Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yep, and for all we know it could have been a rival fan under the guise of a Spurs fan. Actually, I wouldn't put it past one of the rags being the author!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

bale removed from spurs twitter page - why would this be if he wasnt leaving ????

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

More bull sh1t i'd say.
    Reports are saying he wasnt at the training ground.(so who told him about this threat?)
    Also it says that its unclear weather the police have been informed(Surely if the threat was real then they would be informed and any decent journo would be able to get a statement from them?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mickman wrote: »
    bale removed from spurs twitter page - why would this be if he wasnt leaving ????

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial

Yeah, say that story too - Bale and Dempsey removed and replaced with Lennon and ??? (can't remember)

I'm sure they change the images on a regular basis to keep it fresh but you'd think they would keep the biggest marketing asset on it at all times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Yeah, say that story too - Bale and Dempsey removed and replaced with Lennon and ??? (can't remember)

I'm sure they change the images on a regular basis to keep it fresh but you'd think they would keep the biggest marketing asset on it at all times.

dembele. its very very very suspect that dempsey and bale were removed as we all know that dempsey has been sold

The timing is highly suspicious, i must say this has killed my faith in him staying a little

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

AVB on Dempsey:

“The team is sad to see Clint depart because of his character within the team,” Villas Boas told reporters.

“In the end we had to do some business to help finance some deals in the transfer market and I think the agreement was in everybody’s interest, but the player will be sadly missed.”

We wouldn't need to do this if we're selling Bale, just sayin'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Over night Paddy Power gone from 5/2 in to 2/1 on Bale staying.

I heard that SSN had a story running along the bottom saying something like "Real Madrid have admitted it is unlikely they will sign GB this summer".... any truth in this?

Obviously, I'd take the story with a pinch of salt, but it's odd to see SSN reporting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Bale was with Dempsey on the twitter page, the image was changed to remove Dempsey. I'd say the guy in charge of the twitter image is as much in the dark about Bale as we are.

I heard that SSN had a story running along the bottom saying something like "Real Madrid have admitted it is unlikely they will sign GB this summer".... any truth in this?

Obviously, I'd take the story with a pinch of salt, but it's odd to see SSN reporting it.

That's come out as BS, someone posted an image but it turns out it's from a few weeks ago

I'm just gonna wear my hat for a few more weeks till all this blows over.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaCOdUeATbLReF0gl_IZDgy4cfpkDLDp6YG9mvhj8gG8cvI9Ye

• Advertisement

I don't necessarily agree. This Summer the new TV deal was launched, which if it is to be believed, each Premier League club got £40m.

Two seasons ago, Harry's last season in charge, we made a net profit of £35m.... while last season we broke about even (thanks to the sale of Modric and VDV).

I'm not assuming all the TV money goes in to the transfer kitty, but lets just say £15m does.... that gives us the £50m everyone is talking about.

So far we've got Paulinho (17m) and Chadli (6m) = £23m.

Fingers crossed, next is Soldado (25m) and Lopez (8m) = £33m.

So, in order to break-even (which isn't a necessity for a growing club) we need to sell £5m worth of player.

Rumoured/likely sales

Huddlestone - £5m
    Gomes - £2m
    Parker - £2m
    Khumolo - £1m

I posted this a few weeks ago... since then we have sold Caulker for £9m and Dempsey for £6m.

Putting us in the black by £10m for the last two years - and that's based on us buying Lopez for £6m...

Following AVB's comments about the Dempsey deal and the need to raise funds, could we be seeing a big contract for Bale being signed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I posted this a few weeks ago... since then we have sold Caulker for £9m and Dempsey for £6m.

Putting us in the black by £10m for the last two years - and that's based on us buying Lopez for £6m...

Following AVB's comments about the Dempsey deal and the need to raise funds, could we be seeing a big contract for Bale being signed?

We can surely hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hmmm... I was certain that Lopez would sign for us as he nearly did in January but seems unlikely now that Gomis has joined Newcastle.

Hmmm... I was certain that Lopez would sign for us as he nearly did in January but seems unlikely now that Gomis has joined Newcastle.

Not necessarily. Lopez announced in May that he was leaving Lyon. I'm confident that talks are going on in the background - there has been hints that we are planning on bring in a couple more players.

1098498_565833373475044_1199646138_n.jpg

Discuss.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Some dickhead had sent Bake a death threat. Classy.

Either it's a drunk Arsenal fan...... or, it's Marca's reading of this story - http://www.theweek.co.uk/sports-people/premier-league/54482/gareth-bale-al-qaeda-spurs-real-madrid?

Discuss.

I've looked at this too. RM have spent over £60m already. They are rich, but they are no Monaco, City or PSG (in terms of direct transfer kitty investment).... could they really afford to spend £140m in a transfer window..... ? I appreciate that they've sold £40m worth.

I think they might sell one or two more, and only then will they go for Suarez for about £50m. That will be it for the Summer.

I appreciate that they've sold £40m worth.

What I'm trying to say here is, thanks to the sale of Higuain et al, I think they have about £50m odd left in the kitty. That's why they offered about that much for Bale. We said 'no'..... so the next one down on their list is Suarez.... they have a good chance of getting Suarez at £50m.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Sell Bale and get Rooney and Suarez....then sell Suarez for £70m in 2 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

So Bale attended and took part in training today;
    "Jamie T @mynameisjamiet
    Gareth did train today and he also took part in the players TV walk on filming for Sky Sports. Hence SSN not reporting more on him."

Good to hear, hopefully he'll play at the weekend too.

• Advertisement

Sell Bale and get Rooney and Suarez....then sell Suarez for £70m in 2 years time.

My post made by brain hurt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Na, he's just not a clinical goal scorer. Look at his stats in France, never scored more than 20 goals in a season. Marseille sold him for half of what they bought him for.

Plus he chose money at QPR over football at Newcastle when he arrived, surprised the Toon still want him.

Sure Drogba only scored 20 once in France?

Something positive, Spursofficial just tweeted twice about Bale, breaks the ice:

We've been delighted with the response to the Gareth Bale NBC billboard in Times Square @nyspurs #THFC

The two-week campaign was so popular that it was extended by a further fortnight, which ends today @NYSpurs #THFC

NBC Sports tweeted this right after the Official Spurs Tweet

BRAxab_CEAEp41y.jpg

New contract announcement????? :eek:

NBC Sports tweeted this right after the Official Spurs Tweet

BRAxab_CEAEp41y.jpg

New contract announcement????? :eek:

I'm sure NBC demand some advertising?

I'm sure NBC demand some advertising?

It's very unusual, no mention of Bale since Asia and then tweets within a minute of each other. If you were to believe all the stories, today is supposedly the day Levy meets Perez in Florida.

It's very unusual, no mention of Bale since Asia and then tweets within a minute of each other. If you were to believe all the stories, today is supposedly the day Levy meets Perez in Florida.

Well the tweets were related (they wouldn't fit into one tweet).

Funny how Bale, Suarez and Rooney all have injuries.

I think he'll go. All depends then who ye buy with the money. Ye could easily be a better team with the replacements.

Well the tweets were related (they wouldn't fit into one tweet).

Funny how Bale, Suarez and Rooney all have injuries.

I think he'll go. All depends then who ye buy with the money. Ye could easily be a better team with the replacements.

The tweets are from different sources, Spursofficial and NBC. The NBC tweet was tweeted 30 secs after the Spursofficial. Quite clearly coordinated

Word is, Bale trained today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭slegs

Even assuming he wants to go, if a deal cant be done he will be staying. Either way Spurs will be fine and Bale is professional enough to get over it.

I believe RM dont have the cash to meet the deal that Levy/Lewis will want and the only way that a compromise will be met is if Spurs get cash (50m GBP) and both Contrao and Morato (or maybe Di Maria).

I cant see this happening as RM dont want to lose Morato and Di Maria wont comet us so the deal will fall through and Bale with get on with it. This notion that he wont play or will sulk etc is a load of crap. He may want to go but if it doesnt come off so be it.

• Advertisement

Two more tweets from SpursOfficial

Changing our Twitter background seems to have created a bit of a frenzy. With Clint leaving the Club, it was time for an image change #THFC

Gareth was on that background too. Did anyone notice? We change our social media backgrounds regularly and feature all players. #THFC

Advertisement