Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Dodgeball League - March 2011

Options
  • 25-02-2011 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

How's it going folks,

There is a mixed-adult, recreational dodgeball league starting in Waterford next month. It takes place in Waterpark School Gym every Wednesday night 7-9pm - I'm hoping to have it up and running by the 23rd of March. The 1st league just finished last Wednesday

Teams of between 6-12 players are to be registered and I am looking for 8 teams of both male and female players to register.

It costs only €30 to register the team, and each player pays €5 per night (2 games of dodgeball per night). It's great craic, check out the Facebook page below:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Waterford-Dodgeball-League/147353551959632

Any questions or for application forms and rules, please email waterford.dodgeball@gmail.com or ring 086-8661015.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

150797_172531566108497_147353551959632_490264_6141674_n.jpg

Waterford Dodgeball Summer League Final Standings

waterforddodgeballleaguetable7.jpg

Semi Final Line Up, 1st V 3rd and 2nd V 4th

semifinal.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I played in the Dodgeball League last season, (not the one above) and have to say it was a load of fun! Good laugh, win lose or, em I'm not sure if a game can be a draw, but you get my point! Really good atmosphere amongst the teams, and even though it boil down to who can be most aggressive with the ball and situations where a team player can be vastly outnumbered by the other team I've never seen it spill over into arguments. I'd recommend it for next season, men and women!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

What's the ball like anyways? Is it a big sponge or can ya do a little bit of damage if you launch it into someone's face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

seanybiker wrote: »
    What's the ball like anyways? Is it a big sponge or can ya do a little bit of damage if you launch it into someone's face?

Yeah it's a big spongey ball Seany, but thrown the right way it would sting your face for sure but throwing at faces is illegal. I think if you get hit in the face you stay in the game but the player who hit you is eliminated! Other than that it wouldn't hurt... unless you got it in the goolies!

• Advertisement

DBPT_n.jpg

The IDBF ball features a low pressure butyl bladder, durable polyester fabric cover for NO STING. 2.5 mm foam layer for softer feel and triple lined for durability and shape retention. No stinging and low mass transfers make this the players choice.

It stings if your hit in the face "which is only allowed in international matches", it can hurt if hit in the downstairs department.

Members of the England National team can manage to throw these balls at 68mph, and that in the face or down stairs hurts but thats all.

The Summer League concludes this Wednesday 21st September 2011,

For anyone interested in future involvement in Dodgeball why not come down, Waterpark School Gym 19:30

Below is a video to build up the big game!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dermo f

Does anybody here fancy setting up a team together?
    Ive never played this before but would give it a shot if a few other people were interested???

Good idea dermo,

Its very easy to pick up and in the off season in sure the lads from the WD league will be able to give yee plenty of practice nights to get use to the rules.

If yee manage to get a team or want to get involved just e-mail the lads, waterford.dodgeball@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

The_Shotz wrote: »
    Waterford Dodgeball Summer League Final Standings
    Ah now bonjo, did you have to include the final league standings that show us last? We were in a transitional stage! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 dbeagan

Dermo, I'd be on for that. I'll ask around to see if I can get anymore interested. When does it kick off...throw off!?

dbeagan wrote: »
    Dermo, I'd be on for that. I'll ask around to see if I can get anymore interested. When does it kick off...throw off!?

well lads,

for those of you interested, its now the off season, so its the perfect time to give it a go and see how you get on. the lads are organising a game this Wednesday in waterpark €5 for an hour of fun and craic, not sure of the time, to check drop Colin an e.mail at waterford.dodgeball@gmail.com

dbeagan wrote: »

well lads,

for those of you interested, its now the off season, so its the perfect time to give it a go and see how you get on. the lads are organising a game this Wednesday in waterpark €5 for an hour of fun and craic, not sure of the time, to check drop Colin an e.mail at waterford.dodgeball@gmail.com

8 bells lads, Wednesday night, Waterpark school hall. €5 for the hour.

The teams are mixed up in off season, so you'll get to play the full hour bed no fear of not been picked as everyone plays.

wat.jpg

Its now open season lads, a chance for new players to give it a go

Hey Bonjo,
    Couldn't make it last night. Is there many new faces turning up?

I missed last week and the lads said they were 8/9 new faces and this week they were 5 new faces.

Great craic last night, shapes busted out all over the gaff :D

I missed last week and the lads said they were 8/9 new faces and this week they were 5 new faces.

Great craic last night, shapes busted out all over the gaff :D
    I'll be there next week. That's great to hear. We may get a fewe new teams so!
    Never underestimate the power of dodgeball!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

really enjoyed it last night guys- my arm feels like its hanging by a thread. looking forward to next week and hopefully will have a couple more new faces coming with me. i'll have to give bonjo's technique a try-looks kinda like an under-armed schmeicel attempt(very effective)

nice to see the experienced guys showing patience with us noobs and not taking it too seriously:)

I like to call it the "Side-winder", its great becasue I dont even know where its going to end up haha

If cardboardwindow tries to recruit you lads for his team they're **** :D:D

Lucky for them the only way is up!

daaave wrote: »

nice to see the experienced guys showing patience with us noobs and not taking it too seriously:)
    Everybody gets a free pass.
    Next week, BRING THE PAIN!!

Disclaimer: Pain may or may not be brought.

• Advertisement

I like to call it the "Side-winder", its great becasue I dont even know where its going to end up haha

If cardboardwindow tries to recruit you lads for his team they're **** :D:D

Lucky for them the only way is up!
    Ah now, after all the cheerleading I did for ye! My priceless advice won ye the second league! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Having great fun since I started this last week. Think I've done damage to me shoulder trying to throw the ball too hard. There has to be an effective method to it tho. Can't be just brute force. But I'm sure I'll find out in due course. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dermo f

Good idea dermo,

Its very easy to pick up and in the off season in sure the lads from the WD league will be able to give yee plenty of practice nights to get use to the rules.

If yee manage to get a team or want to get involved just e-mail the lads, waterford.dodgeball@gmail.com

Definitly gonna make it there this week, couldn't make it last week unfortunatly. lookin forward to it now

dermo f wrote: »
    Good idea dermo,

If yee manage to get a team or want to get involved just e-mail the lads, [EMAIL="waterford.dodgeball@gmail.com"]waterford.dodgeball@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Definitly gonna make it there this week, couldn't make it last week unfortunatly. lookin forward to it now

just a reminder lads and lassies, its a mixed sport, this Wednesday 8pm for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

really good turnout wednesday-i think i may have got the bug,plenty of new faces so hopefully they'll be back next week. at this rate there will be more than one new team in the next season.

might be nice to create a team of boardies since the boards football team last year was a bit of an epic fail....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

daaave wrote: »
    might be nice to create a team of boardies since the boards football team last year was a bit of an epic fail....

Ah it wasnt that bad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

hey guys,
    Are ya'all still meeting up tonight at waterpark @8?

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    hey guys,
    Are ya'all still meeting up tonight at waterpark @8?

Yup

See ya there!

• Advertisement

Is there any ladies out there who ate interested in playing in the league but don't have a team.
    We've entered a team but unfortunately have no women on the panel due to a few pulling out. We deffo need one but if we could get 2/3 it would be great.
    The 1st league game is next wed night at 8:15 so if anyone is interested can they let me no ASAP.
    Cheers

Advertisement