Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Soldado just completed his medical. :)

BQ55fbxCYAAuK7T.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

He's a Yiddo

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/364362200795734016

We're delighted to confirm the signing of @R9Soldado from Valencia after successfully completing his medical. #THFC pic.twitter.com/meQs1CpqRh

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

The Soldier has signed :D

He's a Yiddo

We're delighted to confirm the signing of @R9Soldado from Valencia after successfully completing his medical. #THFC pic.twitter.com/meQs1CpqRh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Remy gone to Newcastle on loan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Remy gone to Newcastle on loan

I wouldnt touch him with his court case looming..
    innocent until proven guilty or not ;)

although he is great value & a slight improvement on defoe

davycc wrote: »
    I wouldnt touch him with his court case looming..
    innocent until proven guilty or not ;)

although he is great value & a slight improvement on defoe

Oh I wouldn't buy him, doubt AVB or Levy would either but he could have been an ideal on loan for a yr

yea he has gone to newcastle on a very cheap deal alright..could have been a bargain for us after all our huge spending spree the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

He's a Yiddo

He's been given No.9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Soldado is a great signing, fair play to Levy for smashing the transfer record twice in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

davycc wrote: »
    yea he has gone to newcastle on a very cheap deal alright..could have been a bargain for us after all our huge spending spree the summer

don't think remy is any good. ba or cisse on the cheap would be good

It's yet to be seen if Mourinho has other plans for Ba, he's very like Drogba

Yea I'd take Ba for definite, we might have a chance if they get Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Yea I'd take Ba for definite, we might have a chance if they get Rooney

True. I'd take lukaku too given the chance. He would give us a very different approach to any of our current options upfront.

You're right. Remy's rubbish:

True. I'd take lukaku too given the chance. He would give us a very different approach to any of our current options upfront.

No chance, Jose fancies him I'd imagine.

i just don't think he's much better than what we have.but your you tube clip has changed my mind.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    No chance, Jose fancies him I'd imagine.

id say he'll be leading the line for chelsea next year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I could show you David Bentley's goal against arsenal and he'd look like the second coming of Christ. Remy is handy and I would have happily taken him on loan but IMHO he's much the same level as Defoe which is 12-15 goal a season player we need a 20+

Id definitly take Ba over JD , Ade & Remy. Would do a smashing job up front & ad some steel & strength after Ades big girls blouse "perfomances" last season..

• Advertisement

You make a good point. Could I perhaps save face by saying Bentley's goal was a total fluke and Remy's was just plain skill? Or am I talking out of a certain orifice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

You make a good point. Could I perhaps save face by saying Bentley's goal was a total fluke and Remy's was just plain skill? Or am I talking out of a certain orifice?

Na, he's just not a clinical goal scorer. Look at his stats in France, never scored more than 20 goals in a season. Marseille sold him for half of what they bought him for.

Plus he chose money at QPR over football at Newcastle when he arrived, surprised the Toon still want him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Why are people talking about Ba?? Chelsea won't sell us a player that will improve our squad unless we offer a ridiculous amount of cash, much like we won't sell them a player (e.g. Modric). It'll still be very much between ourselves, Chelsea and Arsenal for the 3rd and 4th this season, unless Chelsea get in a top striker or we sell Bale without getting adequate replacements. We now have an exceptionally strong first XI with Soldado, Sandro, Demebele, Paulinho and Bale, Chelsea will know this and there isn't a hope in hell they'd do us a favour and sell us Ba at any sort of reasonable price.

There's talk of Hudd to Cardiff for 6m

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I doubt we'll see another high profile striker come in.

AVB doesn't normally play with two strikers so won't see a reason to buy another if both Adebayor and Defoe stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

irishmover wrote: »
    AVB doesn't normally play with two strikers so won't see a reason to buy another if both Adebayor and Defoe stay.

I agree.

We have three decent strikers playing for one position. Ade and JD know Soldado is number one. With it being a World Cup year they will both want to play their way in to the team, the only way to do that is to score goals.

Regardless of what has happened in the past, we all know Ade and JD can score goals if they want to. Hopefully the WC can inspire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Adebayor often drifted out to the wings and I think he could do a job here, he likes to come and collect the ball, for a big man he has a good first touch and he enjoys short one-twos and laying off for and overlapping runners etc.

Defoe & Soldado will have that main striker spot to compete for, AVB commented after the South China game that although he scored a hat-trick the goal he assisted "was very important as it was very unselfish of him"

Would like to see another defender brought in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Some dickhead had sent Bake a death threat. Classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Some dickhead had sent Bake a death threat. Classy.

i heard this also. pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

^^^ gives the rags a couple more new lines to add to the story so they can re-hash it. SSN must be delighted. They'd gone quiet for a few days now they can push their agenda again.

Advertisement