Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show: 25th February 2010

Options
  • 25-02-2011 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

tonight is pre-recorded as Tubridy is round at the Andrews' house waiting to console his cousins when they all get f**ked out of their jobs....

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0225/latelateshow.html
    Irish screen great Maureen O'Hara will be among Ryan Tubridy's guests on 'The Late Late Show' on Friday night. She will be talking to Tubridy about the highs and lows of her acting career, her on-screen chemistry with John Wayne and why she's determined to live to 102.

Another much-loved Irish actor, Colm Meaney, will also be appearing on the show to discuss a career that ranges from 'Star Trek' to 'Con Air' to 'The Damned United'.

Music will come from new girl group Wonderland, who will be performing their debut single, 'Not a Love Song'. Tonight's 'Late Late' is pre-recorded due to all studio facilities being in use as RTÉ prepares for its comprehensive election results coverage. 'The Late Late Show' is on RTÉ One at 9:35pm.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE:
    Dermot O'Neill will be on talking about his battle with cancer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Maureen O'Hara was a real Hollywood beauty in her day!

Maureen-O-Hara-maureen-ohara-11948429-800-757.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

who else is on tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

the show is only on until 11.10pm tonight, so we wont have the normal number of guests.. I think we can probably expect one or more from the RTE canteen..

Yeah the LLS is finishing at 11:10 and the Eleventh Hour has an election special on RTE 2 at 11:15. Does Vinny have a programme tonight?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Pre-Recorded MUCK!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Shame it's not live, Martin Sheen is in town - he would have been a good guest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

SkidMark wrote: »
    Not long since he was on, iirc? But yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭amber2

Would that be 2011 or do we have to endure some re runs, roll it there Collette.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I may be entirely wrong, but is "much-loved" really the right word for Colm Meaney? I'm sure he has many fine qualities, and he can certainly act, but I've never heard him accused of being loveable.

I may be entirely wrong, but is "much-loved" really the right word for Colm Meaney? I'm sure he has many fine qualities, and he can certainly act, but I've never heard him accused of being loveable.
    Didn't he do some sh1te TV adverts for Halifax?

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Didn't he do some sh1te TV adverts for Halifax?

Yeah that was one of the last times he was on the LLS.. He was filming those ads while he was here.... Bit much him putting his credibility to the bank, and then them shutting down VERY shortly after... I'd say it was embarrassing for him.

No VB on tonight... however, sports fans... The amateur boxing is on live on RTE TWO tonight, which includes Kenneth Egan fighting for his 11th consecutive Senior Heavyweight title..

No VB on tonight... however, sports fans... The amateur boxing is on live on RTE TWO tonight, which includes Kenneth Egan fighting for his 11th consecutive Senior Heavyweight title..
    Just checked the TV3 listings a few minutes ago and Vinny B is going to be on at 11:30 tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Who is tonights Mystery (ilness) Guest?? :)

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Not sure about where the life threatening illness will come from but here comes tonight's tragedy;

Maureen O' Hara's third husband, Charles F. Blair was a pioneer of transatlantic aviation, a former Brigadier General of the U.S. Air Force, and a former Chief Pilot at Pan Am. A few years after her marriage to Blair, O'Hara for the most part retired from acting. Blair died in 1978 when an engine of a Grumman Goose he was flying from St. Croix to St. Thomas exploded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Pre-Recorded MUCK!

i think i heard him say it was recorded last Wednesday there during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Mr. E. conomy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Evening all!!!

I'm on the vodka (already) whoop whoop!

Who's around tonight for the pre-recorded muck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Pre-recorded rules out a lighting rig collapse,a fire or a deranged audience member running onto the stage:(

amdublin wrote: »
    Evening all!!! I'm on the vodka (already) whoop whoop!

Hiya, are ya serious .. on the spirits already?.. hmmm got twenty of those cheap bottles in Lidl.. was only gonna drink ten of them tonight, and then call round to Tubridy Falls tomorrow with the other ten beers and a box of tissues, to commiserate with half of Tubridy's family being put on the dole..

then call round to Tubridy Falls tomorrow with the other ten beers and a box of tissues, to commiserate with half of Tubridy's family being put on the dole..
    I think you should start an online book of condolences for them :D

• Advertisement

DLB is preparing for tomorrow by drowning his sorrows.

@TubridyTweets
    I'm glad that Tubs is like the rest of us - i.e he needs a drink before he can bring himself to watch the LLS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Howya folks! I'm all liquored up too - Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Hiya, are ya serious .. on the spirits already?.. hmmm got twenty of those cheap bottles in Lidl.. was only gonna drink ten of them tonight, and then call round to Tubridy Falls tomorrow with the other ten beers and a box of tissues, to commiserate with half of Tubridy's family being put on the dole..

I just hope you are right, but I won't write them off until the last vote is counted.

My drinking game tomorrow involves phrases like "Fianna Fáil not doing as badly as expected" and "disappointing, but far from the wipeout which was predicted"

amdublin wrote: »
    Evening all!!! I'm on the vodka (already) whoop whoop!

Just wondering if the serious section of the show tonight is about women who rely on alcohol to cope with the recession..

• Registered Users Posts: 82,309 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes if he was he would be on first so he couldn't take too much advantage of the green room.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hiya, are ya serious .. on the spirits already?..

You make me feel bad about my drinking :(

That's the attitude Diddler! :)

I just hope you are right, but I won't write them off until the last vote is counted.

My drinking game tomorrow involves phrases like "Fianna Fáil not doing as badly as expected" and "disappointing, but far from the wipeout which was predicted"
    Skid, I have a dreadful feeling that your right about FF. Very few people will admit they are going to vote for a FF candidate but when it comes to the polling booth it could be a different story.

It is a bit like the Daniel O' Donnell thing, very few admit to liking him or his music but someone is bloody buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Just wondering if the serious section of the show tonight is about women who rely on alcohol to cope with the recession..

Recession?

......Hiccup.....

What recession?!!!

Jonathan, for the weekend that is in it, you should push the boat out and purchase some Lidl champagne :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Bet there won't be a competition since it's pre-recorded, and for that reason...........I'm out :P

Most weeks I only hang in there in the hope that Tubs'll phone me to say I've won.

Advertisement