Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do some people take football far too seriously?

• 25-02-2011 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

like cmon its just a sport no need to cry about it, what affect does a load of nobodys winning a match against another like load of nobodys(LOI) or like a team of foreigners winning against another load of foreigners(EPL) possibly have on u?

in loi case nobody cares on a monday morning if bohs beat shamrock rovers in the 'dublin derby' except for like 5,000 people(most of these are on dole anyway so its not like there will be any like bant with opposition fans in work..mayb along the dole que lol who knows)

then epl, some fat guy wearing a shirt with rooney on the back to small for him givin it loads to some malnourished guy with gerrard on the back that liverpool beat unira in the big game at the weekend :rolleyes:

like some of the forums here are just :rolleyes: i mean some guy in dublin calling a united fan in dublin 'a dirty manc' lol or dirty scouser hah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Football is a matter of life and death, except more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

the guy who said that was saying that as a joke it wasnt meant literally but people think he meant it for real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

What I cant stand is people from Ireland who support one of the English teams with a famous local rivalry ie

Liverpool - Everton
    Arse - Tottenham
    Man Utd - City

etc..

And they fully get into the rivalry as if they were from said place and actually despise the other team.

Idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Stick to the rugby son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

No they do not take it too seriously.
    If anything, there are too many clowns who don't take enough of an interest.

• Advertisement

rugby fans annoy me too but in a different way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

maximoose wrote: »
    What I cant stand is people from Ireland who support one of the English teams with a famous local rivalry ie

Liverpool - Everton
    Arse - Tottenham
    Man Utd - City

etc..

And they fully get into the rivalry as if they were from said place and actually despise the other team.

Idiots.

You've just branded almost the entire soccer forum idiots.

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

You've just branded almost the entire soccer forum idiots.

Well done.

In one swoop... Not a bad effort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

partyndbs wrote: »
    like cmon its just a sport no need to cry about it, what affect does a load of nobodys winning a match against another like load of nobodys(LOI) or like a team of foreigners winning against another load of foreigners(EPL) possibly have on u?

in loi case nobody cares on a monday morning if bohs beat shamrock rovers in the 'dublin derby' except for like 5,000 people(most of these are on dole anyway so its not like there will be any like bant with opposition fans in work..mayb along the dole que lol who knows)

then epl, some fat guy wearing a shirt with rooney on the back to small for him givin it loads to some malnourished guy with gerrard on the back that liverpool beat unira in the big game at the weekend :rolleyes:

like some of the forums here are just :rolleyes: i mean some guy in dublin calling a united fan in dublin 'a dirty manc' lol or dirty scouser hah

Tell me your interests then. Are we a ballet man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Tell me your interests then. Are we a ballet man?

After Black Swan, ballet is alright in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Heard there is a few scenes worth checking out, probably would be better than Green Street 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

You wanna check out Swan Lake, mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

worst fishing attempt in a long time.

still, the spelling is improving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Heard there is a few scenes worth checking out, probably would be better than Green Street 2

Having my teeth extracted with barbed wire in a vat of acid is better than GS2....

Why are they in an American Prison ffs!?!

green street represents everything i despise about football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

maximoose wrote: »

Liverpool - Everton
    Arse - Tottenham
    Man Utd - City

etc..

Idiots.

what i hate is people talking sh1te like this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I certainly do take it too seriously and I make no apologies for it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

theres a green street 2?!

(runs off to xtravision)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

papagormo wrote: »

(runs off to xtravision)

It's absolutely horrendous though. I watched half an hour of it and just had to stop watching it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1300853/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yes some people do take football too seriously

I cant judge however as I am one of those people

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

partyndbs wrote: »
    the guy who said that was saying that as a joke it wasnt meant literally but people think he meant it for real

I'd highly doubt that, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

papagormo wrote: »

(runs off to xtravision)

dont do it to yourself mate

baz2009 wrote: »
    I'd highly doubt that, tbh.

he was it was shankly wasnt it? he meant it in the same jokin tone when people on here say it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement