Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Two transfer threads is a bit silly.

Maybe people could keep the Bale transfer talk to the 'Bale' thread....?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

have merged the threads. Lets just keep all transfer talk here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Two transfer threads is a bit silly.

Maybe people could keep the Bale transfer talk to the 'Bale' thread....?

I was thinking the same thing. The Bale thing has been talked to death, lets keep that non-story in the 'Bale' thread, at least until something real and substantial comes out from DL/AVB/Bale or his Agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,634 ✭✭✭golfball37

I'd love to see us go after Willian. The rags are saying we are going head to head with chelski for him - don't see why they would want him seeing as they have enough similiar type players in their ranks. He'll cost us another 20-30m though. Not sure if Danny would have the balls to loosen the ol purse strings some more though.

Willian went to Zenit in the last window I thought?

Please let the Dempsey story be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Dempsey's a great squad player, scored vital goals. Which Ade sure as shít didn't?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Dempsey's a great squad player, scored vital goals. Which Ade sure as shít didn't?

Yeah, I'd keep Dempsey and sell Siggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

golfball37 wrote: »
    Willian went to Zenit in the last window I thought?

Please let the Dempsey story be true

He went to Anzhi but not happy there judging by the reports in the rags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »

agreed. id keep neither of them but if i had to pick one then it would be dempsey

one thing i wont miss is dempsey shooting with the strength of a little girl from outside the box and the ball bouncing wide or into the keepers arms

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

mickman wrote: »
    agreed. id keep neither of them but if i had to pick one then it would be dempsey

one thing i wont miss is dempsey shooting with the strength of a little girl from outside the box and the ball bouncing wide or into the keepers arms

He must score wonder goals in training, I'd say he gets ridiculed by the team. A good little poacher inside the box is what he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Not good:

"Gareth Bale's agent has confirmed to 'AS' that the Welshman hasn't travelled to Monaco with rest of the team."

Also, RM news site claiming Coentrao will sign for Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Not good:

"Gareth Bale's agent has confirmed to 'AS' that the Welshman hasn't travelled to Monaco with rest of the team."

I'm resigned to seeing him go at this stage.a bit disappointed but more so excited to see how we spend the money we will get for him.
    Coentrao would be good as i think both full back positions are our weakest link but if he isnt part of the deal then i think we should go for Baines.....Dempsey and 15m maybe?

Not good:

Wasn't it said a few days ago that he wasn't going?

Baines is rubbish. Good against mid table dross but completely found out when he played for England. BAE is actually better than him imo.

Not good:

He has a muscle injury, thats why he's not going I'd say.

I find it very negative that bale isn't travelling

He was supposed to play a part in our last game in Hong Kong abd then all the transfer stuff happened and bale and avb went quiet

Not good:

Turns out that article lacks credibility as it names Bales agent as Jonathan Barnes
    http://as.com/diarioas/2013/08/02/english/1375451542_953097.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Baines is rubbish. Good against mid table dross but completely found out when he played for England. BAE is actually better than him imo.

LOL! :pac:

What ? ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

mickman wrote: »
    I find it very negative that bale isn't travelling

He was supposed to play a part in our last game in Hong Kong abd then all the transfer stuff happened and bale and avb went quiet

Agreed. Whether he's fit or not he should've at least travelled. If it's true it's very disappointing and would be the biggest proof that he's on his way.

Word has it AVB didn't travel either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Dempsey may be gone?
    BQriKzjCYAEliq4.jpg:large

Ok, I'll hold my hands up and say that I complained a lot about Dempsey last season, but to be fair he scored a lot of important goals and I'd be happy for him to be involved in the squad next season. Not a starter, but quite important to the overall team and I'd be a bit disappointed to see him go, unless he's being replaced by someone better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

If he hasn't travelled with the squad that's a sure sign for me. Vertonghen travelled and he is injured. Even more ominous that Coentrao was omitted from the RM squad for tomorrow's game.

AVB didn't travel as he's already in Monaco

@pokeefe1 I'm staying at a hotel a 2 minute walk from the stadium and he walked past me on my way back

https://twitter.com/SethGarley/status/363387357585629184/photo/1

This is all over the forums

@BestfordC: According to Cadena Ser: "Levy has turned down Madrid's offer of 96m for #Bale & has told Madrid he's not for sale this summer at any price"”

@BestfordC: Cadena Ser: "Levy told Madrid he'd accept that offer of 96m but if #Bale left NEXT summer, not this summer".”

@BestfordC: Cadena Ser: "Levy promised #Bale he could leave for Madrid if we didnt get into CL this season & is angry as he feels Levy lied to him".”

@BestfordC: Cadena Ser:"#Bale will give a press conference saturday or sunday to announce he wants to leave & Madrid expect deal to be done by monday".”

@BestfordC: Cadena Ser: "When #Bale was told Levy turned down 96m he decided to give press conference probably tomorrow as he was promised he could go".”

They were very reliable for Soldado - let's see about bale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I hope Bale doesn't start acting the dick at any stage in this thing.I really don't want to start disliking him.

It isn't like players to give press conferences, he's still under contract. Isn't that beach of contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Dempsey sold to Seattle for 9 million dollars it seems. That came slightly out of left field

P_1 wrote: »
    Dempsey sold to Seattle for 9 million dollars it seems. That came slightly out of left field

Good price, but an odd move, unless like Caulker he wanted more from Spurs? He played a lot last season though. It must mean that there are more incomings.

• Advertisement

If he hasn't travelled with the squad that's a sure sign for me. Vertonghen travelled and he is injured. Even more ominous that Coentrao was omitted from the RM squad for tomorrow's game.

Coentrao plus 90 mill. Lets get it done !

Advertisement