Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostgator & .IE Domain

Options
  • 25-02-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Lads,

Just registered a .ie domain with letshost but when put in my 2 DNS codes it wont accept, says error please contact host account.

Does anyone know if hostgator can actually host .ie domains or do I need to buy a hosting account with letshost or other Irish web hosts?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Perhaps best to contact LetsHost. (they have livechat/email/phone)

They may have transfer/dns restrictions on their .ie domains or possibly disable making changes until the domains are actually registed/approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭.danindudlin

theshamu wrote: »
    Lads,

Just registered a .ie domain with letshost but when put in my 2 DNS codes it wont accept, says error please contact host account.

Does anyone know if hostgator can actually host .ie domains or do I need to buy a hosting account with letshost or other Irish web hosts?

Cheers

I have a few .ie domains running fine on hostgator - even bought from letshost

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭theshamu

zAbbo wrote: »
    Perhaps best to contact LetsHost. (they have livechat/email/phone)

They may have transfer/dns restrictions on their .ie domains or possibly disable making changes until the domains are actually registed/approved.

There email support is terrible, only getting 5-6 word replies.
    The basically just said
    Please contact your hosting company.
    I have emailed Host Gator but as there in the US prob wont hear back till tomorrow.

Domain has been approved and I am able to put in DNS.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭theshamu

I have a few .ie domains running fine on hostgator - even bought from letshost

Have you had any problems setting up?

I have 2 dns codes from hostgator, you have 4 DNS fields in letshost and when I put them in and leave 3 & 4 bank I get the following error:
    Error : Empty NS list found for zone mydomain.ie. from ns1234.hostgator.com Your DNS change has been unsuccessful. Please verify your DNS entry and try again. If you still get this error, please contact your hosting provider and ask them to set up DNS for your domain, and then try the change again.

Any help much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

In order to use ANY nameserver set for a .ie domain name the zone has to be already configured on it.
    So you can't switch a .ie over to use your chosen provider's nameservers until they configure them properly - the error's basically saying that the nameservers on hostgator's end aren't setup

• Advertisement
Advertisement