Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half rule on commercial vehicle

Options
  • 24-02-2011 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I got a van on a business hire purchase agreement from boi finance ,i have well over the amount paid back to them. I wrote the letter to them telling them i wanted to return the van through the half rule ,got a phone call the next day from them telling me that a business hp agreement is not covered by the half rule. is this true i cant find any documentation to say it s true or not

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

s ger wrote: »
    I got a van on a business hire purchase agreement from boi finance ,i have well over the amount paid back to them. I wrote the letter to them telling them i wanted to return the van through the half rule ,got a phone call the next day from them telling me that a business hp agreement is not covered by the half rule. is this true i cant find any documentation to say it s true or not

thats correct. the half rule is for consumers as its part of the consumer credit act. You would have got a business lease/finance agreement which is not regulated under the consumer credit act as you are not a consumer. You are a business customer.

The bank are correct on this one unfortunately for you.

Advertisement