Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

P_1 wrote: »
    Dempsey sold to Seattle for 9 million dollars it seems. That came slightly out of left field

Dempsey is supposedly getting $32m for for 4 years deal from MLS, that's more than Beckham, works out @ 120k per week. Will be the highest paid player in the MLS. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Can't imagine Bale holding a press conference, the boy is quite reserved in front of camera.

Dempsey will be a designated player in the MLS which means they can offer him big shillings.

That £15m of sales in the last three days, who needs £86m!:D

That £15m of sales in the last three days, who needs £86m!:D

Yeah, but not the ones we want exiting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Dempsey and Caulker are two very solid squad players.

Really hope we have some good replacements lined up. These guys weren't exactly deadwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I cant believe real are willing to fork out 80 odd million for bale its utter lunacy, he is worth 40max if i was spurs id snap the fcukin hand off em

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I cant believe real are willing to fork out 80 odd million for bale its utter lunacy, he is worth 40max if i was spurs id snap the fcukin hand off em

Not in a world where Andy Carroll is worth 35 million ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭slegs

Another Liverpool fan wanting us to sell. You'd think they would be more concerned with the fact that their main talent wants to leave to go to another PL team. At least we are getting good money and won't have to play against him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Do you mean luis? Is he going to another pl team thats news to me

No Bale headlines on SSN today for a change. Hopefully the Suarez to RM rumours gain momentum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭slegs

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Do you mean luis? Is he going to another pl team thats news to me

No I said he wants to go to another PL team. Embarrassing for a team of Liverpool's status. He doesn't see a future with the mighty reds after all the 'love' he has received from their fans.

Maybe Everton will bid along with Arsenal

• Advertisement

Plenty of rumours out there today:
    Hulk on loan
    Lamela
    Eriksen

Dempsey was surplus to requirements, fair enough he bagged 12 (some very important) goals last season, but 90% of us game after game said "Dempsey is not good enough". With Holtby & Siggy stepping up, Soldado, Paulinho & Chadli coming in we've got those 12 goals covered.

Obviously would prefer to lose big Tom but who's gonna take him and match his current salary?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Jeez lads, you're in the wrong forum for this kind of carry on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Plenty of rumours out there today:
    Hulk on loan
    Lamela
    Eriksen

Dempsey was surplus to requirements, fair enough he bagged 12 (some very important) goals last season, but 90% of us game after game said "Dempsey is not good enough". With Holtby & Siggy stepping up, Soldado, Paulinho & Chadli coming in we've got those 12 goals covered.

Obviously would prefer to lose big Tom but who's gonna take him and match his current salary?

Holtby stepping up? I think he won't be with you after next season, not good enough

mickman wrote: »
    Holtby stepping up? I think he won't be with you after next season, not good enough

Crazy talk!

Crazy talk!

With us I meant to say

He was with us a few months and I saw nothing that would make him a success with us. I don't agree with all this talk about needing time to sete in, quality is evident from the start and I don't see any with this guy

Compare that with vdv for example and we saw his quality right away

I think holtby was worth the gamble though cos we will sell him on for a profit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Holtby is v young. Far too early to write off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Crazy talk!

I agree with mickman ...holtby isn't good enough for us IMO...there is a reason why we got him for 1.6m...he a bluffer

Compare that with vdv for example

But why would you do that? Vdv was near 28 when he signed for us and had bags of club and international experience.

Compare him to Tom Carroll maybe. Holtby is 22, captain of the U21 German side and had played over 40 games, scoring 10 goals for Shalke over two seasons.

To write him off after playing the back end of one season is absurd.

But why would you do that? Vdv was near 28 when he signed for us and had bags of club and international experience.

Compare him to Tom Carroll maybe. Holtby is 22, captain of the U21 German side and had played over 40 games, scoring 10 goals for Shalke over two seasons.

To write him off after playing the back end of one season is absurd.

So you don't think quality is visible at 22? Of course it is man and this guy has very little

Experience brings intelligence on the pitch, it doesn't bring natural ability. Ability is present at a young age and all I saw this guy do was huff and puff and play it sideways

Tom Carroll won't make it either, mark my words

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Lets leave judgement of holtby aside for at least a full season eh, I remember similar posts on this forum about sandro - but those dudes where ever so wrong about him. Bale didn't start off too hot either :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Hopefully the Suarez to RM rumours gain momentum

Where are these rumours?

Suarez to RM is the ideal outcome. I'd love it to happen! Bale can stay for another year then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Coentrao plus 90 mill. Lets get it done !

I highly doubt the cash being offered to us is anywhere over £40m.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Where are these rumours?

Suarez to RM is the ideal outcome. I'd love it to happen! Bale can stay for another year then.

Back of the Star, they want him and Bale and will sell Ronaldo to United.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The Star!? **** lads I guess its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Holtby ftw, loving the chap so far and he is so young only good to come from it! Hopefully we get a good (young) replacement for Caulker, bit dissapointed he left. Is Ade leaving, whats going on there? Who can we possibly get to replace him now that Clint is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Kold wrote: »
    The Star!? **** lads I guess its true.

Would it be more better for you if it was some ITK on twitter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

You have to admire Caulker in a way, wants his place in the England WC squad and not content to settle on the bench. Good luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Yeah but the English national team is equivalent to erectile dysfunction...useless, they'll be out as soon as they touch down. Fifa or pro evo would be the better option? I wish him well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hmmm, so who replaces him? Unless Siggy is his replacement and will be getting more game time?

Advertisement