted a £6.5m bid from Norwich Toby Alderweird, but he wanted to go to a bigger team. I think we should go for him if the Romanian fella has fallen through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

The Caulker deal is a strange one, fair enough if this Romanian lad signs its a straight swap, but signing a young England international for £9m is more like something we'd be doing rather than selling one, weird.

Swansea fans will be pissed he's moved to Cardiff.

• Advertisement

The Caulker deal is a strange one, fair enough if this Romanian lad signs its a straight swap, but signing a young England international for £9m is more like something we'd be doing rather than selling one, weird.

Swansea fans will be pissed he's moved to Cardiff.

Word on Twitter is the Romanian deal is off completely, but we probably low balled them and may be able to open talks again

@GaryLineker: Quite possibly a new new central defender is about to be signed. Ears to the ground....as always.

@MichaelBridge_: @GaryLineker 100% - Going to be a very busy few weeks at White Hart Lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

@MichaelBridge_: @GaryLineker 100% - Going to be a very busy few weeks at White Hart Lane.

If bale is sold then it will be chaotic

TOTTENHAM'S move for Vlad Chiriches is on the verge of collapse after Steaua Bucharest's owner reportedly cancelled the transfer.

Reports in Romania suggest that Staeua owner Gigi Becali was infuriated after Tottenham tried to push through the deal today.

According to Romanian newspaper ProSport, Becali called Steaua's general manager in a rage telling him: "Who are Tottenham? Why can't they wait? Don't do the transfer! I'm not selling! I am Gigi Becali!"

Steaua are now thought to be intent on holding onto Chiriches as they embark on Champions League qualification, potentially ruling out a move to Spurs or elsewhere until January at the earliest.

Earlier today Chiriches' agent, Ioan Becali, suggested that a £6.9m move was imminent.

Becali told Ilsussidiario.et: "The deal is 99 per cent done.

"At this stage it only lacks the player's signature."

But Tottenham reportedly wanted to get a deal done with some urgency, possibly wanting to tie down Chiriches before letting Steven Caulker join Cardiff, and their conduct is thought to have rubbed Becali up the wrong way.

The flambouyant Becali is a former Member of the European Parliament and has also been an MP in Romania, but is currently serving a three-year prison term for abuse of power.

Tottenham thought they had pulled off something of a coup by beating Chelsea, Manchester City and Roma to Chiriches' signing, but it now looks as though they could face fresh competition for the player in January unless Becali softens his stance.

source: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football

Toby Alderweireld would be a good move as replacement for this Romanian, he played alongside Jan as CB at Ajax before his move to us. He's got 24 caps for Belgium. Rated highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

I have a fear, an annoying little fear. Are Tottenham and Bale's camp staying quiet for a reason? Letting RM and Marca spout all this bullsh*te while in the background are working on a transfer with another club? Manure???:eek: Now that would really rub salt in the wounds!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Cianan2 wrote: »
    The Alexis Sanchez rumour, I hope they feck off with that one. He is too over-rated - cant finish his dinner, can barely pass the ball. The downfall of most of Barca's failed attacks

Does not suit Barca at all. He's a winger, not a messi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Caulker sold? Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Fast becoming a bit of a laughing stock when it comes to these transfers ... Villa, Benteke, the 2 young croatian lads, the ongoing soldado saga and now the Romanian dude.

• Advertisement

Caulker sold? Strange.

done deal. Must mean we are going to replace him surely. If we go into the new season with only 3 CB's we will regret it.

AVB must not have rated him.

Fast becoming a bit of a laughing stock when it comes to these transfers ... Villa, Benteke, the 2 guy croatian lads, the ongoing soldado saga and now the Romanian dude.

Jeez, always negative, we've already broken our transfer record with Paulinho and are going to smash that again soon with Soldado. WTF do you want? We are spending more than anyone else. It's been a good summer so far if you ignore all all this Bale hype

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Sky can go kiss my ass

Headlines tonight - "Bale announces he wants to leave Spurs"

Details follow - "We understand Bale spoke to AVB and expressed a desire to leave" No announcement there folks. P!ss off. :mad:

Jeez, always negative, we've already broken our transfer record with Paulinho and are going to smash that again soon with Soldado. WTF do you want? We are spending more than anyone else. It's been a good summer so far if you ignore all all this Bale hype

Its not who we have/have not signed thats bothering me, its that the saga around each deal and the suggestions about our behaviour (no proof of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Soldado done. Happy days.

(subject to agent fees being paid)

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Soldado done. Happy days.

(subject to agent fees being paid)

It's been that way since lunch today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

sky are a disgrace but there is no surprise there... its how all media work. All of these quotes and opinions from madrid players are responses to questions being posed by the reporters, marca newspaper is a rag that is funded by madrid so its going to fill its pages with tabloid bull****e, redknapp (jamie) has an issue with us for years, esp now after his daddy was sacked. the sky sources that are (not) being quoted is Bales agent doing his job... its all the media circus that football has become and with chelsea and city not doing much, the prospect of a world record bid for a british player is like a dream come through for sky, even if it hasnt actually officially happened. Sky have ruined football:)

but just read this in the guardian, which wouldn't be the worst bit of business if the player apparnetly wants to go....
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/31/tottenham-gareth-bale-alvaro-morata

@FranGuaita tweeted that Soldado deal is done for 12M upfront and then 6M in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

@FranGuaita tweeted that Soldado deal is done for 12M upfront and then 6M in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

I think he is going to be a serious signing. Granted, I felt that about Rebrov back in the day but I'm due to be right.

Regarding Caulker, it's a strange one alright but as has been said I reckon AVB just doesn't like him. I guess we don't see how he trains or his attitude so it's hard to react with any certainty. My guess is they are hopeful to get this Romanian lad sorted.

I have decided to not pay anymore attention to this Bale craic, I was in work and one of the lads said there was a confirmed quote on sky about how he wants to leave and surprise surprise there is nothing of the kind. I'm officially done. If he does choose to go I wish him all the best and I hope he wins it all but I'm nit spending anymore energy on it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

ziedth wrote: »
    I think he is going to be a serious signing. Granted, I felt that about Rebrov back in the day but I'm due to be right.

Regarding Caulker, it's a strange one alright but as has been said I reckon AVB just doesn't like him. I guess we don't see how he trains or his attitude so it's hard to react with any certainty. My guess is they are hopeful to get this Romanian lad sorted.

I have decided to not pay anymore attention to this Bale craic, I was in work and one of the lads said there was a confirmed quote on sky about how he wants to leave and surprise surprise there is nothing of the kind. I'm officially done. If he does choose to go I wish him all the best and I hope he wins it all but I'm nit spending anymore energy on it.

True that, you're dead right! No point wasting energy on it. Get some sleep Zio :)

Advertisement