Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone been refunded by ryanair over the christmas chaos?

Options
  • 25-02-2011 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

I spent three nights in a hotel in belgium waiting for flights, I want to be refunded so I rang the customer service and they told me to send a letter to the head office explaining everything.

Is this pointless or am I actually going to be refunded? Has anyone been refunded by ryanair? Or even Aer Lingus for that matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

0verblood wrote: »
    I spent three nights in a hotel in belgium waiting for flights, I want to be refunded so I rang the customer service and they told me to send a letter to the head office explaining everything.

Is this pointless or am I actually going to be refunded? Has anyone been refunded by ryanair? Or even Aer Lingus for that matter?

You have the receipts?

I didn't think this would be an issue tbh.

The weather though, not the ash right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

It was the weather yeah. And yes I do have the hotel receipts.
    I didn't think this would be an issue tbh.

What do you mean by that? You think I shouldn't be refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

You should be refunded alright, as long as you have receipts. I presume you included them with the letter???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Wife has been promised a full refund for the hotel cost, by Aer Lingus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

You rang Ryanair and they told you to send in a letter outlining the reasons for a refund along with receipts.

The you come on here looking for reasons why you won't get refunded.

Is it any reason Ryanair are so intolerable.

• Advertisement

Bluetonic are you just looking for an argument?

They wouldn't tell me anything other than "send in a letter". I even asked the customer service if anyone else has been refunded and he couldn't tell me.

I just wanted to know if it was likely I'd get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

I had a very good experience with Ryanair last summer, stranded in France for a few days due to general strike.
    Ryanair refunded hotel and meal costs within a few weeks when I sent in the receipts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I had organised for my g/fs family to come from Poland on December 23rd, returning on December 30th. December 23rd flight was cancelled, and I applied for the refund on the 27th or 28th.

Their website said to allow 10 days for refunds iirc, and I got an email soon after I applied for the refund saying that it was being processed, but may take slightly longer due to the number of refunds applied for.

My money was back on my credit card on January 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I had a flight cancelled at the start of December due to the snow. I submitted my refund request straightaway via the link provided and I had the funds back on my credit card within the week.

dudara wrote: »
    I had a flight cancelled at the start of December due to the snow. I submitted my refund request straightaway via the link provided and I had the funds back on my credit card within the week.

Dudara what was the link provided? They told me to send an actual hand-written letter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

dudara wrote: »

That's a bit different as you were simply opting to get a refund of the flight ticket. The OP is looking to claim for accommodation expenses which is a paper process involving receipts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭jclally

I submitted a refund request on 27/12, got the cash last week. Took a while but I got it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Dudara what was the link provided? They told me to send an actual hand-written letter.

It's not the same as your situation - as mine was a straightforward flight refund. I'm using it as an example to illustrate that they are able to process refunds.

In your case, you will need to send a letter with receipts (make sure to keep copies) and send it via registered post. Follow the instructions that they provide to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

You seem so unwilling to write a letter to get a refund. Have we become so lazy as a nation we won't even write a letter to get, or attempt to get, money or a refund without knowing the letter will be fully successful.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Advertisement