Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software to use

Options
  • 25-02-2011 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I've been attempting to produce music for a month or two now, and I feel im getting into the swing of things. I'm actually quite uneducated on music software and was wondering which program do most people professional/amateur use? Atm im using FL but I don't really like it that much.

Cheers,

Richie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SonasRec

The 2 most commonly used DAWs in the pro audio world are Pro tools & Logic. Reaper is also a program that a lot of people have great time for. It's inexpensive and customizable.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbXNBb_NepZaoNy-AOg_Rss_--OSRYrEmrUeJTb4loQ3V0w0G3&t=1

And get the fun back....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Posting in the main forum will probably get more replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ColinoBryne

reason is used widely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

I reckon Logic and Pro Tools is way too complex to begin with. If you just want to get a few tracks down and get into using software, get yourself an Apple Mac of some sort and start with Garageband. When you get used to that and if you think you need more from your software then start looking at Logic and Pro Tools. (Both of which will also work on a Mac)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

then again, FL Studio is a pretty nice program to help you understand the mechanics of using software to create music. The learning curve is not too steep and you quickly understand how things happen and why. There's plenty to recommend it for a beginner and beyond.

Once you've got a handle on things then you can move on with more objectivity. That was my experience of it anyway.

Advertisement