Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford launch for Metalman Pale Ale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Bad:
    All Metalman gone before 10.30. For Christ's sake don't launch a beer if you can't even supply the launch.

I'm not sure if the people behind the beer are reading this, but if you are, supplying 7 small kegs to a major pub is amateur.

In fairness to them 1) there was much more up take of the launch than anticipated

2) It had been on sale since the day before and was sell more than anticipated

3) It’s on rotating tap which will limit the amount of kegs that be kept on site at anyone time

The world's first trademark and iconic logo that has not nothing to do with beer, it’s just a red triangle

Bass_logo1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

if people are so bothered about the branding of the product why don't they set up their own deise beer, in blue bottles wit pictures of john mullane and the 3 ships on it.....Metalman have gone away from that kinda local junk marketing and have ambitious plans for this, while keeping it as local as possible in the naming of their ale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

if people are so bothered about the branding of the product why don't they set up their own deise beer, in blue bottles wit pictures of john mullane and the 3 ships on it.....Metalman have gone away from that kinda local junk marketing and have ambitious plans for this, while keeping it as local as possible in the naming of their ale

We are waaaaay ahead of you Calvin.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70484176&postcount=26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Went in for a taste last night. Very tasty stuff, nice almost citrus aftertaste.

Regardless of thoughts on the branding the tap sticks out a mile from the usual suspects.

Looking forward to increased availability and further beers from the brewers.

• Advertisement

c - 13 wrote: »
    Went in for a taste last night. Very tasty stuff, nice almost citrus aftertaste.

That's the Amarillo hops and it's a lovely pint

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Swinng

I have had a few of this over the last view days and really like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I like to see people registering especially to promote a local product. :)

Is it being stocked in any off-licences?

I'd imagine Ardkeen Stores would give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

Its not available in bottles is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 foxylad2

Not in bottles at the moment.
    Draught roll out from next week
    You should see it apearing round john st very soon.

foxylad2 wrote: »
    Not in bottles at the moment.
    Draught roll out from next week
    You should see it apearing round john st very soon.

Already in revolution on draught according to this thread

very tasty, lovely citrus taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

just watching nationwide & seems that Dungarvan brew is doing nicely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Marc Agony

I got invited to the launch by a friend in CiddyTours and had a good few pints of the Metalman. Its a lovely flavourful beer with a nice citrus, to me grapefruity, aftertaste. I was well impressed and would nearly go to Revolution specifically to drink it - and I'm no fan of the place.

Oh and I love the logo too, it really stands out from the crowd - as does the beer. With this and the Dungarvan Brewing Co beer we are beginning to get spoilt, next we need a micro brewery pub in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Marc Agony wrote: »
    I got invited to the launch by a friend in CiddyTours and had a good few pints of the Metalman. Its a lovely flavourful beer with a nice citrus, to me grapefruity, aftertaste. I was well impressed and would nearly go to Revolution specifically to drink it - and I'm no fan of the place.

Oh and I love the logo too, it really stands out from the crowd - as does the beer. With this and the Dungarvan Brewing Co beer we are beginning to get spoilt, next we need a micro brewery pub in Waterford.

Can't wait to sample this beer. Will have to make a point of going into Revolution as, like you, I'm not a big fan. And totally agree on the part in bold. What are the chances The Porterhouse fancy expanding down this direction! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Anywhere else in Dublin serving it apart from the 2 places mentioned??

Could do with educating the peeps up here about Waterford as for the last 12 years they all seem to think I'm from Wexford no matter how many times I tell em.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Didn't think much of it tbh. Then again, I didn't like the Dungarvan stuff either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Marc Agony wrote: »
    grapefruity

I was excited to try this in The Franciscan Well, Cork until I read this. This is what has put me off most of the pale ales I've tried. Up until recently I thought grapefruitiness was inherent to the style, but I was given a few non-grapefruity PAs recently.

I'll give Metalman a try all the same.

Woah! I thought I was in the beer forum.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There is a launch tonight in The Vic Tramore at 9pm, finger food and live music with Cadillac Duo from 10pm also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 VitaminDave

Very interesting to hear all the different thoughts about the MetalMan Brewing Co. logo! Our brief was to come up with an art-deco inspired logo which we aged and distressed to give it a bit of a steampunk feel. We did experiment with several ways of incorporating the MetalMan icon onto the logo, but in the end, we felt that it wouldn't generally be recognised outside the Co. Waterford area, so we went with a much more simplified, punchy design.

Here's the latest artwork for the first MetalMan seasonal brew, interested to hear your opinions!
    [/URL]

lovely pale ale, hoping it is a success

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

I love the design but not too gone on the colours - particularly the turquoise? I would prefer colours which convey a more "organic" feel.
    Very interesting to hear all the different thoughts about the MetalMan Brewing Co. logo! Our brief was to come up with an art-deco inspired logo which we aged and distressed to give it a bit of a steampunk feel. We did experiment with several ways of incorporating the MetalMan icon onto the logo, but in the end, we felt that it wouldn't generally be recognised outside the Co. Waterford area, so we went with a much more simplified, punchy design.

Here's the latest artwork for the first MetalMan seasonal brew, interested to hear your opinions!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Dave; Feel free to chatter away but no plugging of your business - sales@boards.ie for advertising please.

On a side note, fantastic design and keep it up.

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Note

Dave; Feel free to chatter away but no plugging of your business - sales@boards.ie for advertising please.

On a side note, fantastic design and keep it up.

Hehehe, thought I might have been a bit cheeky alright! ;)
    No worries, I'll keep the plugs out of it!

Cheers,

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Hehehe, thought I might have been a bit cheeky alright! ;)
    No worries, I'll keep the plugs out of it!

Cheers,

D.

where in the city besides revolution is the beer available?

O Riain wrote: »
    where in the city besides revolution is the beer available?
    The Vic in Tramore and soon to the Cove Bar on the Dunmore Road I believe. Check out the metalmanbrewing website for up to date info, I only look after the graphics (and of course, plenty of sampling research!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Im looking at the Logo and all i can think of is BioShock. It looks as if Metal Man is the unofficial beer of Rapture!

Can I post the logo?
    I'm not advertising (I've no connection to the people involved) and I think its relevant to the thread.

windjammer-font-transparent-bground2.png
    I think it looks good for the Tall Ships, if that's what its meant for.

• Advertisement

That logo looks great hope it gets good use for the tall ships!

Advertisement