Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

I like this

BQkYPHICMAE442n.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,634 ✭✭✭golfball37

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Wages shouldn't be a problem so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

How come he was allowed 2 bags on board? Did Levy pay?

Happy days at Spurs according to the lies in the Mirror
    "Spurs' club-record signing Soldado could be followed by swoops for likes of Remy, Eriksen, Pjanic, Lamela and Pastore"
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-gareth-bale-sale-2114945#.UfrVNhuBChY.twitter

Tottenham’s biggest problem is actually spending their money - LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

BQnA-A4CEAAD6f4.jpg:large

It's gone to 9/4 on Sky Bet for Bale to stay. Some bookies like William Hill have stopped taking bets on him leaving, is this saying something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Step 1. Sky Sports News keep publishing bull**** articles saying Bale wants out, in discussion with Real and a move is imminent.
    Step 2. Everyone bets on Skybet that he will leave, because surely Sky wouldn't make up stories like that.
    Step 3. Stories stop, as it becomes clear that there was nothing official in any of the reports.
    Step 4. Everyone loses their bet, Skybet makes a tidy profit.

Works out nicely for Sky.

I knew we'd get some quotes from Harry, he just can't resist
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23537937

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I knew we'd get some quotes from Harry, he just can't resist
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23537937

Redknapp : "He doesn't want to say it, but I hear from different sources that he really wants to go now."

That's the first quote I've heard from anyone that actually concerns me slightly. i'm sure HR still has plenty of ties with the current squad, coaching staff so for him to come out and say that is a bit worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Redknapp : "He doesn't want to say it, but I hear from different sources that he really wants to go now."

Harry Redknapp is the epitome of a tabloid reader. He is also a sacked ex-employee.

Leaving the Bale stuff aside.

What else is on the agenda for us transfer-wise?

I'd still like to see us sign another striker but realistically Defoe/Ade would have to go first. We'll probably have to wait until Besiktas find out if they can play in europe next season or not, then the Ade deal will be done and we can look for a replacement.

Either way, having spent such a huge amount of Soldado, I can't see us spending more than £10-12M on a replacement for Ade/Defoe, and who is around for that kind of money that would be an improvement on the out-bound Ade or JD .... Cisse seems to have patched things up at Newcastle. Remy isn't much of a step up from what we have, maybe Ba is an option but is available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Liverpool bid for Diego Costa... Does Brendan Rodgers think he is Vinnie Jones in Mean Machine, recruiting all the scumbags to play for the prison team!

Harry Redknapp is the epitome of a tabloid reader. He is also a sacked ex-employee.

Yeah, now I understand why Portsmouth fans hate him. He'll be whoring himself in front of the media making statements about us like this until the day he dies. I'm surprised they haven't got interviews from the window of his Range Rover on SSN

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

He also said bale will stay for another season a few short weeks ago :P oh 'arry, some things never change...please tell me he did the interview through his car window :D

A7Sy5yzCUAEi6x3.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Leaving the Bale stuff aside.

I'd still like to see us sign another striker but realistically Defoe/Ade would have to go first. We'll probably have to wait until Besiktas find out if they can play in europe next season or not, then the Ade deal will be done and we can look for a replacement.

Either way, having spent such a huge amount of Soldado, I can't see us spending more than £10-12M on a replacement for Ade/Defoe, and who is around for that kind of money that would be an improvement on the out-bound Ade or JD .... Cisse seems to have patched things up at Newcastle. Remy isn't much of a step up from what we have, maybe Ba is an option but is available?

WOW WOW WOW RIGHT THERE MISTER!!!
    I set up a new thread for this kind of talk....;)

WOW WOW WOW RIGHT THERE MISTER!!!
    I set up a new thread for this kind of talk....;)

Why a new thread, whats wrong with this one?

He reminds me of a Russian guy I know who sits around drinking vodka all day and fishes for perch in little parks around the city that Irish people wouldn't dream of fishing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Ah lay off 'Arry, he's a talker, he talked before he managed Spurs, he talked while he managed Spurs, and guess what, he's still talking.

It was annoying while he was with us and it's annoying now, but it's not like he has some evil agenda against Spurs, it's just the way he is.

He got us playing some great football and gave us some great memories and I for one think he's a pretty nice guy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

don't think anyone's being overly 'arsh on 'arry 'ormus :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

don't think anyone's being overly 'arsh on 'arry 'ormus :P

Alright then

Carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Cisse seems to have patched things up at Newcastle. Remy isn't much of a step up from what we have, maybe Ba is an option but is available?

I would suggest none of the above. Why? Because I didn't know who Vertonghen, Paulinho, Holtby, Chadli and Chiriches were before we moved for them. We've signed a big name striker now so the next move will be less high profile and from a different league. That's my guess anyway.

dempsey on his way maybe: http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/02/tottenham-midfielder-clint-dempsey-flies-to-the-united-states-to-talk-to-everton-3908878/

I quite like dempsey as a squad player, I wouldn't want him starting and maybe he wants to move as it is a WC year...if he does go it's a bit more likely that ade will be staying.

Alot of talk and photos on the tweet machine of Dempsey boarding a flight for the US. With the Monaco game tomorrow that's pretty ominous. Everton on tour in LA at the moment? Or return to MLS? #dempseywatch
    BQpdJjvCEAAKBtH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Alot of talk and photos on the tweet machine of Dempsey boarding a flight for the US. With the Monaco game tomorrow that's pretty ominous. Everton on tour in LA at the moment? Or return to MLS?

An 'ITK' posted in the Spurs Community yesterday saying Dempsey is in talks with an MLS club.

If Dempsey is on a plane to the US today, then he might not be b*ll****ting.

I would suggest none of the above. Why? Because I didn't know who Vertonghen, Paulinho, Holtby, Chadli and Chiriches were before we moved for them. We've signed a big name striker now so the next move will be less high profile and from a different league. That's my guess anyway.

Good point.

An 'ITK' posted in the Spurs Community yesterday saying Dempsey is in talks with an MLS club.

The rumour is Seattle Sounders, at least that is apparently where the flight was headed.
    Could be that he just got permission to fly home early, see the family and what have you as he wasn't going to be starting the Monaco game.

Or maybe he's flying ahead to do some PR/marketing work on behalf of the club seeing as he's a pretty big deal over there.

Can't see the logic in that, if he's part of our squad surely he would be featuring in the preseason games. Particularly as he missed our last preseason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

I'd love to see us go after Willian. The rags are saying we are going head to head with chelski for him - don't see why they would want him seeing as they have enough similiar type players in their ranks. He'll cost us another 20-30m though. Not sure if Danny would have the balls to loosen the ol purse strings some more though.

• Advertisement

I posted this over in the other transfer thread about dempsey...should probably just stick to one thread really :P
    dempsey on his way maybe: http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/02/tottenham-midfielder-clint-dempsey-flies-to-the-united-states-to-talk-to-everton-3908878/

I quite like dempsey as a squad player, I wouldn't want him starting and maybe he wants to move as it is a WC year...if he does go it's a bit more likely that ade will be staying.

I'd much rather him join a MLS team than everton...himself and Pienaar are bound to score against us :P

Advertisement