Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

More tweets saying this is deffo spursofficial, not a hacked Twitter account. Spurs have learned to troll...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWMRSeYESJDn5KLMcCcSv7uF4YwhsHyt-1p733wdQrq326cHGC

Suarez announced in the last few mins he's handing in a transfer request. Good news is he wants to go to Real instead of Arsenal

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-luis-suarez-favours-switch-to-real-madrid-over-arsenal-8748553.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Sure Drogba only scored 20 once in France?

Possibly the worst comparison ever. Drogba scored 32 in all comps in one season for Marseille and is probably regarded by their fans in similar fashion to Cantona at United.

In the space of two seasons his value went from 80k to 3.3m to 24m...

Word also has it Liverpool don't want to sell Suarez to another premiership club. Hopefully this entices Perez to swoop. They need a striker, not a winger.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Would give anything to see Madrid turn their attention away from Bale and sign Suarez instead.Would seriously weaken Liverpool and deprive the gooners their number 1 transfer target........fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Would give anything to see Madrid turn their attention away from Bale and sign Suarez instead.Would seriously weaken Liverpool and deprive the gooners their number 1 transfer target........fingers crossed.

definitly dream outcome for us:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

NBC Sports tweeted this right after the Official Spurs Tweet

BRAxab_CEAEp41y.jpg

New contract announcement????? :eek:

11 days to start of new season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrYyPk6tIGpin7W2n4j7gOqb5nmoBxSqH8_vOdsBJM-OIj4FXlQw

Word also has it Liverpool don't want to sell Suarez to another premiership club. Hopefully this entices Perez to swoop. They need a striker, not a winger.

Yeah, Perez saves some face by still splashing out over £40m on one of the top strikers in Europe, not to mention the fact that they need a striker and Bale will have to wait until next summer. Win-Win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I'm surprised no-one has commented on Ronaldo's less than effusive comments on Bale at his press conference. Instead of the usual guff about it being great to welcome world class players to the squad he said he wasn't the person to ask was Bale worth the money and Real already had a great squad. It was far from welcoming and I couldn't help but wonder was he sick of hearing about Bale. This could be either than he is insanely egotistic and wants to retain the World's most expensive player tag and also wants to be the undisputed No.1 at Real (both of which are more than plausible explanations).

Or, it just might be that the Bale saga is being used as a stick with which to beat Ronaldo. He is on record as saying he is annoyed his contract was never improved since he arrived. How do you improve a gigantic salary unless it is with another gigantic chunk of wedge.He is constantly on about how he might leave, as if there were lots of options at clubs which would massage his ego financially and professionally (Utd and Barca are the only two professional options and neither are going to bite for obviously different reasons). Maybe, Real are hoping to get Ronaldo to extend his contract cheaply and then pick up Bale next year for more realistic money than 100M+. I just cannot see how they are goign to upset their 50 goal a year striker by paying 150M (including wages) for a winger who would be doing phenomenally well to score half that.

Its just my thought for the day. I'll have a different one tomorrow.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I'm surprised no-one has commented on Ronaldo's less than effusive comments on Bale at his press conference. Instead of the usual guff about it being great to welcome world class players to the squad he said he wasn't the person to ask was Bale worth the money and Real already had a great squad. It was far from welcoming and I couldn't help but wonder was he sick of hearing about Bale. This could be either than he is insanely egotistic and wants to retain the World's most expensive player tag and also wants to be the undisputed No.1 at Real (both of which are more than plausible explanations).

Or, it just might be that the Bale saga is being used as a stick with which to beat Ronaldo. He is on record as saying he is annoyed his contract was never improved since he arrived. How do you improve a gigantic salary unless it is with another gigantic chunk of wedge.He is constantly on about how he might leave, as if there were lots of options at clubs which would massage his ego financially and professionally (Utd and Barca are the only two professional options and neither are going to bite for obviously different reasons). Maybe, Real are hoping to get Ronaldo to extend his contract cheaply and then pick up Bale next year for more realistic money than 100M+. I just cannot see how they are goign to upset their 50 goal a year striker by paying 150M (including wages) for a winger who would be doing phenomenally well to score half that.

Its just my thought for the day. I'll have a different one tomorrow.:rolleyes:

You're reading too much into it, he was asked for a comment and said he would not comment, exactly what all the others should have done

You're reading too much into it, he was asked for a comment and said he would not comment, exactly what all the others should have done

I dunno did you see it but he said something like "I am not the person to ask if he is worth the money" and "we already have great players at Real". His english is good and , for me, it was a long way from "I prefer not to comment on newspaper speculation". In any case the standard media-trained response in these situations is to say it is great to have the squad strengthened and increase the competition for places etc etc. He most certainly didn't say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Would give anything to see Madrid turn their attention away from Bale and sign Suarez instead.

The transfer window is all about smoke and mirrors. I'd say Suarez is high on Real's list. They know Spurs won't sell for £50m, but keep their interest in the media in order to effect the Suarez price.

Rumours maybe VDV maybe coming back, please, please

I was only thinking about this the other day. He only moved back to German for the sake of his wife/marriage if I recall correctly and thats ended afaik.

Only probably is that he isn't really an AVB type player.

I was only thinking about this the other day. He only moved back to German for the sake of his wife/marriage if I recall correctly and thats ended afaik.

Only probably is that he isn't really an AVB type player.

He fits perfectly in the hole behind the striker, a better fit than Dempsey was. I could see AVB offloading Siggy and replacing him with VDV

He fits perfectly in the hole behind the striker, a better fit than Dempsey was. I could see AVB offloading Siggy and replacing him with VDV

Defo a better replacement then Dempsey but I don't think Dempsey was an AVB signing to begin with.

Still, we live in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Any sources there?? He's captain of Hamburg and just got his new missus (ex-wife's best mate Sabia Boulharouz) pregnant. Couldn't see it happening.

Any sources there?? He's captain of Hamburg and just got his new missus (ex-wife's best mate Sabia Boulharouz) pregnant. Couldn't see it happening.

Can't see any sources, lots of posts mentioning it but followed it back and nothing solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Don't want vdv back

He is past his best and would cry like a baby if he wasn't in the first eleven every week

Ronaldo also said ' I have my own opinion on whether bale is worth the money but I will keep it to myself'. In other words he thinks bale is not worth the cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Reports coming out of Russia that the Anzhi owner has sacked the manager and put the whole squad up for sale.Willian anyone?

Reports coming out of Russia that the Anzhi owner has sacked the manager and put the whole squad up for sale.Willian anyone?

They paid ridiculous money for him in the first place. Would be worth a punt if we lost Bale but otherwise I'd rather see the money spent on another striker and a CB

After that whole Twitter storm in a teacup over taking GB's image down, the Spurs Media team should put a picture of Kenny McEvoy up in Bale's profile on the TottenhamHotspur.com site...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

VDV, eh no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

If we are looking for someone to play off the main striker then we should go for Christian Eriksen of Ajax,Superb player

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Lots of people gave out about VDV, he was a luxury player....he used to pop up all over the place, taking the ball off BAE,Kaboul etc...
    Loved him...
    but now he's just a fond memory..

Bernard,Eriksson,Willian, Lamela, Salah.
    any of them please..

I don't think we're looking for a 'behind the striker' player.

We'll be playing a 4-3-3

Sandro

Paulinho - Dembele

Lennon
    Bale

Soldado

The likes of an Eriksen would be nice, but it'd be tough keeping everyone happy. We have three strong and well established players there, I think we should be looking for promising less-established players who wouldn't expect to be starting every week.

Advertising works.... http://www.nbcsports.com/premierleague - we're the most preferred team by NBC viewers.

As I said a while ago, we're creating a global brand - starting with America. Bale is a part of that.

Lots of people gave out about VDV, he was a luxury player....he used to pop up all over the place, taking the ball off BAE,Kaboul etc...
    Loved him...
    but now he's just a fond memory..

Bernard,Eriksson,Willian, Lamela, Salah.
    any of them please..

A couple of seasons ago I remember calculating Spurs got 10 points out of a possible 30 from the bottom 5 teams. Entirely down to players who couldn't be bothered scrapping or imposing their class on poorer opposition.

Please no more talk about VDV, 11 class players playing for the team is what you need and what AVB is striving towards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Advertising works.... http://www.nbcsports.com/premierleague - we're the most preferred team by NBC viewers.

As I said a while ago, we're creating a global brand - starting with America. Bale is a part of that.

:D Your building a great case that he's staying, I'll give you that.

Advertisement