Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    :D Your building a great case that he's staying, I'll give you that.

I'm an optimist. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I can feel it in my lions lads! .....oh and bale is staying too ;-)

Deal agreed for Etienne Capoue

http://www.football365.fr/france/infos-clubs/toulouse/toulouse-e-capoue-va-signer-a-tottenham-1048743.shtml

I don't know much about him... anyone got any info? €10m apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

http://www.football365.fr/france/infos-clubs/toulouse/toulouse-e-capoue-va-signer-a-tottenham-1048743.shtml

Haven't even heard of him, looks decent from his wiki page though, either a DM or CB, capped at all level with France and was even captain of the U-21s. Must be Caulkers replacement so. €10m seems a bit steep though, considering he's 25, but again, I've never seen him play so my opinion doesn't really count for much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Possibly the worst comparison ever. Drogba scored 32 in all comps in one season for Marseille and is probably regarded by their fans in similar fashion to Cantona at United.

In the space of two seasons his value went from 80k to 3.3m to 24m...

Sure, use stats to back up your argument and then when the facts are thrown back in your face you give another reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Quick, someone check Football Manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

What's the story with this guy chief, don't know much about him, another midfielder :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

What's the story with this guy chief, don't know much about him, another midfielder :confused:

hopefully he's like viera!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Think he can play in defence too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

We wish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Initially I thought this was an odd move but I think its a very clever one. Sandro is not going to be fit for the start of the season and will need to be eased back in after such a serious injury. The only other option is Parker and tbh I think there's more chance he will be sold or loaned if this guy signs.

Having players who can slot into 2 critical roles will also be invaluable, especially if we make an assault on the EL again.

Been reading up on Capoue, he's a very versatile defensive player. Cover for Kaboul and Sandro in one player. AVB really likes players that can play all over the pitch

He has played over 32 league games a season each of the last five seasons, so injuries shouldn't be an issue. Toulouse obviously had faith in him, throwing him in to the first team week-in week-out since he was 19/20.

Even better news is that he was a Gooner target. I'm on mobile so can't post a screenie but type Ettienne Capoue into google and you'll see Arsenal search options. Nice

Even better news is that he was a Gooner target. I'm on mobile so can't post a screenie but type Ettienne Capoue into google and you'll see Arsenal search options. Nice

Let's not count our chickens just yet. Going by our previous efforts this summer it could be a couple of weeks before we see him holding the jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

You might not be wrong there, I said before that Paulinho was a Viera type player and this guy might be too, AVB is assembling a squad of immense dimension! Great write up on Capoue here:

Capoue is the type of player to guard the back line, capable of dropping into defence if need be, but he added goals to his game last season, finishing the campaign with 7 league strikes. He is the fulcrum to Toulouse's game and fans of the club are right to fear his departure.

The tall anchorman dictates the play from deep for the Ligue 1 outfit, averaging over ten more passes per game than any other teammate, with 63.9. That figure is in fact, only bettered by Lille's Florent Balmont in the entire division, indicating Toulouse's tendency to play through their star man.

It's good, then, that Capoue isn't the sort of play to shy away from the ball, and he's all-action on the field, breaking up play and using his body well to outmuscle opponents. His average of 2.4 tackles per game will certainly attract suitors, while a further 2.6 interceptions per match highlights his ability to read the play and take up the correct oppositions to nullify attacks.

http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/ev1jrlwbn0uiclykffaowg/Show#.UgKo90fmmE8.twitter

Give that man a jersey, quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Sure, use stats to back up your argument and then when the facts are thrown back in your face you give another reason.

Tell me this young man. Do you likes Armadillos? Smooth on the inside, crunchy on the outside...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Times reporting we now moving for Willian. Yes please...would be nice to keep a signing for deadline day though!:D. Love the business we have been doing to date

Levy wants 100m stg for GB...In levy we trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Times reporting we now moving for Willian. Yes please...would be nice to keep a signing for deadline day though!:D. Love the business we have been doing to date

Levy wants 100m stg for GB...In levy we trust.

Should also add a deadline date, maybe 2 days before the first game of the season or no sale. Really don't need this sh1t carrying on til September. Hope he stays but this fcukery is just going to overshadow everything else. I'm sure its not helping the managers planning for the new season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Tall squad.

Capoue – 6′ 2″
    Sandro 6′ 2″
    Paulinho 6′
    Chadli 6′ 2″
    Siggy 6′ 1″
    Verts 6′ 2″
    Kaboom 6′
    Daws 6′ 2″

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Tall squad.

Capoue – 6′ 2″
    Sandro 6′ 2″
    Paulinho 6′
    Chadli 6′ 2″
    Siggy 6′ 1″
    Verts 6′ 2″
    Kaboom 6′
    Daws 6′ 2″

Maybe we will be able to score a headed goal and defend a corner for the first time ever !!

This new guy signals the end for Hudd / Livermore and Parker for sure. Avb is ripping through the job and we have so many new faces it could take time to gel !!

Another thing, all these new players score goals from midfield

Preparing for life without bales goals ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Tall squad.

Capoue – 6′ 2″
    Sandro 6′ 2″
    Paulinho 6′
    Chadli 6′ 2″
    Siggy 6′ 1″
    Verts 6′ 2″
    Kaboom 6′
    Daws 6′ 2″

Genuinely would of thought siggy was no more then 5'8" ... Surely Bale Ade and Soldado are 6+ too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Nobody kinda hoping Suarez goes to Arsenal? Makes a mockery of the club and then they don't get CL making his departure for CL football hilarious?

Kold wrote: »
    Nobody kinda hoping Suarez goes to Arsenal? Makes a mockery of the club and then they don't get CL making his departure for CL football hilarious?

Must hand it to rogers , he is not taking any crap from that weasel Suarez

mickman wrote: »
    Maybe we will be able to score a headed goal and defend a corner for the first time ever !!

This new guy signals the end for Hudd / Livermore and Parker for sure. Avb is ripping through the job and we have so many new faces it could take time to gel !!

We should be a major threat from set pieces, hoping this year we pose more of a threat. Defence to me still looks ropey at times. CB partnership is key, we seem to always be plagued with injuries in this department. High hopes for Rose and for Walker to buckle down. Our attacking options are starting to look very sexy.

mickman wrote: »
    Another thing, all these new players score goals from midfield

Preparing for life without bales goals ?

Nope. Most likely adding to Bale's goals. Sure if we only replace his goals we'll end up 5th!!

Tall squad.

Capoue – 6′ 2″
    Sandro 6′ 2″
    Paulinho 6′
    Chadli 6′ 2″
    Siggy 6′ 1″
    Verts 6′ 2″
    Kaboom 6′
    Daws 6′ 2″

Did you wake up this morning at 7.30am and think "you know what - we have a very tall squad now, I think I'll post about that" :D:D

• Advertisement

Did you wake up this morning at 7.30am and think "you know what - we have a very tall squad now, I think I'll post about that" :D:D

Pretty much, certain players surprised me. Going back a few seasons our squad was munchkin. Size will be beneficial in midfield.

Advertisement