Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a heroin addict strung out in a McDonalds toilet.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

mesosplody wrote: »
    You have to realise that the comments posted here are not a realistic response to the situation, it becomes like chinese whispers after 5 comments or so, with every comment each thread generally regresses to a twelve year old level. Don't let it anger or sadden you it's not really a cross section of humanity, more a collection of sociopathic nerds living vicariously.
    In fairness, I'm pleasantly surprised by how lacking in vitriol this is for a junkie thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

You have to realise that the comments posted here are not a realistic response to the situation, it becomes like chinese whispers after 5 comments or so, with every comment each thread generally regresses to a twelve year old level. Don't let it anger or sadden you it's not really a cross section of humanity, more a collection of sociopathic nerds living vicariously.

Sorry my friend but what makes you think you have the right to be a spokesperson for everyone that posts here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭polly78

Dudess wrote: »
    Maybe you should find out then before concluding that they're on a par with an animal?

I think no matter how bad things are for anyone you'd have to be completely stupid to bring yourself even further down. Their personal reasons are still irrelevant. Then again animals have a strong survival instinct so I'm sorry for the wrong comparison.

polly78 wrote: »
    I think no matter how bad things are for anyone you'd have to be completely stupid to bring yourself even further down. Their personal reasons are still irrelevant.
    Well having such a simplistic view of the world without knowing the individual's story is your choice I suppose - doesn't make it fair or right of you though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭NeedaNewName

Lux23 wrote: »
    A friend found a dead one in his stairwell about a year ago.

:D

"a dead one"

ah that made me laugh!
    In fairness, I'm pleasantly surprised by how lacking in vitriol this is for a junkie thread.

You're not trying hard enough tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Topper Harley01

So the 'heroine' turned out to have a pair of testicles?

Tough break, dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mesosplody

Sorry my friend but what makes you think you have the right to be a spokesperson for everyone that posts here.
    Oh Gingersnaps you poor misguided simpleton.. Isn't it obvious? I'm superior to you and your sad misguided kind. And I'm not your friend, I would however like to invite you to a battleships tournament I'm organising. Pm me for details!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Thats Dublin for you.

Southside Dublin* :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

and

:rolleyes:

Oh Gingersnaps you poor misguided simpleton.. Isn't it obvious? I'm superior to you and your sad misguided kind. And I'm not your friend, I would however like to invite you to a battleships tournament I'm organising. Pm me for details!
    People who use an online community forum being insulted... by someone who has created an account on this online community forum and posted via it. Person thanks them, also doing so via the medium of this community forum.

However, I do agree with you that there are people on this forum who say awful things about those they consider inferior to them, and they wouldn't dream of saying such things to them in the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭brenn7475

So the 'heroine' turned out to have a pair of testicles?

Tough break, dude.

I realise how I spelt it.....sorry Heroin...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

People who use an online community forum being insulted... by someone who has created an account on this online community forum and posted via it. Person thanks them, also doing so via the medium of this community forum.

However, I do agree with you that there are people on this forum who say awful things about those they consider inferior to them, and they wouldn't dream of saying such things to them in the real world.

Any comments I post here are comments I would make in the "real world". Maybe I'm being a bit naive to think that it would be generally the trend by other posters. Of course I know people will hide behind anonymity to have a go at others. That's their choice.

Sorry OP for getting off topic. I think you really helped that person with your actions. A collapsed persons airway can become compromised and cut off their air supply. You possibly saved them from becoming another statistic.

No I think mesosplody was having a go at people who say junkies should die etc - objecting to the same thing you and I are objecting to, but targetting his/her insults at anyone at all who posts here... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Went to take a leak in Burger King on O'Connell street one day and there was a junkie cleaning his syringe in the sink.

True Story...

Snap! Happened to me too. Went to wash my hands, junkie advised me not to touch the syringe lying beside the sink he was using. I politely accecpted his advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Poor guy - even if "it was his choice" (and I'd prefer to find out about his life before coming to that simplistic conclusion) he's being well punished for it now. What a distressing, saddening sight... :(
    :confused:

unless he was tied down by someone else and forced to take heroin until he reached the point of addiction, it was entirely his own choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Spunge wrote: »
    Addicts made some bad choices that doesn't mean they deserve to fúcking die. Jesus

Most of us made good choices, doesnt mean we deserve to be paying for Junkies and their mistakes.

What sort of non life threatening mistakes can I make that youd be willingk, to pay for, as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

I think you did a good thing, OP.

And no matter how bad your life is, nobody is forced to take heroin (excluding French Connection-type situations).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

brenn7475 wrote: »
    I realise how I spelt it.....sorry Heroin...

I can see you are having a tough time here replying to all the replies that are joking about your spelling mistake...the easiest thing to do is change the title by double clicking beside it. The ability to do this on your own thread expires after some time though.

Now.

This heroine. Was she a super heroine or just a regular one?

Any comments I post here are comments I would make in the "real world". Maybe I'm being a bit naive to think that it would be generally the trend by other posters. Of course I know people will hide behind anonymity to have a go at others. That's their choice.

Sorry OP for getting off topic. I think you really helped that person with your actions. A collapsed persons airway can become compromised and cut off their air supply. You possibly saved them from becoming another statistic.

Thanks

I just wanted to make sure he was not going to overdose on tiles of a McDonalds toilet. I can only imagine how horrific his life has been to date.
    How could you leave him there in a heap.
    I couldnt have anyway.

such a cliche.....

but that guy was a kid once....had a childhood and a family.

so what if he was a junky. It was a life on the floor yesterday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

brenn7475 wrote: »
    Thanks

I just wanted to make sure he was not going to overdose on tiles of a McDonalds toilet. I can only imagine how horrific his life has been to date.
    How could you leave him there in a heap.
    I couldnt have anyway.

You did a good deed, you don't have to explain yourself to a bunch of people on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

mcD's standards are gone to pot, in a dundrum branch earlier i saw grungepants begging its at the bottom of my blog

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭applejam

Absurdum wrote: »
    You did a good deed, you don't have to explain yourself to a bunch of people on the internet.

I agree.
    You should be proud of your actions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭zxcvbnm12

u did the right thing.imagine if a small child found him

WindSock wrote: »
    I can see you are having a tough time here replying to all the replies that are joking about your spelling mistake...the easiest thing to do is change the title by double clicking beside it. The ability to do this on your own thread expires after some time though.

Now.

Cheers im more or a reader than a poster on Boards...i'll know for next time

Its not a common word to be typing...;)

WindSock wrote: »

Now.

sorted thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Well done OP, it's sad to think that some people might not do the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »
    that would put you off testicles for the rest of your life..

OI!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Cybertron85

Sounds like he was shootin' a speedball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Most of us made good choices, doesnt mean we deserve to be paying for Junkies and their mistakes.

What sort of non life threatening mistakes can I make that youd be willingk, to pay for, as a matter of interest?

I suppose I should not pay for your healthcare, either. Just because someone is percieved as a "junkie" does not make them any less of a person. I hope for your own sake, you don't come to a set of circumstances which lead to chronic drug abuse. It's not a simple case that the individual chooses to abuse drugs for the craic. Usually, there are underlying issues that lead to drug abuse. There are many parameters that may influence drug abuse. Get off your high horse for once. It's not a simple issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

zxcvbnm12 wrote: »
    u did the right thing.imagine if a small child found him

and picked up the syringe !

Have heard that certain coffee shops now lock toilets and only allow paying customers to use them.

Advertisement