Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Normal" up/down ratio for ADSL?

• 25-02-2011 3:03pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was sure there was a networking subforum but can't find it. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I'm just wondering what a normal/average ratio for U/DLoad speeds on an ADSL line are? After a bit of fiddling on the part of my ISP I finally have a stable connection at 3.5Mbsp down/350kbps up or 10:1. Previously, I was operating on about 2MBps/750kbps or 3:1 although this was more flaky and often required router restarts.

The last tech I spoke to told me the current upload speed is completely normal for my type of line/distance from DSLAM but I have my doubts. It's a bit of a pain when I'm uploading batches of photos or other large files as not only is it slow but it throttles my DL speed at the same time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

There's a broadband forum....I'll move this there. Mine is 384 up and 8Mb down iirc.

Advertisement