Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

batchfile to stop program

• 25-02-2011 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

I have batch file to start programs for update
    @echo off
    start "" "C:\Program Files\Spywareblaster\spywareblaster.exe"
    start "" "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe"
    start "" "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe"

Because i have threatfire installed it will block SpywareBlaster starting. So how can i stop threatfire.Is it exit and then the path? I tried from command prompt and did not work. On vista.

Also is there anyway to broaden the batchfile so that it will update the programs without my interaction

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Why are you using so many so many spyware programs?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

First of all, you can get rid of spybot. It's way behind in detection.

What level of protection do you have threatfire set to? Level 4 should be the max. Any higher and you will get lots of False positives.

There is no way to set exclusions in threatfire as for as I know.

If you want to disable Threatfire for period of time, right click on the system tray icon and click suspend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

T0mmyM wrote: »
    First of all, you can get rid of spybot. It's way behind in detection.
    disagree

If you want to disable Threatfire for period of time, right click on the system tray icon and click suspend.
    i know that i want to do it automatically so it disables itself and sb updates

Ok, If the program has a separate app for updating itself, then you could add that to the batch file. Look in the applications directory. MBAM doesn't have one, it's built in. I'm not sure about SpywareBlaster.

As for exiting the program with a batch file, use this command:

TASKKILL /F /IM "yourprocess.exe"

Ok, If the program has a separate app for updating itself, then you could add that to the batch file. Look in the applications directory. MBAM doesn't have one, it's built in. I'm not sure about SpywareBlaster.

As for exiting the program with a batch file, use this command:

TASKKILL /F /IM "yourprocess.exe"
    thanks;)

I tried with various forms of the first two line and get invalid argument option
    @echo off

TASKKILL /IM "" "C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFTray.exe"
    TASKKILL /F "" "C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe service"

start "" "C:\Program Files\Spywareblaster\spywareblaster.exe"
    start "" "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe"
    start "" "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe"

What path should i have for the first 2 lines?

• Advertisement

Hmmm, It seems TFservice.exe is locked by Threatfire to stop viruses disabling it. So that can't be killed.

Just try TFTray.exe on it's own.

It should look like this in your batchfile. You don't need the path.
    TASKKILL /F /IM "TFTray.exe"

Please don't forget to re-enable when finished :)

Hmmm, It seems TFservice.exe is locked by Threatfire to stop viruses disabling it. So that can't be killed.
    can i ask where do you see that
    Just try TFTray.exe on it's own.
    That will only stop the tray icon and exe? oops!says cannot be terminated?. have to press control and right click icon to exit TF

Also it is threatfire service that blocks spyware blaster. First i exit the tray and then go to services and stop the service. Cannot stop from task manager. more here

That is why i want to make it automatic
    It should look like this in your batchfile. You don't need the path.
    why don't i need the path? I have path for the starting progs do i not need it there either?

Please don't forget to re-enable when finished :)
    won't, much appreciated;)

can i ask where do you see that
    I was unable to stop threatfire service via task manager and services.msc (Admin).
    That will only stop the tray icon and exe? oops!says cannot be terminated?. have to press control and right click icon to exit TF

Also it is threatfire service that blocks spyware blaster. First i exit the tray and then go to services and stop the service. Cannot stop from task manager. more here

That is why i want to make it automatic
    For me I can stop TFTray.exe fine, but am not able in any way to stop the service with a command line, it's not allowed. It seems you have to do it manually.
    why don't i need the path? I have path for the starting progs do i not need it there either?
    Because the process is running in memory. You need the path to start it because Windows needs to know where to launch the .exe from.

It doesn't seem possible to do all this automaticaly i'm afraid. Threatfire doesn't make it easy to be terminated, which is good thing.

Hopefully the issue with SB will get fixed. Best to take the issue up with pc tools forums. ;)

Tommy

I was unable to stop threatfire service via task manager and services.msc (Admin).
    ok
    For me I can stop TFTray.exe fine, but am not able in any way to stop the service with a command line, it's not allowed. It seems you have to do it manually.
    i can try from services and it says cannot stop but still sb then works
    Because the process is running in memory. You need the path to start it because Windows needs to know where to launch the .exe from.
    ok thanks did not know that

I tried this on windows 7 64 bit but it says it cannot find the file
    my computer has a program file and a program files(86) folder. The relevant programs are in the (86) folder

paths in batch file are
    start "" "C:\Program Files(x86)\SpywareBlaster.exe"
    start "" "C:\Program Files(x86)\Malwarebytes'Anti-Malware\mbam.exe"
    it says cannot find i tried removing the (86) but did not work

• Advertisement

There should be a space after Program Files And Malwarebytes'.

Copy this:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

Same problem for spyware blaster, put a space after Program Files.

Thanks for reply again
    There should be a space after 'Program Files' And Malwarebytes'.

Copy this:

Same problem for spyware blaster, put a space after Program Files.
    works for malwarebytes;) but not sb. still says cannot find the file make sure you typed the name correctly.i have the space see
    start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SpywareBlaster.exe"
    What does echo off mean? I thought it meant that the command window would not open but mine does

For Spywareblaster use this. A bit was left out.
    start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SpywareBlaster\Spywareblaster.exe"
    What does echo off mean? I thought it meant that the command window would not open but mine does Today 13:21

Echo off just stops the code from being visible when the command is run.

For Spywareblaster use this. A bit was left out.

Echo off just stops the code from being visible when the command is run.
    Thanks that worked! I got a message to say not enough storage to process command
    Echo off just stops the code from being visible when the command is run
    being visible where? a command window opens and the the command is visible for me with echo off

being visible where? a command window opens and the the command is visible for me with echo off

Putting @echo off on the first line of your batchfile will the stop the code inside the command prompt windows from being visible. It doesn't stop the windows from being shown.

Thanks that worked! I got a message to say not enough storage to process command

Sorry I am not sure what that problem is.

Putting @echo off on the first line of your batchfile will the stop the code inside the command prompt windows from being visible. It doesn't stop the windows from being shown.

Sorry I am not sure what that problem is.
    ok many thanks for your help with this;)

No problem :)

If you want, you can have the command prompt window open minimized in the taskbar.

To do this create a shortcut to the batch file. Right click on it and go down and click properties, then select run minimized.

Remember to keep @echo off at the start of your batch file as it also closes the command window when complete ;)

Advertisement