Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Right, a new thread excluding Bale talk...

How much do we have left to spend?
    Who is leaving?
    Who will we buy ?
    What positions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

devo from dublin loves starting new threads :-)

1. No idea
    2. Hudd / parker / Ade / gomes
    3. No one else

KingdomYid wrote: »
    In fairness, people can bet on anything and if the odds are 3/1 then there is a chance of making a few bob (which is why people bet after all).

I know yeah but its like going to the bookies to bet on what the royal babies name will be .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

mickman wrote: »
    I know yeah but its like going to the bookies to bet on what the royal babies name will be .

True true, I get what you are saying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

KingdomYid wrote: »
    True true, I get what you are saying.

still i suppose , its up to people what they do with their own money

id rather use it to pay an over priced subscription for all the sky sports channels!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

More ITK.... what's that they say about smoke and fire??
    "Hi guys, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, so ill share some good. I have just received confirmation that Bale is not leaving, Daniel Levy is sticking true to his words - bale will not be sold. Gareth Bale has no intentions of leaving the club - which is why he has not handed in a transfer request nor has he been quoted expressing his intentions to leave. Real Madrid are playing mind games and are using there contacts (Marca et al) to turn heads and force a sale. The Media are simply doing what they get paid to do, speculating and feeding rubbish to the naïve public. Yes, this includes BBC Sport and Sky Sports who are merely re-iterating other sources. My contact tells me the odds of Bale leaving Tottenham this Summer are the same as the odds of Arsenal signing Livermore"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

mickman wrote: »
    still i suppose , its up to people what they do with their own money

id rather use it to pay an over priced subscription for all the sky sports channels!

You might laugh it off but there is serious money to be made off novelty bets. About 4 or 5 years ago someone said on the x factor thread that a good way to know how well someone was doing was checking how many views their song had on you tube. I then took the song with the lowest views and bet they'd be in the bottom two. It worked for a couple of years Maybe 4 weeks out of 5 at similar odds on GB staying with us. I don't need to tell you I cleared quite a few quid out of it. Easily the most money I ever made from gambling and it's something dismissed (rightly) as pure trash.

My point is if you think there is value in anything (and of course if your a gambler) then bet on the market regardless of how silly it seems.

One final point on Bale, we're looking to sell naming rights for our new stadium soon, right? Wouldn't we get a bigger sponsorship deal if we had bigger players playing in the stadium each week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Screw all the Bale ITK...

I can't believe we've finally replaced Berbatov!

He may have blossomed late in his career but Soldado is a goal scorer, he reminds me in style of Rafa Vdv albeit playing in a more advanced role.

3rd highest scorer in La Liga, captain of the team that finished 3rd in La Liga, and don't worry about pressure, the chap replaced David Villa at Valencia!

He came from sunny Spain, he plays at White Hart Lane, Soldaaado! COYS

A few more ITK's now say the same, one says:
    Bale not going this season from what I hear. RM put up or shut up and have not put up just using media with untruth. They did not offer 81 million over week ago, and what they offered was choice of 2 out of 3 that each had values of around 10-12m on 2 of them at best, as they were being touted previously for buyers. They added them to a verbal package and it seems their value had increased by almost 100% per player, so actually their actual financial wishful cash thinking is in the region of just over 30 million. Modric payment still not concluded over 3 years I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Apparently the price for Bale to stay at Spurs on the betting exchanges is collapsing. Money piling in. Was 5.5 on Betfair this morning and now 2.2.

Looks good. My guess now is that we will hear about a new contract very soon.

RM are full of sh1t and the media have fallen for it. They don't have the kind of money being mentioned.

Yeah, gone from 4/1 to 13/8 in last few hours on Sky Bet
    http://www.skybet.ie/football/specials/transfer-specials

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Soldado: "Bale is a great player and we are already seeing the difficulties that Spurs are having to keep him. I want him to stay."

Just put £20 on Soldado @ 20/1 to be top scorer this season. Money in the bank! COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Screw all the Bale ITK...

I can't believe we've finally replaced Berbatov!

He may have blossomed late in his career but Soldado is a goal scorer, he reminds me in style of Rafa Vdv albeit playing in a more advanced role.

3rd highest scorer in La Liga, captain of the team that finished 3rd in La Liga, and don't worry about pressure, the chap replaced David Villa at Valencia!

He came from sunny Spain, he plays at White Hart Lane, Soldaaado! COYS

Good player but he was 5th highest scorer in La Liga and Valencia also finished 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Just put £20 on Soldado @ 20/1 to be top scorer this season. Money in the bank! COYS

all this talk of betting... 150/1 bale was for top scorer last year before the season starts. I layed 10euro e/w on it and got a nice few bob back.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Lukker- wrote: »
    Good player but he was 5th highest scorer in La Liga and Valencia also finished 5th.
    Would that be 5th behind the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao & Negredo, all megabucks strikers.:D:):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

If the 104 offer is legit spurs would be stupid to turn it down, he could break his leg tomorrow and a few world class players can be bought with that huge chunk of money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

If the 104 offer is legit spurs would be stupid to turn it down, he could break his leg tomorrow and a few world class players can be bought with that huge chunk of money

Barca should sell Messi before he breaks his leg/neck or gets aids. Its only logical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anything over 80 million and spurs have to take the loot. It's crazy money though. Shame to loose Bale but for that money they'd be mad not too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Bale will go eventually, either way, I think we all know that, Messi will be there for life in all probability

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Wanting to sell Bale in case something happens is what I what you expect from the accountants not the fans. He is a world class player and as a fan you have to want him to stay imo.

It has been suggested that the only offer was £30m and the choice of two players from a group of players worth £10-12m.

Probably the most believable thing I've read in the last few weeks.

More ITK.... There seems to be a trend today.

This is from Spurs Community
    Bale news:
    Staying this season going next year so find the best price at the bookies
    The source couldn't be any better either!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

A move for this lad, or at least some CB is definitely on the cards - it would add some sense to the Caulker sale. In fairness £8m for a 4th choice CB is good business.

I'd imagine that Gomes and a couple from Parker, Livermore, Huddlestone will be moved on. A loan move in the Premiership for Carroll would be good I think.

Depending on any other signings we make the likes of Townsend and Adebayor could be up for grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

More ITK.... There seems to be a trend today.

This is from Spurs Community

That's fine, he gives us a year of his ability and talent, and we get a year to sort out a replacement. Everyone's happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

was sorry to see caulker go but now id like to see us move for ajax's toby alderweireld. i think he'd settle in quickly having played with vert at ajax and with the other belgians on national team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Love the way all the Arsenal and Man U fans coming in forums and Twitter saying that we 'have' to sell if the offer is that big.

They want Bale out of Spurs because they know we are going to be as strong as anyone this year with him.

But if the tables were turned they would want him to stay at their club at all costs.

If he stays we will get a huge lift going into the season that could mean a lot in terms of confidence.

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    That's fine, he gives us a year of his ability and talent, and we get a year to sort out a replacement. Everyone's happy!

Then sell him to Barca next year to get our own back

Advertisement