Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Don't you start ruining my Saturday night with such realism :-)

:D Apologies. Nobody hopes he stays more than me me mate, but my gut feeling tells me it's only a matter of time. Just hope we spend some of it if he does go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Yes Hatch, we are looking for any crumbs of positivity here :pac: Don't kill our buzz.

Apologies I'll shut it down now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Oh man, if Bale is actually staying, I'm starting to believe this is the beginning of a great era for us.

I cannot eat enough AVB pie right now. Infact I'd drink oozing discharge from a sore on his inner thigh right now.

Arry who !!!

Ha, mate you've gone full circle! :D

Having watched the full interview I think he'll stay one more season, AVB would have been well briefed before giving this interview. Some difference to Arry's "the boys heads been turned" interviews!

AVB's YidArmy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

None the wiser tonight after AVBs comments. Sounds like AVB wants to make it clear he wants Bale to stay but he wants to let us know its not up to him.
    Also agree that he's telling RM to make a bid that cant be refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

http://i.imgur.com/X7hMslX.jpg

cant put up proper link but this gives an idea of what we could do with 90-100m.

Would still rather keep him and have a net spend of £20-30 after the sale of Dempsey, Caulker, Ade etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm delighted to here that statement from AVB,I still thing Madrid are bull****ting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

I've watched the interview a few times and I think people are reading too much into the "anything can happen" bit. It's the regular, I'm an employee with employers decisions to consider answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I cannot eat enough AVB pie right now. Infact I'd drink oozing discharge from a sore on his inner thigh right now.

Aaaand my marmalade and toast goes in the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Kold wrote: »
    Aaaand my marmalade and toast goes in the bin.

Yes it was an unbelievably disgusting comment !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

AVB says "bearing in mind the recent investment in the squad"..... Which screams to me, as the ITKs pointed out, we gave the incoming players guarantees that Bale will be staying and we gave Gareth guarantees that we will be investing in the squad. I'm very happy with that statement. With the 'FA' comment at the end he basically said 'hey UEFA, this pr!cks are tapping up our player'.

• Advertisement

Typical. Sky post the video of the interview, but then re - word the quotes all mixed up in the article moving the "anything can happen" to the end to give it more meaning as a final statement.

SSN now saying Bale is unhappy at AVB's interview, they're like wasps, they just won't give up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

SSN are fubbing detestable parasites

At least the Irish papers get it right

Furious Spurs tell Real that Bale not for sale
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/furious-spurs-tell-real-that-bale-not-for-sale-29471249.html

It looks like this bale stuff will go on for the next few weeks

Haven't ever spent do much time browsing the web

It's obvious he wants to go but it really doesn't look like the offer is good enough. It's probable they offered 50 mill with a player but no way will this be accepted

My best guess is that levy will make him stay one more year, and he will be sold next year for much less than 80 million because I honestly think he won't have a season anywhere like last one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

mickman wrote: »
    It looks like this bale stuff will go on for the next few weeks

Haven't ever spent do much time browsing the web

It's obvious he wants to go but it really doesn't look like the offer is good enough. It's probable they offered 50 mill with a player but no way will this be accepted

My best guess is that levy will make him stay one more year, and he will be sold next year for much less than 80 million because I honestly think he won't have a season anywhere like last one

Its not obvious he wants to go as he hasn't uttered a word.

Its not obvious he wants to go as he hasn't uttered a word.

His agent has been blowing sh!t in his ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

mickman wrote: »
    It's obvious he wants to go

Mick you reading too many papers?. It's not obvious at all. The bloke hasn't opened his mouth.

Mick you reading too many papers?. It's not obvious at all. The bloke hasn't opened his mouth.

Guys , in fairness. Put yourself in his shoes, would you want to go ?

Marca now talking sense

Villas-Boas: "Ancelotti is mistaken, Bale isn’t for sale"
    http://www.marca.com/2013/08/04/en/football/real_madrid/1375629247.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I want Bale to stay. Now I know he doesn't have to come out and say anything. His public silence and his injury preventing him from playing last 3 games do give rise to suspicion that he wants out. If this was a player at another club I would have a bet he will leave. I think Real Madrid are a shower of cnuts and I hope this can be resolved without them getting Bale. For them to get Bale I think two things have to happen.
    1. Bale says he wants out. 2. Madrid willing to pay £85m and pay more than 50% of it up front.

My point is this is far from a done deal and Bale could well be staying with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Anyone else concerned by the fact Bale has had almost no pre-season? If he stays he might not even be fit for the first couple games..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

irishmover wrote: »
    Anyone else concerned by the fact Bale has had almost no pre-season? If he stays he might not even be fit for the first couple games..

Well if it really is an injury fair enough. If its not then it could get messy. Madrid seem to be playing a game to unsettle Bale and hope we capitulate. Would Bale become stroppy and we sell rather than have an unsettled player? Madrid may see it this way and feel it could strengthen their hand, maybe get him cheaper. If Bale does want out then its about getting the best deal possible unless Levy and Co have different ideas.
    We just gona have to wait a little while longer to see how this plays out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Well if it really is an injury fair enough. If its not then it could get messy. Madrid seem to be playing a game to unsettle Bale and hope we capitulate. Would Bale become stroppy and we sell rather than have an unsettled player? Madrid may see it this way and feel it could strengthen their hand, maybe get him cheaper. If Bale does want out then its about getting the best deal possible unless Levy and Co have different ideas.
    We just gona have to wait a little while longer to see how this plays out.

I think (imo) Bale does want to go. Just giving Spurs a chance for the time being of getting the best possible price. if Spurs aren't entertaining any bids come the middle of August I can see Bale asking for a move.

Why wouldn't he want to play for Madrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Cos theyre c*nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

irishmover wrote: »

Definitely concerned about this, but more the fact that this summer, although we've bought really well, is starting to look like Berba/Modric all over again. What sort of an effect is this situation going to have on the rest of the squad? If he doesn't train, and doesn't involve himself, it will definitely cause issues and we just can't afford to have another slow start this season. There are under 2 weeks to the start of the season so things need to be sorted now.

If he wants to go, make sure he understands it will be for top dollar and not a penny less, and none of this rumoured £20m a year over 5 years - the majority of it up front. If RM don't cooperate, tell them to fcuk off. If they do, get the replacements sorted immediately and move on.

Right, I had a good read of the Spurs forums and the latest ITKs. They say the it will be done this year. Bale is happy to go next year but RM are insisting is now or never, add to that Jonathan Barrnett pushing for it and leaking BS to the press. It's a big mess. Bales contract with Barnett runs out in 2014 so the agent is insisting on a move now. It's the whole Berbasulk sh1t all over again.

ITKs are here, make what you want of them
    http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?forums/sc-itk.83/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Meh, he's sold, he's signing a new contract with spurs...rinse repeat...dont need to read what the itk's say when they're as clueless as anyone else...lap up speculation though :P

Meh, he's sold, he's signing a new contract with spurs...rinse repeat...dont need to read what the itk's say when they're as clueless as anyone else...lap up speculation though :P

Jonathan Barrnett is directly giving quotes to the press now, Wanker Gooner fan
    http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/gareth-bale-is-very-upset-with-avb-considering-whether-to-train-on-tuesday-as/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Soldado in a spurs shirt?
    558509_496972147043527_253061272_n.jpg

Advertisement