Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aviva Stadium

• 25-02-2011 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭

Anyone know if its ok to take cameras inside - Have premium tix to the Ireland game march 26th - Would love to bring my kit along

thanks in advance

Surfer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 studmystro84

i think its ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

thank you !

thank you !

your welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I went to a Leinster game last Nov with my kit and nothing was said to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

sweet - chance to break out the D7000 - cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

all depends on how close you are to the pitch and what type of lenses you are using.

Technically ... its not allowed - but most of the time its just ignored.

if asked by the stewards to put the camera away ... do that.

PCPhoto wrote: »
    all depends on how close you are to the pitch and what type of lenses you are using.

Technically ... its not allowed - but most of the time its just ignored.

if asked by the stewards to put the camera away ... do that.

theres no reason for him to put away the camera.if that was the case then they could ask anybody with a camera phone/point&shoot camera to put them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kevvhayes

Brought my camera and lenses to the FAI cup final last november and there was no problem using it. was 5 rows from the pitch. oh... and the result was perfect too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Aviva is my health insurance company.. and I don't give a flying **** through a rolling doughnut about sport.. but please.. call is Lansdowne Road, regardless of what the company that paid to rebuild it wants it called. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

theres no reason for him to put away the camera.if that was the case then they could ask anybody with a camera phone/point&shoot camera to put them away.

Unfortunately that's not how it goes when you have a Dslr. They will view you as a lot different than someone with a phone cam. Especially of you use a big zoom. They will see it as you shooting for commercial gain and there will be no arguing with them or they'll eject you.

I had a pass for a gig last night but it didn't cover the headline act. I was told right before they came on that I couldn't shoot them. I asked if I could shoot from further back at the bar, and was told no, even though there was compact cameras and phones snapping away. So I just left. No point pleading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

There is a reason to put it away. They have the power to eject you from the venue. Listen to the stewards and work with them.

In general, you'll have no problems (depending on the lens you use), but remember, they can ask you to put it away and they can eject you if you don't obey them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the stewards have to look at it from a crowd enjoyment and safety point of view. plus, there's the commercial aspect too; a picture taken from the stands on a cameraphone is hardly likely to be of commercial value.

Advertisement