Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone ever get mistaken for being non irish and then gets abuse to boot????

• 25-02-2011 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Has happened to me a few times now. My Grandad's father was indian, so the dark skin has passed down to my mother, and on to me too. Although i wouldnt look anywhere near as foreign as me mum, i dont look irish either!
    Anyway, i was in town last year and i wasnt looking where i was going and accidently bumped into an old lady, i of course apologised immediately and picked up her shopping bag, as you would, when she grabbed it off me and said 'stupid foreigner, would you ever go back home!'(sweet old lady, eh?:confused:).
    The latest was a couple of weeks ago when on a night out and of course two of the lads who tend to get a bit rowdy when drunk started the usual ****e outside a pub, so after they decided they might have bitten off more than they could chew, we legged it, after which a voice roars out 'keep running, you fcuking tan'.:pac::pac::pac: Of course we all got a good laugh out of this, as they know the deal with the way i look too. It doesnt bother me that much tbh. Ive got thick skin, and i always find it quite funny anyway. i just want to hear if others have experienced this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

bumpin this bitch! (im bored tonight, sorry!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I got a taxi home the other night and when I got out I slammed the door quite hard by accident. My OH was in the car paying and the taxi driver said to him "why do Asians always slam doors". I have very pale white skin and don't look remotely Asian :confused: He was a very strange man though. Couldn't wait to get out of the car

Advertisement