Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show: 25th February 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Jonathan, for the weekend that is in it, you should push the boat out and purchase some Lidl champagne :D

Hey Mrs D there's a recession on, doncha know!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Bet there won't be a competition since it's pre-recorded, and for that reason...........I'm out :P

Most weeks I only hang in there in the hope that Tubs'll phone me to say I've won.
    I hate to admit it but once upon a time Mr. D and I used to take turns staying sober, incase we would win the prize at the end of the night.

We quickly realised that there was no prize on the LLS worth such a massive sacrifice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Bet there won't be a competition since it's pre-recorded, and for that reason...........I'm out :P

Most weeks I only hang in there in the hope that Tubs'll phone me to say I've won.

Hi dizzy,
    Now you know if you do ever get a phone call from him you have to mention this boards thread. Or DLB.

Or both please!

Hey Mrs D there's a recession on, doncha know!
    Sorry, Uncle Gaybo, you're so right :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I hate to admit it but once upon a time Mr. D and I used to take turns staying sober, incase we would win the prize at the end of the night.

We quickly realised that there was no prize on the LLS worth such a massive sacrifice for :D

Haha, it'd be better if you were drunk answering the phone anyway. At least you'd sound happy - most people who win don't even react.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

amdublin wrote: »
    Hi dizzy,
    Now you know if you do ever get a phone call from him you have to mention this boards thread. Or DLB.

Or both please!

Don't worry - if I win I'll mention all of it!

Years ago my younger brother used to take turns ringing neighbours every Friday night, just before the host would call the competition winner.

My brother would ring his target and advise them to stand by for a call from Gaybo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

are Wonderland that band that Louis Walsh manages and one of them is married to Kian Egan?

casio4 wrote: »
    are Wonderland that band that Louis Walsh manages and one of them is married to Kian Egan?

Yes, they're a "talented" bunch.

Yeah they're sh1te

• Advertisement

Yes, they're a "talented" bunch.

that's a strong word for them:D hope Louis isn't on the show:rolleyes:

amdublin wrote: »
    Yeah they're sh1te
    that's the spirit now we are getting in the mood for the show ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

mikom wrote: »
    Mr. E. conomy.

naaaaa, he left us all a long time ago, can't be him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭HoneyRyder

amber2 wrote: »
    roll it there Collette.

I always thought it was Róisín :\

HoneyRyder wrote: »
    I always thought it was Róisín :\
    Roisin took over when Colette retired :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭HoneyRyder

Roisin took over when Colette retired :)

See, I'm faaaar too young to have known this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I don't know how Kian Egan keeps a straight face when he says his wife had to audition just like the others, and that she got no special treatment.:)

HoneyRyder wrote: »
    See, I'm faaaar too young to have known this :)
    I wouldn't have known either only my mammy and daddy broke the news to me recently :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

SkidMark wrote: »
    I don't know how Kian Egan keeps a straight face when he says his wife had to audition just like the others, and that she got no special treatment.:)

She did an audition, but hers was a little more hands on than the others..

• Registered Users Posts: 82,602 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully the backing singing cd fails and they are exposed for miming :D. Either they sing live or fcuk off back to a karaoke bar.

• Advertisement

She did an audition, but hers was a little more hands on than the others..

I told she was "talented"

See that.. I opened a bottle at 8.30, first post after a few mouthfuls of cheap lidl lager and it gets three thankzzzzz.... coincidence, I dont think so...

JA + alcohol = better standard of posting..

oh yeah Dermot O'Neill is on as well.. I'll update the OP..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Why was tonights show pre recorded:confused:

See that.. I opened a bottle at 8.30, first post after a few mouthfuls of cheap lidl lager and it gets three thankzzzzz.... coincidence, I dont think so...

JA + alcohol = better standard of posting..
    I think it is time you cracked open the champers !!!
    grd7245.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Rte need the studio for the election results tomorrow

oh yeah Dermot O'Neill is on as well.. I'll update the OP..

Ah jaysis. Is that the gardener fella?

Remember the debacle when the last gardener was on.

What is it with Tubs and life threatening illness. Dermot O'Neill will be on talking about his recent battle with cancer. I think Dermot is a nice guy but it is hardly entertainment :(

Joke answer: Tubridy took the day off to canvass with Barry Andrews..

Real answer: RTE say that they needed the studio to prepare for the coverage tomorrow.. seems like a bit of a lame excuse to me but that's what they said..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

What is it with Tubs and life threatening illness. Dermot O'Neill will be on talking about his recent battle with cancer. I think Dermot is a nice guy but it is hardly entertainment :(

I guess this answers my earlier question of who the mystery ilness guest is.

Advertisement