Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show: 25th February 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

ArtSmart wrote: »
    agree. but there a nice vibe and i'd hate to see it spolied, hence

obnoxious thread wreckers should be reported, end of.

Thats fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

He is be back after the break.

Do you remember the lad in your town who had a shop and he would put up a sign " back in 10 minutes" and he would he away on the piss for the day.

However I think the one thing that can be achieved from this election is that the Irish people can say to a corrupt/incompetent party that we still have the power to remove the ground from under you... and I hope FF is completely wiped out as a precedent for other party's who should pursue such irresponsible, cowardly and immoral policies..
    I sincerely hope you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

MrsD007 wrote: »
    He is be back after the break.

Do you remember the lad in your town who had a shop and he would put up a sign " back in 10 minutes" and he would he away on the piss for the day.
    he he. ah, the old days...

or Clare today. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

oh, Vinny for sure, but he's not on yet.

Vinny just started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

nite all-been great meeting ye!
    Till next time....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

jojofizzio wrote: »
    nite all-been great meeting ye!
    Till next time....

Peace out.

he he. ah, the old days...

or Clare today. :D
    Up the Banner, lets hope tomorrow marks the end of Dev's county.

Hmmm. not a great line up on vinny. doing a bit of flicking

Did Marie-Louise say that she went out with Enda before or am I imagining it?

• Advertisement

Apres on RTE 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

well I would agree that FG dont have the balls to tackle the issues that need to be tackled... imo... dole and public service costs need to be cut cut cut... back to pre 2000 levels..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but pre-2000, the dole would have been the equivalent of less than €100. I'm guessing that you're neither on the dole, nor facing the prospect of being on it any time soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

well I would agree that FG dont have the balls to tackle the issues that need to be tackled... imo... dole and public service costs need to be cut cut cut... back to pre 2000 levels.. and the unions need to be told to FK right off...

However I think the one thing that can be achieved from this election is that the Irish people can say to a corrupt/incompetent party that we still have the power to remove the ground from under you... and I hope FF is completely wiped out as a precedent for other party's who should pursue such irresponsible, cowardly and immoral policies..

I'm sure there are some inefficiencies in the public service and there should be cost cutting where possible but public servants (especially those on the lower rungs) have already had their pay slashed. Don't think there's much fat left to be trimmed there TBH.
    I have some friends who are now on the dole through no fault of their own who are struggling to make ends meet. People with mortgages and childcare costs. Would you be the one to tell them they should live on even less? Have you ever had to live on €188 a week?
    I have and it's not a great place to be to have to struggle week in week out to try to pay my bills. It's soul destroying.

I agree fully with what you say in your second paragraph.

Apres on RTE 2
    funny enough. back with vinny, see that nutter is on now. how'd he get on?

edit - oh a fight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Apres on RTE 2

ah feck missed it.. was it good?

ah feck missed it.. was it good?
    It was a repeat of the "DAA" sketch

Bring in the UN

brilliant

This is embarrassing :(

This is embarrassing :(
    i'm lovin it.

(McDonalds)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭yessam

Declan Ganly cold be right about FG. I think a lot of people have the same doubt in there heads, even though they voted FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

RayM wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but pre-2000, the dole would have been the equivalent of less than €100. I'm guessing that you're neither on the dole, nor facing the prospect of being on it any time soon...

I might seem right wing.... but it's as simple as this... people need to be "encouraged" to work.. I know lads that have been made redundant from jobs... are taking the ~188 on the dole and then doing nixers on the side... and that serves nothing... It has to be made MORE enticing to work and pay tax...
    I'm sure there are some inefficiencies in the public service and there should be cost cutting where possible but public servants (especially those on the lower rungs) have already had their pay slashed. Don't think there's much fat left to be trimmed there TBH.

The head of the HSE human resources said that he has 2000 people and that he could do the job with 700.... yet none of these people have been moved or taken off the payroll .. :confused: All the same people who were working in the County council planning departments who were taken on during the boom are still there... There is NO building going on in 2011... and a lot of people keeping their heads down..

I just realised that we are still on the LLS thread

anyone know what exactly Gangley stands for?

politically that is.

he seems to change with the weather.

I just realised that we are still on the LLS thread
    ha ha! you're right!!

completely forgot

I might seem right wing.... but it's as simple as this... people need to be "encouraged" to work.. I know lads that have been made redundant from jobs... are taking the ~188 on the dole and then doing nixers on the side... and that serves nothing... It has to be made MORE enticing to work and pay tax...

Agreed that it should be made more attractive to work than be on social welfare but the majority of people out of work are unemployed because they can't find a job because THERE ARE NO JOBS. Not because they aren't being encouraged enough to get work.
    Doing nixers...not right but can't say I blame many people who are doing so just trying to make ends meet in a country that still has one of the highest costs of living in Europe.

ha ha! you're right!!

completely forgot

Me too. Then again I may not be completely sober right now. What's your excuse? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Encouraging people to work (be it with the carrot or the stick) is only possible when there are vacancies into which they can be 'encouraged'. I've worked in minimum wage jobs in the past (taking home less than €300 per week), and I found it considerably more 'enticing' than €188. If my dole was cut to €90, I don't think I'd be any more likely to find a job.

That's not to say that there aren't people (albeit a minority) milking the system or doing nixers on the side.

I'm beginning to think i might have been to hard on tubbs. (i know, i know..)

this is the same formula as Gaybo had. Pat Kenny couldnt handle it, neither can tubbs.

the LLS is targeted to the intellectually dead or almost dead.

though in fairness, Gaybo did bring a touch of magic to it, now and then
    When Gaybo presented the LLS, most of us only had the two bog channels, Bog 1 and Bog 2 so we had nothing to compare him to. That's why we thought he was so great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Right, first off let me say that I do not regard walking on eggshells around gay people as treating them as equals. If someone had called a guest on the LLS a "fat ball of lard", or a "googly-eyed spaceman" it's unlikely anyone would have reported them, so I really don't see what the panic over "poof" is.
    Greentopia wrote:
    As for the Judy Garland remark I did have a gay boss in the hotel I worked in in Sweden who loved her. Stereotypes are often grounded in some truth.
    He wouldn't have had a problem with me saying that.
    What standard do you assume I'm trying to set? think you're making a false assumption based on me
    Greentopia, you're kinda missing the point I wanted to make. At this stage I was talking about how inconsistent the Judy Garland comment is, given the severity of your attitude in chastising the user who used the term "poofy choir boy". Lahm just used words, more plainly. But whether your intent is offence or not, the image conjured up by your "Judy Garland" fan reference is pretty much the same thing when it comes to the end result. Both bring to mind an idea of an effeminate, wimpish male.
    That's not assuming anything about you, that's just reading what you have written, which I see in front of me on the screen. But in regard to what Lahm said you set a standard and as I have pointed out above, it is in this context that I honestly see hypocrisy in what you said afterwards. That's why I mentioned it at all.
    Greentopia wrote:
    'Most of your gay relatives'? have that many do you?
    Well, strictly speaking, 3 would suffice for me to use the term "most", since 2 out of 3 would then be most of them, but yes as a matter of fact, I do have a good few (approximately 7) gay relatives in my extended family, from 20 somethings to pensioners. Not all them live near me anymore though. I referenced them because, being related, they would obviously be people I knew more about, than the general populace. Wanna help me wrap 'em in cotton wool sometime? ;)

Advertisement