Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford launch for Metalman Pale Ale

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Best of luck with that.

Be sure to keep us informed on pubs/off licences that are selling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Surprised that the metal man is not in the logo. Think that would have looked cool.

Regardless, best of luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Surprised that the metal man is not in the logo. Think that would have looked cool.

Regardless, best of luck with it!

Trademarked in someway maybe? Although I'm not even sure could you.

ziedth wrote: »
    Trademarked in someway maybe? Although I'm not even sure could you.

How about bottles shaped like those pillars :)

I'd be afraid to put the picture on it, the farmer might give you a chase.

Seriously though, I think something like the old Cunningham's logo would look well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

The logo is a savage Art Deco feel to it and designed by a Waterford man too

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYxCM6l_S32TA0YJ7QedX4U1j2zq4tgH8CpB1gcfqIYo62zZOC

• Advertisement

oblivious wrote: »

It does make me think of Fritz Lang's Metropolis. And I do think its a nice logo. I just don't really get the connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Its a nice design and all, but what has Waterford got to do with the art deco movement?

Who designed it? I agree it looks deadly...just, like the others, I dont see the relevance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

Designed by vitamin studios; http://www.vitaminstudio.ie/

Like the logo but dont really get the connection with metalman either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Now it he'd just put a centre 'point' sticking up from the blue bit, remeniscent of the Metalman towers, it would have worked!

A.

• Advertisement

Incidentally. what is it with all this "find us on facebook" crap. Just give us the address already.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Other then the name I honestly don't see any connection to Tramore, Waterford or even Ireland in the logo, art deco logo suggests 1920's american which this surely is not.

Don't get me wrong I think its great somebody is willing to launch something like this a start a small business but the logo wasn't a good choice imho,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

best of luck with it mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Why does the logo have to have a connection with Waterford or the Metalman? I know that would be the most obvious thing to use as the basis for the company's logo but it doesn't have to be.

Why does the logo have to have a connection with Waterford or the Metalman? I know that would be the most obvious thing to use as the basis for the company's logo but it doesn't have to be.

You are right, but usually it does show a connection.

Perhaps its all part of a master plan. Everyone is talking about the logo, so it has certainly been effective. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I don't like the logo but I don't drink the logo either so I couldn't give a flying feck what the logo looks like. As long as I can get a nice steam off the stuff then I'm happy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Look honestly everything Irish doesn't have to have hocky little shamrock or some rural image in the picture, it's a good piece of design from a purely aesthetic stand point. The name is the connection to where it's from, it doesn't need to be more than that.
    If anything for people who like beer they might view a slightly american styling as something good, as right now it's the king of the micro brewing countries.

Who designed it? I agree it looks deadly...just, like the others, I dont see the relevance.

where is the facebook link?

Apparently the figure of the Metalman statue already trademarked, so that should answer all the query’s about the logo design

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 viking2011

Metalman Pale Ale has just arrived in Revolution Bar - and will be all over the city in a few weeks. It is chilling at the moment and will be on tap from tonight in time for the Man U Game - the Vic in Tramore are getting a delivery today as well.
    I hope all the locals will support this local beer industry and make its Waterford's Best!

• Advertisement

Pale does pale ale taste like? I had a pint if this wierd looking **** called hoegarden(spelling?) once in geoffs that was wierd but drinkable, kind of a wierd "pale" white colour.

ziedth wrote: »
    Pale does pale ale taste like? I had a pint if this wierd looking **** called hoegarden(spelling?) once in geoffs that was wierd but drinkable, kind of a wierd "pale" white colour.

Hoegarden is a Beligan wit (white wheat beer) that has a very phenolicy yeast. I have nopt tried metalman pale yeat but i suspect weith would be something along the lines of Galway hooker or Serva nevada pale ale. Slightly malty beer with some nice citrus american hops

Hoegarden is a Beligan wit (white wheat beer) that has a very phenolicy yeast. I have nopt tried metalman pale yeat but i suspect weith would be something along the lines of Galway hooker or Serva nevada pale ale. Slightly malty beer with some nice citrus american hops

Cheers,

Everything apart from the word Galway in your post went over my head :) I'll def give it a try next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

viking2011 wrote: »
    Metalman Pale Ale has just arrived in Revolution Bar - and will be all over the city in a few weeks. It is chilling at the moment and will be on tap from tonight in time for the Man U Game - the Vic in Tramore are getting a delivery today as well.
    I hope all the locals will support this local beer industry and make its Waterford's Best!

Is it available in bottles aswell as draught?

Revolution in Waterford are now serving Metalman Pale Ale, enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

cant wait to taste this

best of luck with it guys, hope it does well.... we need a nice selection of beers around town

fair play to flash too he's always eager to get stuck in o support local stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 viking2011

First night with Metalman Pale Ale --- good reaction generally -
    lager looking, malting in taste with a citrus bite!
    try it yourselves over the weekend -
    hope ye like it -
    its good to support what the city has to offer

first guys to taste it today were to Northern Ireland guys
    loved it and had 3 pints each!

It’s also been currently served at L. Mulligan Grocer and the Bull & Castle Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Tried this (extensively) in Bull & Castle in Dublin tonight. A few Waterford ex-pats and myself dropped in for a taste.

Good:
    Excellent beer. Superb fresh taste with a lovely sharp aftertaste.

Bad:
    All Metalman gone before 10.30. For Christ's sake don't launch a beer if you can't even supply the launch.

I'm not sure if the people behind the beer are reading this, but if you are, supplying 7 small kegs to a major pub is amateur.
    Running out just after 10 is incompetent.
    I brought a goup of people to a city centre pub to try a new beer - those that tasted it loved it. Some of them couldn't get it.

By the way, as regards the logo - the things in Tramore mean nothing to anyone outside Waterford. I've shown the logo extensively in Dublin and the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive. It's a great piece of work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

I hope there is some off this left in Revolution tonight, I'll be popping in there for a taste!! I think the logo is great, eye catching, and as was said earlier, there is no rule stating that if you launch a Waterford product you have to have a Waterford emblem on it.......

Advertisement