Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Id hope so I rate Siggy over Dempsey & he has improved a lot since his early days with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Plenty more to come from Gylfi I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I agree, I think he's got a lot more to his game than Dempsey. Still, Dempsey scored any important goals last season so it remains to be seen whether he'll be replaced like-for-like or whether Siggy has been given assurances.

we now need 2 new cb as Dawson is out injured too..
    could have done with him today he would have kept falcao in his pocket..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Latest in the Bale saga in Marca is that they want to pay in 5x20m installments, WTF? The cheek of these cnuts, to try turn our player and not even have any cash. This really is a horrible experience. I don't care if he stays or goes now I just want it to end

• Advertisement

Levy'd never let that happen though

just as well we got levy-I hate madrid for there **** stirring this & last year..no class at all from the self labeled "best team in the world"

SuprSi wrote: »
    Levy'd never let that happen though

It may have to happen if they unsettle him enough to ask for a transfer.

It may have to happen if they unsettle him enough to ask for a transfer.

Even if he asks for a transfer, it has to be to the clubs benefit, like the Modric thing. Levy doesn't have to agree to anything and a bad deal is something he definitely won't agree to.

Even if he asks for a transfer, it has to be to the clubs benefit, like the Modric thing. Levy doesn't have to agree to anything and a bad deal is something he definitely won't agree to.

Eh, we've not gotten all the Modric money yet, they still owe us installments. Utd made them pay cash up front for CR, we need Levy to do same if Bale goes

• Advertisement

Absolutely, if they want him badly enough they can pay for him up front, or at least 75% of it up front. I have faith in Levy sorting it out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

celt262 wrote: »
    Would it be more better for you if it was some ITK on twitter?

Not really, honestly not trying to be rude to you personally, just this whole window has been a headache, think I need to look at these threads less.

NOT FOR SALE

AVB has given an interview criticised Ancelotti and has stated that no meetings or offers on the table and Bale is not for sale.

NOT FOR SALE

AVB has given an interview criticised Ancelotti and has stated that no meetings or offers on the table and Bale is not for sale.

Happy days, that's what we want to hear!!

I didn't see it, I'm reading this now, he also went on to say "In football anything is possible, what we have communicated so far is that we are not willing to concede to their interest in the player"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Where is this interview from?

AVB on SSN: "Gareth Bale is not for sale."

Where is this interview from?

A few minutes ago on SSN

NOT FOR SALE

we wish i'd imagine, he's on his bike lads...

Hatch99 wrote: »
    we wish i'd imagine, he's on his bike lads...

I can't imagine he'd say that and then turn around and sell him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

"We've allowed conversations with Real confirmed by their coach, i think wrongly. The only thing we have communicated is he's not for sale"

"In football anything is possible, what we have communicated so far is that we are not willing to concede to their interest in the player"

Which means, piss off talking about our player, make us an offer impossible to refuse, on our terms, or shut up!

Good stuff, I think that's what most of us wanted to hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Read what you will into this so. Spanish radio station claiming he won't be joining till next season. Seems like shiote. Great if he's staying

http://tottenhamlive.com/news/871-tottenham-bale-real-madrid.html

Looks like Levy and AVB have been planning this statement for a while. Just waiting for the right time to do it. Just after Sunday papers are printed is perfect

I see nothing in that clip that would convince me that he will stay. As AVB said himself, anything in football in possible, and imo Madrid will make us an offer that the club will find it too hard to turn down, i.e. 80 odd million, and he'll sign for Madrid. Listen, I hope I'm wrong, but I am realistic, and I think he'll be sold unfortunately.

Oh man, if Bale is actually staying, I'm starting to believe this is the beginning of a great era for us.

I cannot eat enough AVB pie right now. Infact I'd drink oozing discharge from a sore on his inner thigh right now.

Arry who !!!

I can't imagine he'd say that and then turn around and sell him.

Of course he would, managers do it all the time. Remember AVB is not selling, Levy is, I'm sure AVB wants to keep him, but if Levy is offered 80 or 90m, the decision is taken out of AVB's hands.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Of course he would, managers do it all the time. Remember AVB is not selling, Levy is, I'm sure AVB wants to keep him, but if Levy is offered 80 or 90m, the decision is taken out of AVB's hands.

Don't you start ruining my Saturday night with such realism :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Don't you start ruining my Saturday night with such realism :-)

Yes Hatch, we are looking for any crumbs of positivity here :pac: Don't kill our buzz.

Advertisement