Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental price

Options
  • 25-02-2011 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi I'm not sure if this the right place for this thread, so please feel free to move it if not.

I was wondering about the cost of renting a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment in Dun Na coiribe and are there any specific letting agents or contacts. Are the properties any good? are they quiet etc.
    My daughter and her friend are 2nd year nuig students and not into the partying etc, preferring to go out in town and keep their place party free. She's looked at Myola park, but they seem to be big 6 bed houses. Are there smaller places with two bathrooms, but not hazel park or Laurel park?

All feedback would be gratefully received, thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can search daft like this: http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=Dun+Na+coiribe+site%3Adaft.ie&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Ads in Galway Advertiser http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=Dun+Na+coiribe+site%3Aadvertiser.ie&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

This will show you properties with those particular keywords and you can see prices etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Do not move there. My aunt owns one and it has been vacant a few months as my cousin had to move out. They are so badly maintained by Winters, never checked on and the noise levels are horrendous. My cousin often drove home to stay with her parents in the middle of the night. There are abandoned cars left there and wing-mirrors kicked in regularly. It just does not work having professionals and students living together as they hours clash. I would strongly recommend against it. Find a smaller house in Newcastle etc, no way would I recommend Dún na Coiribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

Hi there, Id recomment gort na coiribe. just around the corner from dun na coiribe. we are in fact just moving out of our two bed apt. its a nice area. lived in dun before and found it grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

My wife and I live in Dun na coiribe and it's pretty quiet. Some evenings there may be a bit of shouting from people on the way home from the pub, beginning and end of year a few parties going on, but on the whole it's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

if your daughters are not into loud noise / partying then I suggest that they steer well clear of the "student villages" and apartments near the college.

they should be looking for a small house in a residential area such as corrib park, shantalla, highfield park, claddagh, etc. where they can rent in an area with well established families/renters/owners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

full of hooligans today anyway if reports are to be believed...

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Yeah I just got back from work at it's a mess, the guards are around but babysitting rather than being effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

if your daughters are not into loud noise / partying then I suggest that they steer well clear of the "student villages" and apartments near the college.

they should be looking for a small house in a residential area such as corrib park, shantalla, highfield park, claddagh, etc. where they can rent in an area with well established families/renters/owners.

Thanks, are these areas far from the college? Someone also mentioned the Plaza apartments above Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Glen na tra is a grand spot. Across from Galway Bay Fm

Advertisement