Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ricardo Villalobos ticket price...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MikeyOSN

I am quite aware of the difference between being an owner promoter and not i.e Fabric. That was explained to me, and I accept that. It is, however, no more expensive to be an external promoter here or the U.K. I know promoters here, and over in london and Birmingham, and they know this promoter - and all believe this to be dramatically over-priced. You can talk about costs all day, it won't make a difference....this is a rip=off.

Its been explained you a few times, on here and on BT forums. Cost to run an event in Ireland costs more than the UK. If you compare an independent promoter vs owner promoter than there is no way they can make the prices be the same. They take door, drinks, cloakroom. They can split their advertising costs, printing etc.

You're basing your calculations on what you think it should cost, and not on reality.

We dont have to cough up for anything, this is the point. If you dont want to go then don't, but going around on this personal vendetta makes you look like a tool. Its not up to the promoter to explain anything to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Cost is the deciding factor here. It equates to profit.

So, how much is RV getting? You seem to be well connected what with friends in London AND ticketmaster.

What I said about ticketmaster and London is true, to say what I think RV is getting would only be speculation. I think anyone can do the math on some of the smaller clubs he is playing (with external promoters) and see the gulf between there and Dublin. I am assuming you believe the price to be fair then?

Cost is the deciding factor here. It equates to profit.

So, how much is RV getting? You seem to be well connected what with friends in London AND ticketmaster.

I'd love for the price to be 10, love for petrol to be 10c a litre, love for breakfast roll to be 5c, but the reality of it is that they aren't.

You're barking up the wrong tree I think with your vendetta. You have no idea how much anything is costing other than ticket price so you can't make any assumptions. But you are, constantly.

You seem to have a religious faith on how right you are and no matter what anyone tells you you still won't listen.

Look, I can't reveal why, but I happen to KNOW that it is over-priced. That is why I am not interested in what peeps are saying to defend this promoter. If you don't like that, go buy a ticket....I will encourage people I know, and don't know, to boycott this, as I have a right to do. You may disagree with all of this, but I assure you....many don't.

I'd love for the price to be 10, love for petrol to be 10c a litre, love for breakfast roll to be 5c, but the reality of it is that they aren't.

You're barking up the wrong tree I think with your vendetta. You have no idea how much anything is costing other than ticket price so you can't make any assumptions. But you are, constantly.

You seem to have a religious faith on how right you are and no matter what anyone tells you you still won't listen.

• Advertisement

MikeyOSN wrote: »
    Look, I can't reveal why, but I happen to KNOW that it is over-priced. That is why I am not interested in what peeps are saying to defend this promoter. If you don't like that, go buy a ticket....I will encourage people I know, and don't know, to boycott this, as I have a right to do. You may disagree with all of this, but I assure you....many don't.

You're full of ****. If you knew the details you'd have been able to answer my original question. You've proven that you've no argument other than "i know". Many people have taken the time to explain it to you but you've your fingers in your ears. You KNOW **** all.

I have 2 tickets. They didn't cost €30 either, €23.50 or thereabouts. Looking forward to the gig.

Oooooo....bit emotional. Bang of Remedy off your posts;)

You're full of ****. If you knew the details you'd have been able to answer my original question. You've proven that you've no argument other than "i know". Many people have taken the time to explain it to you but you've your fingers in your ears. You KNOW **** all.

I have 2 tickets. They didn't cost €30 either, €23.50 or thereabouts. Looking forward to the gig.

MikeyOSN wrote: »
    Oooooo....bit emotional. Bang of Remedy off your posts;)

Ah jeasus Mikey, you got me. How did you figure it out?*

Should keep some of that cunning for when you're buying stuff online. Maybe you might have had the money to go to the gig if you didn't get scammed.
    http://www.topix.com/member/profile/mikeyosn

* I am not Remedy.

Aah, it's full of scammers the 'aul internet is;)

If you are not Remedy, then maybe you are another one of his minions. He had one on here and the BT forum - talking **** about the sub club if I remember. Even if you're not.....you are still pretty emotional about an over-priced event that you are not involved with...
    Ah jeasus Mikey, you got me. How did you figure it out?*

Should keep some of that cunning for when you're buying stuff online. Maybe you might have had the money to go to the gig if you didn't get scammed.
    http://www.topix.com/member/profile/mikeyosn

* I am not Remedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Lol, that is the funniest thing I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mntothat

If I could I'd pay you both 30 quid right now to shut the **** up!!

Remedy's in it for the money, big surprise.

Villalobos is over-priced, another shocker.

Bad venue, bad DJ and bad promoter, bad waste of time pointing it out for 5 ****ing pages!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

I seriously doubt you're paying into this gig,

the way this prick of a promoter has treated the scene and a lot of the people in it he deserves bad things to happen to him, the rather large awkward looking d1ck that he is! last time I seen him was in stradbally and to be honest I wanted to give him a boot when he was climbing into his campervan.

Best thing to do about the rip offs in this country is to just leave them at it, get out like I intend to do in weeks!! you're all welcome to the scene ye find yourselves in, you all disgust me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

whoopde****indoo

whoopdedoo wrote: »
    I seriously doubt you're paying into this gig

I am paying. I am not a scrounger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 NoUAre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭remedy dublin

this fri people!

for the group deal (10 tickets for 200e), please mail to info@remedyireland.com

"It's the most popular event of the week, featuring our readers' most popular DJ of the last year, so who are we to argue? Prepare for gridlock as Ricardo Villalobos descends on Academy." Resident Advisor

The very fact that you felt you had to post that makes that point moot.

Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

"It's the most popular event of the week, featuring our readers' most popular DJ of the last year, so who are we to argue? Prepare for gridlock as Ricardo Villalobos descends on Academy." Resident Advisor

Fail alright...I'd say most people consider BLOC to be the most popular event of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The comments on the RA event page say it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

When Ricardo Villalobos first played in Ireland (promoted by Electric City) the tickets were 12 Euro. The gig was in downstairs Traffic (which is now the Twisted Pepper).

tonight people.

group tickets now sold out btw.

splitrmx wrote: »
    When Ricardo Villalobos first played in Ireland (promoted by Electric City) the tickets were 12 Euro. The gig was in downstairs Traffic (which is now the Twisted Pepper).

saw U2 play in dandelion market for 2 shillings and a bale of hay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

this fri people!

for the group deal (10 tickets for 200e), please mail to info@remedyireland.com

Remedy, you are a fool who has largely gone a long way to ruining the Dublin Electronic Music Scene.

You can keep putting on all the gigs in the world for yourself and your bent little UCD crowd. Charge whatever you like, just don't try sell your sh**e to people who know what going clubbing in Dublin should be like.
    :D

Hope you default on your mortgage, remedy;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

saw U2 play in dandelion market for 2 shillings and a bale of hay.

so because we pay through the nose for bands who's ticket prices make large promoters huge sums of money for little or no risk whatsoever we should allow ourselves be fleeced by a fcuking twat to go hear some guy spin other peoples music for 2/3 hours!!

come on P, I thought you were smarter than that man, tut tut

whoopdedoo wrote: »
    so because we pay through the nose for bands who's ticket prices make large promoters huge sums of money for little or no risk whatsoever we should allow ourselves be fleeced by a fcuking twat to go hear some guy spin other peoples music for 2/3 hours!!

come on P, I thought you were smarter than that man, tut tut

If you refuse to go the gig, you don't allow youselves to be fleeced, it's simples. I can't see what the fuss is about. The notion of supply and demand has been explained to you several times on this thread. What's so hard to understand about it?

Seriously lads you're acting like a bunch of sacks calling the promoter a twat and hoping he defaults on his mortgage. And no, I have no connection with the promoter and honestly I truly regret buying that Villalobos album that topped the RA poll as best album of the noughties, a magnificent piece of crap, so the thought of people wanting to pay 30 euros to see him is beyond me. But guess what, it seems there is people out there willing to do it. You can't blame the promoter for people's stupidity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Mother of jaysus this is some thread:eek:

I for one commend anyone who campaigns against rip off promoters on the club scene, unfortunately there are many of them, unfortunately like any industry dance music having gotten so popular after the carefree Acid House days has attracted people who's sole aim is to make ££€€$$ from joe public by charging vastly inflated prices.

I think someone mentioned that this DJ (vastly overrated IMO) played before when it was Traffic and it was a more reasonable €12 entry, so how can Remedy justify the price they are charging.

He can't dude! It is just blatant ripoff republic nonsense...

Anyone any ideas on how it went?? Not Remedy, not interested in what you have to say. Anyone go? How many folk there?

jonnny68 wrote: »

I for one commend anyone who campaigns against rip off promoters on the club scene, unfortunately there are many of them, unfortunately like any industry dance music having gotten so popular after the carefree Acid House days has attracted people who's sole aim is to make ££€€$$ from joe public by charging vastly inflated prices.

I think someone mentioned that this DJ (vastly overrated IMO) played before when it was Traffic and it was a more reasonable €12 entry, so how can Remedy justify the price they are charging.

• Advertisement

And in the carefree Acid House days all the promoters done it all purely for the love of the music. :rolleyes: Early rave tickets cost £25 back in 1989 and most of them were run to make as much money for the promoters as possible.

The gig in Traffic was in 2004, ticket prices and his cache as a DJ have risen since then. They charge what they'll get.

Advertisement