Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show: 25th February 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Did Pat Kenny have this amount of illness interviews?

I don't think so...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

baldbear wrote: »
    Cancer is a an awful thing but jaysus i'm sick of these illness slots. He says cancer alot. A comedian would go down a treat now!
    that#s the upsetting thing. tubs will prob do just that - ' a bit of something to cheer us up now folks'.

nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I'd much rather have heard Brendan O'Connor interviewing that family of a dozen kids.

He would have got straight to the point.

" Did you ever, like, think of taking Twink's advice and zipping up your mickey?"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

macroboy wrote: »
    mmm...ok let me explain..

i dont know or care who this person is.
    why don't you change the channel then :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Why are you all complaining about this guy. Just don't watch it if you don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Everything on this show is so fúcking wonderful.

With that auld bint maureen, half doting, everything was wonderful. She was doting. Ravling about her mammy and daddy. She should be in a home. She's great at 90 and all but Jaysus just sod off. Everyone will criticise Tubridy. He's either too soft or too harsh or something.

Wonderland thought it was wonderful.

Now Dermott thinks the nurses were wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

He was on the show before talking about the indignity of losing his house... I think it was during the late eighties..

Yes that's what I possibly saw.

Wishing him a healthy & good life for the future.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Skyuser wrote: »
    Why are you all complaining about this guy. Just don't watch it if you don't like it.
    We all know what cancer is and how it is treated, his story is no different to a million others we've heard. I'm sorry for him personally, but why this is on the Friday night entertainment show is beyond me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

its great to hear what level of care you get when you can afford it and GO PRIVATE, a luxury many in this country cannot afford and many can only dream off now these days ............still, continued good recovery to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sushifish wrote: »
    You must be such a huge ride yourself fred.:)

Which one are you? =p

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

In fairness he is articulating it pretty well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

(maybe not so recent: I'm allergic to Derek) .

I loooooooooooove Derek!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,616 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

"Green shoots of the economy we hear about", where the hell has this idiot Tubridy been or is he completely brainwashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Caner and then a new series plug. Classy.

I loooooooooooove Derek!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You're drunk.

TAXI!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Derek Mooney and Cancer don't go well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

oh god hes still on..

yes leaves are great arent they ..lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

hmmm wrote: »
    We all know what cancer is and how it is treated, his story is no different to a million others we've heard. I'm sorry for him personally, but why this is on the Friday night entertainment show is beyond me.

The Late Late Show is on enough years for you to know thats it always has a variety of guests from entertainment to current affairs and true life stories, so just turn over the channel if you don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

ArtSmart wrote: »
    wtf is it? are we a morbid race or something?

I don't think there's anything morbid about this. Given the improvement in his condition, I'm sure there might be some viewers, suffering from similar illnesses, who'll find this interview quite inspiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

He was on the show before talking about the indignity of losing his house... I think it was during the late eighties..

well not to ruin Tubridy's marvellous interview, but he is currently in remission. He does look very thin... Gay, straight or whatever he may be, he knows his stuff and has a real passion for the gardening.. and for that alone he deserves a bit of respect and good wishes..
    I was badly injured in a car crash a few years ago and I remember watching Dermot from my bed and his positivity was infectious. When I recovered I took up gardening and it has become a real passion.

I hope he is over the worst now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Cancer is an awful thing and my sympathy to those who have suffered and continue to suffer from it. I've lost family and have friends who have lost family to it.

But imagine how it feels when the news is broken to you. The doctor sits down, looks you straight in the eye and says "it's the worst news possible, i'm afraid. You're gonna be on the Late Late in a couple of months!!" You just never think it'd be you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

OH JESUS! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Dont give up the gardening Dermot. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

my ears.......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

OH DEAR...

my earrrrrrrs!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I know cancer is a serious issue and his is some story and all that jazz....

but at the same time...am I the only one who doesn't really want to hear of a fellows appriciation for insects and flowers and all that craic?

Its Friday night for jaysus sake, give us something funny!

And singing is not a career he should be entering into anytime soon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jaysus, he's singing now!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

C'mere seriously this is very amateur.

Jebus what is this the John Player Tops or something :confused:

Advertisement