Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show: 25th February 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

RayM wrote: »
    I don't think there's anything morbid about this. Given the improvement in his condition, I'm sure there might be some viewers, suffering from similar illnesses, who'll find this interview quite inspiring.
    perhaps. until he started singing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

macroboy wrote: »
    OH DEAR...

my earrrrrrrs!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

get offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

He's like the poofy choirboy at school.

Except he is a poof but he ain't a boy.

Mod Edit: This post earned a ban for Lahm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Good for Dermot, he seems like a decent man.

Hope his recovery continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What is the story with all the feedback tonight.. Are the sound engineers in RTE guys on work experience (every week)..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

The LLS is the probably the only show in the world that can turn a genuinely uplifting story of cancer recovery into a farce like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The usual comedians on this thread having a crack off a guy with cancer. Disgusting juvenile stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Oh god help me I laughed at him singing :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

The answer to the competition is none of them. The answer is 'AROUND'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

What time is this over at?
    Yaaaaaawwnnn

• Advertisement

Lahm wrote: »
    He's like the poofy choirboy at school.
    Except he is a poof but he ain't a boy.

Ah take it easy ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Skyuser wrote: »
    The Late Late Show is on enough years for you to know thats it always has a variety of guests from entertainment to current affairs and true life stories, so just turn over the channel if you don't like it.
    Do you always give strangers unsolicited advice? Who exactly do you think you are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Adbreak Entertainment

mooney Breaking Balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Do any of ye ever enter the competition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Is there any other prime time chat show, anywhere in the world, where you have an 'illness of the week' every week?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

good luck to dermot, now, what next? a naked Juggler>?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

I'm beginning to think i might have been to hard on tubbs. (i know, i know..)

this is the same formula as Gaybo had. Pat Kenny couldnt handle it, neither can tubbs.

the LLS is targeted to the intellectually dead or almost dead.

though in fairness, Gaybo did bring a touch of magic to it, now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Aidric wrote: »
    The usual comedians on this thread having a crack off a guy with cancer. Disgusting juvenile stuff.

I was interested in his story and delighted to hear he is in recovery. But why did they have to go ruin it all by making him sing?

Is it really necessary or can we not just appreciate the uplifting story alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I think Derek Mooney is possibly worse than Tubridy. I don't say that lightly, i've thought it through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

MidlandsM wrote: »
    good luck to dermot, now, what next? a naked Juggler>?

Colm Meaney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Dont think anyone was slagging his cancer

SkidMark wrote: »
    Is their any other prime time chat show, anywhere in the world, where you have an 'illness of the week' every week?

It is bizarre to have such a weekly segment on the show, when the brief is that it is "light entertainment"... But tbh, some of the interviews with the sick people have been funnier than Tubridy's interview with comedians..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

SkidMark wrote: »
    Is their any other prime time chat show, anywhere in the world, where you have an 'illness of the week' every week?
    Have we had the panel of self-important people section yet? I like that, because Tubs does his ridiculous lying back on the chair trying to ask intelligent questions thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

MrsD007 wrote: »

Hellooooooo.

Hello MrsD? Hello, My name is amdub and I, eh, eh work for the LLS. So em just to let you know that DLB, eh I mean Ryan will be ringing you next week the 4th.

So eh, yeah don't be drinking next week and just em stay by your phone. K?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

hmmm wrote: »
    Do you always give strangers unsolicited advice? Who exactly do you think you are?

This is a forum isn't it, do you need to look that word up in the dictionary?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Sushifish wrote: »
    You must be such a huge ride yourself fred.:)

Have you been stalking me again Sushie baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Dont think anyone was slagging his cancer

His cancer is a wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I made a quip about him looking like a duck before he started talking but deleted it when he mentioned being ill. tbh, the bigger part of me feels worse about only seeing that as unnecessary after that fact came to light.

in short, what's worse.. making a joke at someone's expense, or only not doing that when they have real stuff to worry about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Is Meaney still dining out on his brief stint in Star Trek? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Will he show Meaney in a clip of Star Trek?:rolleyes:

Advertisement